PDA

View Full Version : Let's make this easy...

Amirah
11-03-2003, 22:00
Which are the corniest rides at Universal?? There has gotta be more good ones than bad. Also, which are the shows worth seeing? From my other question...the responses said that Twister is a good show to see.

florida4sun
12-03-2003, 05:45
As a family we wlove everything. Kids are a bit too big for the Barney Show these days. Youll easily do the lot on a week day.

quote:Originally posted by Amirah

Which are the corniest rides at Universal?? There has gotta be more good ones than bad. Also, which are the shows worth seeing? From my other question...the responses said that Twister is a good show to see.

fiona
12-03-2003, 12:46
Terminator is a must! My girls love Men in Black, one does Back to the Future while the other comes with me to do ET. Earthquake has some new additions to it - great fun and again shows off the movie magic. Jaws is also a must.

Must admit we saw the Pet show when the children were young and haven't done it since! Nor have we ever done the Wild West show.

Beetlejuice and Blues Brothers just rock!:D

If you like I love Lucy there's a tribute to her which is worth a look. My girls love the re-runs so it's nice a new generation has been introduced to her.

tinkerbell
12-03-2003, 13:38
Sorry Fiona, but you have DEFININTELY missed a treat with the Wild Wild Wild West Stunt show! It's such good fun for everyone! I've been dozens of times to see it now, and although the script only marginally changes, it's like watching for the first time every time!

Pet show is OK, for young kids it's probably quite good, if you need a sit down in the shade for a while, then it's worth a go, but I wouldn't miss something else for it.

Have to say that Twister is a bit of a joke! You stand in a wind tunnel and basically see a load of plastic objects being swung around on pieces of string! Yes, you can see the string! The themeing is good, but it's quite a dissapointment if had to wait for any amount of time!

MIB is an absolute must, along with E.T. Jaws and Earthquake. Back to the Future is good, but just another aimulator after you've been touring the parks. I think it's days are numbered!

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
12-03-2003, 13:40
Is the Wild Wild Wild West Stunt like the one at Universal Studios in LA? I remember that one being great fun with real blood effects and people falling off the top of the saloon when they had been shot.

blott
12-03-2003, 14:24
Yes, John, that's the Wild, Wild West Show to a T but you've left out the well, the dynamite, Ma and her daft sons and the comedy script!

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
12-03-2003, 15:33
That sounds like it although my mind is a little hazy as it was 20 years ago since we saw it :(.

blott
12-03-2003, 16:08
It's good fun with lots of action the kids will probably like so you should go and see if it's changed much from what you remember.

Actually, it featured on one of those celebrity job switch TV programmes when Monte Don was tasked with being one of the stunt cast members and he gave a very creditable performance with alarmingly little training.

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
12-03-2003, 16:16
Now you mention it, I'm sure I saw that on TV Blott.

We're over in a couple of weeks and will be going to Universal for the first time with the family (myself, Roger and Martin went last September when we were over on our 'business trip' ;)).

Amirah
12-03-2003, 21:48
OK, I will save Twister for last. The petting thing is out, my daughter is 7 and she's into action. Thank you so much for your wonderful and informative responses. I appreciate them!