PDA

View Full Version : LOADS of arrests no convictions help!

Limara
21-04-2005, 02:33
Hi guys,advice needed! hubby from about 14 years old thought it was funny to wind up the coppers loads of arrests never been convicted of anything most he has is a caution that is well over 10 years + old.
My question is i take it because he has been arrested he will need a visa, do we need any proof of these arrests if so what and how on the earth do we get it, he has no idea of any dates for any of them, and there was quite a few!
I have looked at the form we need to fill in and its asks for an address you are staying at in the states, even though they tell you on the site not to make travel plans until you have tthe visa. How do we get on by not having an address? I am not booking anything else until we have that visa in our hand, I actually doubt that he will stay in a que for as long as he will need to!
We have been to florida 9 times always ticked no on the form as hes never been charged with anything.
I dont want to get to florida to have him deported on entry ( the 2 weeks without him would be nice but I need some one to drive that car! )

blott
21-04-2005, 03:13
Firstly, for the address, ask the person or company you've booked through. If you haven't booked yet, then put that on the form.

The visa waiver regulations are for arrested and/or convicted so if he's been arrested, as you've guessed, he needs to apply for a B2 visitors' visa.

If he's got no idea of the dates, perhaps he'd know the approximate year or his age at the time?

Limara
21-04-2005, 03:27
no idea of any of them except possible age of the first one then it went to a very regular event, think it was the regular saturday night thing then to sit in the cells and start shouting wrongful arrest, not quite as funny now!

DaveL
21-04-2005, 12:08
One problem is that you have been in 9 times and ticked to no box each time. Others may want to comment on the INS view of this but they may consider it a bit over to top.

May be someone with experience of this particular issue can comment.

Dave

blott
21-04-2005, 18:44
That is a potential problem but everyone who has reported back so far who has said they entered previously on a visa waiver haven't given it as a prime cause for refusal. So far the stats on previous visa waiver entries look OK, at least from people reporting back to the forum.

It seems to me then if he hasn't got a clue, the next step would be to approach the Police Station where the arrests occurred to see if they can find the dates. This is a pretty daunting task perhaps without some idea of which years. If you do this and still can't find the info exactly, then you can only list the (I guess approximate?) number of arrests in between years xxxx and xxxx on the form. You also need to list the caution which should be documented by the Police.

Mr G
21-04-2005, 20:06
Anyone can apply at their local Police station by completing a DPA form (Data Protection Act). There will be a fee, however the Police should disclose the list of Arrests/convictions and any information they hold on an individual.

Limara
22-04-2005, 01:53
guess first step is the local police station then, to see if they actually have anything on file, surely thats doubtful for over 25 years ago. he doesnt actually remember all the arrests let alone the damed dates, he does remember the one where they had to arrest him on suspicion of drink drive because the officer that stopped him didnt have a breath tester and the only way he could detain was to arrest whilst he called for another cop to bring him the breath test.. no result he hadnt drunk a drop! as to the date NO IDEA! and all the other arrests were about as crazy as that one!

marv
23-04-2005, 23:13
hi
You will need to apply at your local constabulary who will then send forms for you to fill out with a £10 fee. Send this off and they will apply to scotland yard for list of convictions. This process took about 2 weeks for my husband and he had convictions on his NIS document when he was 17, over 30 years ago.
As for the Visa waiver thing we went last year on the visa waiver as we didn't know about any of this then, so i wouldn't worry to much about that.
We just put Orlando on the Address that we are staying as we dont know where we will be allocated to stay untill we get there as its a Virgin Villa.
Were off to the Embassy next week to hopefully get his Visa, ill be glad when this is all over and i can concentrate on planning our holiday.

Good luck to you