PDA

View Full Version : Where to Fish in Orlando?

Amirah
10-03-2003, 07:38
Can anybody share a great place to fish near WDW? My husband wants to take our daughter fishing while we are in Orlando in May. But he wants to keep in in the vecinity of WDW or our resort (Like Tiki Village). Any names, phone numbers, websites or prices will be greatley appreciated.

Thank you

florida4sun
10-03-2003, 16:45
Why not contact the resort (I have never heard of it) and see if there are fishing lakes there . Most of the owners on here have lakes within walking distance of the houses and supply fishing gear.
Disney has some good fishing on site. Fort wilderness is good.
Dont forget you will need a license (get from wlamart or fishing shop) unless you are using a cane pole. There is noi such thing as private fohing in florida and you can fish anywhere (provided you can access the water).
Dont worry about gators, attacks are extremely rare you have a higher chance of being run over by a bus.

quote:Originally posted by Amirah

Can anybody share a great place to fish near WDW? My husband wants to take our daughter fishing while we are in Orlando in May. But he wants to keep in in the vecinity of WDW or our resort (Like Tiki Village). Any names, phone numbers, websites or prices will be greatley appreciated.

Thank you

chris
10-03-2003, 18:39
Martin
Do you mean we can just go onto someone elses subdivision and use the lake for fishing in?
Last week Paul and Peter went fishing at Kissimmee lakefront park and had a great time but somewhere like Esprit would be nearer. They bought their rods at Walmart, Peters for $20 and Pauls for about $60. Only trouble is Paul prefers Peter's!!!

Amirah
17-03-2003, 22:44
I called my resort like some of you suggested and yes they have fishing on site. I'm not sure if it up to par, but it will have to do.

Thank you all.

florida4sun
17-03-2003, 23:23
Yes you can fish anywhere. You have access to Lake Davenport at Esprit (during the quieter times you can catch me ishing their late afternoon). You should have a license though.

quote:Originally posted by chris

Martin
Do you mean we can just go onto someone elses subdivision and use the lake for fishing in?
Last week Paul and Peter went fishing at Kissimmee lakefront park and had a great time but somewhere like Esprit would be nearer. They bought their rods at Walmart, Peters for $20 and Pauls for about $60. Only trouble is Paul prefers Peter's!!!

tuzanne
09-03-2004, 20:27
I am not an expert on fishing but we have just bought a villa on Terra Verde and one of the things they advertise as a selling point is the fact that it has a lake stocked with fish for anglers. I assume that you have to bring your own rods, but maybe the clubhouse hire them out. It is also a great community for kids as you can see if you log onto the site.

royplumber
20-03-2004, 04:24
is there anyware to fish for tuna or cod ! non of of this lake fishing but sea fishing

royplumber
20-03-2004, 04:28
Can you go to beach in keys buy some snorklin gear and off you go or even swim near corals with out using a boat to get you there
please pm me many thanks.

blott
20-03-2004, 05:02
Try here for info about salt water fishing. http://myfwc.com/marine/ where you can also purchase fishing licenses.

kevinprewett
20-03-2004, 16:36
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by royplumber
is there anyware to fish for tuna or cod ! non of of this lake fishing but sea fishing
[/quote]

Hi far are you willing to travel for good fishing? I have info. for excellent fishing in SW. Florida if you are interested.[msnsmile2]

Farida
21-03-2004, 14:30
We're in Rotonda in a couple of weeks and have heard that Port Charlotte is the place to go for deep sea fishing - anyone had any experience of this?

george
21-03-2004, 16:31
'Sea World'...... but use large bait!
PS. Capture and release!!!!

dennis langmead
30-03-2004, 03:19
Hi i am new to the forum, we have a place at palm key village on hwy 27 there is no fishing lake on our site, but close by we have Hampton Lakes, i didnt like to fish there as it is a private community , but going by some of the comments this may be o.k. any other fishing close by? info appreciated .Thanks

royplumber
14-05-2004, 04:21
well in the end i went snorkling but thanks anyway

15-05-2004, 03:25
Aah Roy so you did get in!

dazzyb
15-05-2004, 22:38
We always fish Lake Davenport at Esprit. There is a great boat dock to fish off. you do need a license but as other people have said you can get them from Walmart. Great for bait fishing (bacon works well)for sunnies, panfish and cat fish. We average about 12 in 2 hrs fishing.

Pikey1999
16-05-2004, 01:15
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by george
'Sea World'...... but use large bait!
PS. Capture and release!!!!
[/quote]

Will any of my kids do for bait? ;)

mm69340
26-05-2004, 23:38
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by florida4sun
Yes you can fish anywhere. You have access to Lake Davenport at Esprit (during the quieter times you can catch me ishing their late afternoon). You should have a license though.
[/quote]

Last November while showing my Dad the Lake at Esprit we met a very nice man fishing there, he was using hotdogs for bait- Was that you Martin [msnwink][msntongue]

tuzanne
09-09-2004, 01:10
I have since heard that the Terra Verde Clubhouse do not stock rods for hire and although I will be suggesting that they do, I wondered if anyone knew somewhere where you can hire them.

Sue

blott
09-09-2004, 03:02
As per a previous thread the other day, you can purchase them for around $20 in Wal-Mart so having a rod rental business would probably quickly lead to bankruptcy!