PDA

View Full Version : Embassy appointment was today.....still dont know

JamesG
21-04-2005, 00:32
Went to belfast embassy today. In at 9.52 and out for 10.55

Appointment was 9.45, arrived at 9.30 and got in to security check at 9.52. Then headed up to visa section, joined small queue for 15mins and handed my documents over. My name go shouted out about a short time later and i had my interview.
The lady said she is recommending i get a visa but ultimately the decision lies with DHS (Dept Homeland Security), so my application will be forwarded to them and i will hear in 3 weeks if they approve it or not.

J

John Rocke
21-04-2005, 02:18
think positive thoughts J, you'll be fine.

Good luck and let's hope you hear sooner rather than later.

jr

blott
21-04-2005, 03:15
They haven't said no have they? So stop worrying until you know what the answer is!

Good luck and hope it turns out OK for you. :)

JamesG
22-04-2005, 03:21
Thanks folks............

Called Travel Agents today, if i do cancel all i will lose is deposit..........

Ruth
22-04-2005, 10:31
James, I have everything crossed for you. I hope you get positive news before the 3 weeks is up.

marv
23-04-2005, 23:17
Oh James thats awfull for you, i hope you get your Visa, think positve thoughts ime sure it will be ok.

Curly Wurly
30-05-2005, 02:34
i'm sure it will be ok James - fingers crossed

blott
30-05-2005, 02:41
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Curly Wurly
i'm sure it will be ok James - fingers crossed[/quote]It did go well Curly http://www.orlando-guide.info/forums/topic_20389.asp

Andrena
19-07-2005, 13:35
Will everyone please keep their fingers crossed for Arthur and I, we have our Visa interview on 9th August so praying hard.
It is such a pain to have to go to London, especially as we have Consulate here in Edinburgh. However we have decided to make it a short break and will be spending three days in London, pity our interview was not earlier, it is at 1.45 so that wastes most of one or our days, still we will make the best of it. It is quite some time since we spent time in London so it will be a nice change.

Andrena

blott
19-07-2005, 14:01
OK Andrena, consider our fingers are crossed for you. I hope you have a great time in London too, I'm sure you will.

Ray&Sarah
19-07-2005, 21:47
Fingers and everything else crossed fo you Andrena & Arthur.[msnsmile]

ptinkmaster
19-07-2005, 23:53
Hi
Just wondering how everything turned out for JamesG. Did they ok his visa and did they come back to him in the 3 weeks promised? I am in a similar position. I was told last week that they would be recommending me for a visa and it would have to be ok'd by the Dept of Homeland security but it would take up to 3 months. I have since been told by Ray it could be anything up to a year before they get back to me. Hope it went well for you James and i will keep my fingers crossed for everyone having to go through this nerve wracking process.
Best wishes
Tink

blott
20-07-2005, 02:34
If you click on the link I posted earlier up the thread, you'll find out that it did go well for JamesG.

Andrena
24-08-2005, 19:26
I was surprised that the Belfast agency did not say whether you had got your visa or not. We went to London and at the end of our interview, which was just a very pleasant chat with a very nice man, we were told that we had got our visas and that they would be mailed out to us within 5 days. They actually arrived only two days later. The whole process only took just over two hours even although there were hundreds in the place. We found it very efficient and not at all intimidating. The guy was interested in the fact that we had short term rental home and thanked us for investing in the US tourism market. Thought that was nice of him. He was surprised that we still had it after eleven years. Even asked if 9/11 had caused us any problems.