PDA

View Full Version : Traffic from the resort to WDW

Amirah
10-03-2003, 22:00
Our resort is about 7 miles away from the Animal Kingdom entrance, 'they say'.

Question: Is there a lot of traffic getting to the WDW theme parks at 7:45am. We want to get to all of the parks as soon as they open.

Amirah

athurstance
10-03-2003, 23:45
It really depends what time of year you're going. I'm assuming you're staying on the US27 area is you are heading into Animal Kingdom - is that right. We drive from US27 to Animal Kingdom in less than 15 minutes usually - a few minutes more if we get caught at both set of lights. In peak season - Xmas, Easter, Summer you may take a few minutes more but it is not a long drive and isn't likely to pose a problem.
We always aim to be at the parks for when they open. More important than the drive is to allow time to park, get the tram and then walk across to the entrance. The car parks are huge.
Magic Kingdom is the longest from car park to park entrance - you have to take a tram, then ferry or monorail. They are very efficient though at moving everyone in - I'd allow 30 minutes though.

Angela

Lesley S
11-03-2003, 01:43
Hi, which development are you staying at. We are on Indian Creek, and Animal Kingdom is just 3 miles away. Sometimes the traffic on the 192 is busy. If the owners can give you the short cut way, you should avoid most of the traffic, coming from the maingates of Disney.

esprit
11-03-2003, 03:01
Are you east or west of Disney? If you are to the west, there is a short cut direct to Animal Kingdom Lodge details of which you will find if you search on here ( or pm me).

Amirah
11-03-2003, 20:36
How silly of me not to include where we will be staying and the time of year.

My family and I are staying at the Liki Tiki Village located at 17777 Bali Blvd, Kissimme in the 3rd week of May 2003. I appreciate all of your responses. The info I just provided can help you help me more!

I would love to be at the entrance of the parks as soon as they open so we can be back at our resort for dinner in the evenings.

Thank you all again!

chris
11-03-2003, 21:59
I think your best route is to go north on the 525 (turn left out of the main entrance to the subdivision), then jump on the osceola parkway toll road going west straight into Disneyworld. Allow at least 15 minutes, maybe a little longer to get there.
If you arrive about 15 minutes before they open you can usually get through the turnstiles into a 'holding pen' then they lift the ropes and you are off.
Plan which ride to do first and head straight there. If you're not too bothered then just walk straight to the back of the park and work towards the front as the rides closest to the entrance fill up first. (Always plan to do the fast pass ones first as if you dont or dont get a fast pass you could find the queue is as long as an hour or more).