PDA

View Full Version : Baby Milk

roger
15-02-2002, 23:25
We have a 3 month old baby who in the UK has SMA white milk (powered in a tin).

Does anyone know if this is readily available in the US? I know lots of products go under a different name in the US but are identical.

We go th Florida next week and don't want to take several heavy tins with us, but also don't really want to change his brand of milk over there.

Thanks

-----------------
Roger

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
15-02-2002, 23:35
Hi Roger

Freya is particular about her brands of milk too (Isaac was when he was younger too). We find the US baby milk is not the same (although other things like nappies are). Most of the baby milk we have ever bought in the US seems to have tons of extra iron in and is not popular with either of our two.

We usually take a spare suitcase with us to bring back clothes which we stock up on every time we go to the US so just fill that case with babymilk and other paraphenalia that we will use while we are there.

John & Sarah

markemma
16-02-2002, 16:03
My daughter last year only had SMA but you can only get US milk so as Sarah said you will have to take your own if your child is fussy, better to be safe than sorry, its great now they come in ready made packets etc.
Dont forget to take your Calpol with you aswell as they only sell their own makes, I am sure they are fine but I would rather stick with Calpol.
Emma

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
16-02-2002, 16:27
We find the Advil Childrens Medicine you can get in the US even better than Calpol and always bring a supply back with us.

It lasts for up to 8 hours (twice that of Calpol) meaning you can give it to a sick child and they then sleep the whole night without needing more medicine in the middle of the night :).

John & Sarah

roger
16-02-2002, 17:33
Ok - that's me sold - Advil it is!!

We'll take our own milk just in case - We're not sure if Leon is fussy, but we don't want to get there and find out he is.

----------------------
Roger & Carolyn Parry

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
16-02-2002, 17:42
The first time we went with Isaac we thought that US baby milk could not be *that* different that UK milk. How wrong we were - he just would not drink any at all. Since then we never go without more than we need!

John & Sarah

Edited by - floridadreamvilla.co.uk on 16/02/2002 13:44:43