PDA

View Full Version : HELP need advice

rhiann
09-03-2003, 00:35
Hi All

I am supposed to be closing on a Townhouse on Emerald Island on the 31st March, but I'm havin a few problems with Park Square Homes. I have recently received some internal photos of the house and noticed that they have changed the floor plan regarding the master bathroom and taken the bath away leaving just the shower. I have been in touch with them and all they say is they can do this as it is in the contract but my argument is that they have not just changed it they have actually taken something away. Saving them money but not us. I have been told basically to like it or lump it. And given the opportunity to back out. Also as it does not have its own pool we picked one overlooking the communal pool, but that is not ready yet and they still expect us to close. There is another pool next to the club house but that is a decent walk away. What do you think???? is there any advice you could give me??? Thanks Mandy:(:(

florida4sun
09-03-2003, 02:17
Are you using a realtor, they should be able to resolve these isues for you. I dont know what advice I can offer. It is usuall to have a clause to allow for changes. However this is a pretty big change. They have given you the option to take it or leave. There is nothing more they can do.
As for the pool not being finished. Is there a clause/addendum in your contract stating that this has to be finished for you too close (doubtful).
You really need to take legal advice on this. Prefferably from a real estate attorney. What other changes are there that you cannot see?

quote:Originally posted by rhiann

Hi All

I am supposed to be closing on a Townhouse on Emerald Island on the 31st March, but I'm havin a few problems with Park Square Homes. I have recently received some internal photos of the house and noticed that they have changed the floor plan regarding the master bathroom and taken the bath away leaving just the shower. I have been in touch with them and all they say is they can do this as it is in the contract but my argument is that they have not just changed it they have actually taken something away. Saving them money but not us. I have been told basically to like it or lump it. And given the opportunity to back out. Also as it does not have its own pool we picked one overlooking the communal pool, but that is not ready yet and they still expect us to close. There is another pool next to the club house but that is a decent walk away. What do you think???? is there any advice you could give me??? Thanks Mandy:(:(

blott
09-03-2003, 03:17
Our builders changed the make of the appliances in our home but they wrote to us and told us about it first so I'm sure there's a clause saying the builders can change things. Are you saying there's now an empty space in your bathroom where the bath should have been installed or that the size of the bathroom has also changed?

Our private pool was just a hole in the ground when we closed so I don't think that not having a pool nearby finished will be in your contract, particularly when there's another one on site which you can use.

rhiann
10-03-2003, 01:07
Hi Thanks for the replys

I am using a realtor but he said he doesnt now much about the legal side. I don't now exactly how much he should be doing for me.

The builders e-mailed us in december to say they have changed the cabinet doors, but not about the bathroom, but they are making out that they contacted me about the change RUBBISH :(

No there isnt an empty space, originally there was a bath with the shower over it. They have changed the way the bathroom was set out and moved the door right infront of the patio doors and because its on the top floor its not ideal, hope the blinds work [:I].

Thanks again for your replys Mandy