PDA

View Full Version : CAN ANY1 HELP??

ooblueeyesoo
21-04-2005, 01:39

benfilo
21-04-2005, 02:38
hi ooblueeyesoo , welcome to the forum I've stayed down Miami for a week ages ago Fort L isn't too far away depends, where you're staying and visiting. can't help you on the driving time to the gulf coast, but is is beautiful and you will have a great time, have a great time

heathercobbett
21-04-2005, 12:41
Sanibel is really lovely with one third left wild.Not for teenagers,not much to do!

It took us 4 hours to get there.You will find it a lot more expensive than the Orlando area

becbecs
21-04-2005, 14:35
I can highly recommend Longboat Key Sarasota which is just 20 mins drive from Siesta Key.
We stayed at the Hilton which is on the beach. Many excellent restaurants to choose from, lots of great shops at St Armands Circle. If you want relaxation this would be my recomendation. But I would say anywhere on the Gulf Coast is a must.

Not sure of the driving distances to Fort Lauderdale or Miami from the Gulf Goast but I would say a good couple of hours if you are looking at Sanibel & Siesta Key. Fort Lauderdale to Miami shouldn't take to long as they look quite near to each other.

Take a look at the other threads in this section of the Gulf Coast, may give you some more ideas.

Hope this helps[clap][clap][clap][clap][clap]

ellie
21-04-2005, 20:56
Hi, hope you have a great time in Miami. Its a fascinating city, with lots to do and see.

It is approximately 20 miles from Miami to Fort Lauderdale. The journey across to the Gulf Coast is quite long, according to traffic - which can be very busy round Miami and Fort Lauderdale.

If you use the Interstate 95 from Miami to Fort Lauderdale, try using the special HOV lane which is the first lane on the left hand side. It is marked by a white diamond, and is for high occupancy vehicles, more than 2 persons, and it really is quicker. Whilst still being part of the 95, it veers off on its own, on a separate raised highway, so you can bypass a lot of the slower traffic on the 95, but you can exit just the same as if you are on the Interstate.

There are some nice beaches around Boca Raton, which you might like to try, this is just 20 miles north of Fort Lauderdale, and it is a really beautiful area. There are some great malls, too. If you are in the Boca area, try Town Centre Mall - Cheecake Factory here too!

Have a great time.[msncool]

ooblueeyesoo
21-04-2005, 23:59
Hiya Ellie,
Can you tell me how long the driving time is from fort lau to miami and from fort lau to siesta key please (if you know!)
Claire :)

E. Cosgrove
22-04-2005, 00:26
Fort Lauderdale to Miami is 27 miles and should take you in the region of 30 mins depending on traffic.
Fort Lauderdale to Siesta Key is 238 miles and should take you about 3 hours 20 mins.

Clare R
01-05-2009, 15:56
Whatever the 'edit' on 1st May was all about, it has just produced a full stop!!

Pookie
01-05-2009, 16:10
Hi

Miami to the Gulf Coast is a very easy run.

Take I75 out of Miami across Alligator Alley to Rotonda West which takes us 3 hours for a first timer allow 3 1/2 hours, we have done in 2 1/2 hours but this was on a clear run all the way thru' and perhaps hubby not looking at his speedometer.

Alternately take 41 The Tamiami Trail, this is a very scenic route and is about the same timings as you pick up I75 at Naples.
We always use this route; the only downside Route 41 is a single lane in parts across the Glades so you can get stuck behind slow moving vehicles; there are passing points along the way.
Check out the gulf coast villas on this site the coastline from Naples to Sarasota is spectacular and the gulf waters much warmer than the Atlantic coast.

Lynne

ellie
01-05-2009, 17:02
And it was an edit to a post on 20 April 2005![msnoo]

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
01-05-2009, 17:28
I was thinking that too. I could not even remember where I'd posted 4 years ago, let alone go back and edit the posts.

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by ellie
[/quote]

ellie
01-05-2009, 20:13
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by floridadreamvilla.co.uk
I was thinking that too. I could not even remember where I'd posted 4 years ago, let alone go back and edit the posts.

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by ellie
[/quote]
[/quote]

Well, John, if you can find out what he's taking and get it bottled I would like some, please! My memory could do with a boost! [msnwink]:D