PDA

View Full Version : trip to the everglades and gulfcoast

mona
21-04-2005, 18:52
Hi

We are in Florida for the first time in march '06 [clap][clap][clap]
We are staying for 16 days and would like to see and do as much as possible.
I would love us ( 2 adults and 3 teenagers ) all to go down to the Everglades for a day, spend the night in a hotel/motel and visit Sanibel beach/ ( or any other that that is lovely) on the way back to Orlando.
Is this worth doing in 2 days? How long do you drive down to the Everglades ? and where would be the best place to stay overnight?
( not too pricey, but tidy)

thank you in advance for any information
Ramona

DarrenShort
21-04-2005, 22:25
Have just worked out the route, and it is approx 740miles, so I think 3-4 days may be better to include a bit of rest time whilst enjoying the sights.

nicholson
07-05-2005, 02:45
Hi Ramona,

We have stayed on Marco Island which is just to the West of the Everglades. However, it took the best part of a day to drive down there. Naples is in that vicinity too and has many hotels/motels with easy access to Everglade City where you can get an airboat ride (great experience). I would go along with Darren and suggest 3 or 4 days to make it comfortable.

linda allen
07-05-2005, 12:30
I would agree with Darren, 3-4 nights would be more suitable. Sanibel Island is well worth a visit as too is Naples. have a great holiday.

Cruella DeVilla
07-05-2005, 16:02
Overnight is not long enough. You need a good 4-5 days to enjoy the area.

DisneyDreamer
08-05-2005, 01:31
I agree, we spent 2 weeks in the area and still didn't do all we wanted!!!

mona
08-05-2005, 20:51
Thank you very much.......
that answered that question for me.
I guess we will have to go again and split our holiday to
spend some time down south.

Ramona :D

andrewmckay5
08-05-2005, 20:57
Mona,
this is a bit of a hobby horse for me but i do think there is a lot of mileage in a 2 centre holiday. Especially if you have been to Orlando before and want to see some more of Florida or spend time on the beach.
Some great Gulf Villas on the links above[msnwink]
andrew

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by mona
Thank you very much.......
that answered that question for me.
I guess we will have to go again and split our holiday to
spend some time down south.

Ramona :D
[/quote]