PDA

View Full Version : Disneyquest

chris
08-03-2003, 23:30
Disneyquest is good fun but do make sure you all feel fit. We all ended up either having panic attacks or getting headaches as the atmosphere is quite intense. Though admittedly we did spend 5 hours there!

markemma
15-04-2003, 14:13
Is it worth the visit, I have 2 children aged 6 and 2, would it be okay for them?
Thanks
Emma

athurstance
15-04-2003, 18:12
My son was 6 last time we went. He loved it. He is a video game addict and just loves DQ. I wouldn't think your 2 year old would enjoy it though as there is nothing for very young children at all.

I would agree with Chris - it is very intense. Also very loud and noisy. We went for the morning and ended up staying all day - we didn't realise how long we'd been there until we left. It is very dark so you tend to lose all sense of time in there.

Teenagers and children 6+ I think would love it. DH and I enjoyed it the once but aren't overly keen to go back. The boys however would spend their entire vacation there.

Amirah
16-04-2003, 21:05
What is DisneyQuest?

athurstance
22-04-2003, 23:53
Disney Quest is like a giant video game arcade. It is at Downtown Disney. There are 5 floors of video games and virtual realty 'rides'. We were there Easter Monday - it was surprisingly empty when we arrived at opening time. Considering everywhere else is so busy it was quite a pleaasant surprise. We rode the virtual realty ride we like - Jungle Cruise, CyberMountain, Pirates, Aladdin then the boys played the Mighty Ducks Pinball. There was no queue at all so they went on over and over. My 8 year old has a real knack of this and beats all comers - much to the embarrassment of the various older teenagers he beats each time and his older brother.
We had lunch at the cafe on the top floor - good pizza. Service, as always is lousy. After lunch we let the boys play the arcade games. I played a few driving games and some pinball. How time flies - we finally left at 3pm by which time my head was spinning. The boys left to cries of 'but we've only just got here' - but 4 hours is enough for me.
It is definitely worth taking a look - it is included in the 10 day ticket and Annual Pass and I believe I read somewhere it is also on the hopper pass now. Kids will love it - adults will probably have enough pretty quickly. We always go once or twice a trip.

One thing I did notice this time was the staff were much friendlier - on every past visit they've been a right miserable bunch so perhaps Disney had finally noticed and got some new ones in.