PDA

View Full Version : Busiest Time

Curly Wurly
19-04-2005, 12:55
What do you think is the busiest time in florida (with special thought to queue rides at the parks)

Had to group the months cos only get 8 choices!! :D

Newhomebuyer
19-04-2005, 13:06
I voted for July and August as the busiest months but apart from July 4th they do not contain the busiest days/weeks. I just think they average out at the busiest.
December/Jan are quiet apart from Christmas and New Year week
March April is quite busy and I nearly chose them but its mainly Easter
Sept and Oct very quiet apart from Labor day
Nov quiet apart from Thanksgiving

Any time is a great time to visit the parks. When they are busy there is an extra buzz and they put on more shows and open seasonal rides etc.
When they are quiet there are fewer queues and its relaxing.
WIN WIN WIN

LiesaAnna
19-04-2005, 14:22
i voted july august its what i would assume, we have only been twice before and both times were in December! and it was very busy at all!

DisneyDreamer
19-04-2005, 15:10
I voted July/August too, not my favourite time to visit...it's just to hot for us. February is my favourite time but best to steer clear of Presidents Day as we found this to be an extremely busy week whilst we were in Naples.

becbecs
19-04-2005, 15:14
I voted March/April, I think in hope as we are bound for Orlando in August. But it sound like we are there for the busy season.

Ann-Marie
19-04-2005, 15:43
Definitely July - will never go at that time again!!

Queues:(:( at least 90 minutes or more for all the top rides and in 90 degrees heat - never again!

Thorogoods
19-04-2005, 15:49
We voted July/August as we also assumed the same as Liesa. We will be going for the first time in July/Aug 05 and we will see for ourselves. We have always visited in October which is not to busy and we have now visited in January which is quiet.[msnsmile]

Curly Wurly
19-04-2005, 16:28
We go end of August/beginning of September - so hopefully get the best of both!![8D]

Aiminghigh
19-04-2005, 16:38
We've been a couple of times in August and found it gets quieter from mid-late Aug. Easter weekend itself is very busy, but once this has passed it can quieten down considerably. It's rarely "quiet" but years ago, we went late Nov/early Dec and queues were the shortest I've seen

chrizzy100
19-04-2005, 17:13
We were there for the first time last July/Aug.....and it was not as busy as I thought it would be....I'm used to thousand of people visiting where I live all summer and we have gridlock...and you can't find anywhere to park or eat.....I found Orlando really well set up for all its visiters......

stabard
19-04-2005, 17:20
We went last year in July - had to really as the only time we had available with the kids and school.WE did find it a bit more hectic than other times we had been but still managed to get loads done. We then went in January and it was bliss. Great weather and a lot less people.

mm69340
19-04-2005, 17:45
I have to say, we went with the WHOLE clan one August and had no trouble with lines. We were there when the park opened and hit the good rides first, fast passed long lines. For lunch we went back to the Villa for a swim and some downtime. AND since the parks were open a little later-headed back everyday around 4 to enjoy the afternoon and more rides.

For those of you that don't know me-this was with 6 children in tow.

wrpac00
19-04-2005, 17:52
Always go in July/August (wifes a teacher) also been a couple of times in October. Like the heat so that is no problem and never noticed it being busy especially compared with October.

We have managed to do IOA (and doing some rides multiple times) in under 5 hours during August, if you get there when the parks open and plan your day you should have no problems what so ever.

huckleberry house
19-04-2005, 18:02
I always go in July/August and its my absolute favourite time, not that there are any bad times to go though.

I love the warmer mornings and evenings in the Summer, great for swimming, and find the heat easy to cope with because of all the air conditioning absolutely everywhere unlike here when the heat can become quite oppressive. There is never too much of a queue given that there are around 6 weeks for people to spread out their holidays and as the parks are open much longer hours it gives you a viable morning or afternoon/evening option rather than having to spend all day there. Given any choice of months July/August would always be my first choice.

Lesley

Mr G
19-04-2005, 18:14
We visit every July and August.We don't find the queues too bad. If you try and plan your days and arrive early you can usually see most of the rides and do them again later in the day.

Disney are very proficient in moving people, it is their job and even when the queues are longer there is usually something else to do.

We actually noticed last Year how quiet it was in August and manged to do everything we wanted.

Going again this July so can't be bad can it.

The parks usually have longer opening times in the "summer" months as well so this also helps.

Basically I think Florida is best in any Month !!!

chrizzy100
19-04-2005, 18:14
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by huckleberry house
I always go in July/August and its my absolute favourite time, not that there are any bad times to go though.

I love the warmer mornings and evenings in the Summer, great for swimming, and find the heat easy to cope with because of all the air conditioning absolutely everywhere unlike here when the heat can become quite oppressive. There is never too much of a queue given that there are around 6 weeks for people to spread out their holidays and as the parks are open much longer hours it gives you a viable morning or afternoon/evening option rather than having to spend all day there. Given any choice of months July/August would always be my first choice.

Lesley
[/quote]

I stopped being a hot weather person after growing out of wearing daisy duke shorts in my mid thirties.....I really can't see myself in normal ones.....I'm heading slow but sure into a Joan Collins look......next stop Golden Girls.......[msnsmile2][msnsmile2]

Cruella DeVilla
19-04-2005, 18:39
It logically has to be July and August really as that is when the schools are off. The week around Xmas can also be very busy but a magical time and a must for us. Any month is a great month to visit, you just got to plan it right[8D] and that is why the forum is a great place to research.

daxon
19-04-2005, 19:10
We've been in July/August for the last 4 years - love it! [msnsmile2]Also been in 'spring' - when it was lovely for getting away from the 'grey days' of the uk, my next ambition is to go at Christmas, mind you ....dont think Ive ever been in November...........or January....hmm theres a thought!!!![msnwink]

fiona
19-04-2005, 20:32
We always go in the summer and Christmas as we still have a daughter at school. She and I just love the summer when you can almost smell the heat, long balmy days and the cool down showers in the afternoon, just like when we lived in Singapore when I was a teenager.

The parks are open longer and you can get there early hit all the big rides, come back to your villa for lunch and a laze by the pool and go back for the early evening and see the parades and fireworks. Perfect day if you ask me. And if you go shopping you really appreciate the air-conditioning both in the car and the shops!

At Christmas there is one manic week where everywhere is heaving but it is a magical time and very special for anyone who celebrates Christmas.

Ruth
20-04-2005, 01:17
It is always July/August and Christmas for us too as these are our longest school holidays. We don't have any problems with queues, as others have said you just need to plan your day:)

carolmc
20-04-2005, 01:29
We always go to Florida in July/August and again at Christmas - and not noticed it particularly busy - except Christmas Day at the parks. Long balmy days in the Summer - perfect![msnsmile2]

walden64
20-04-2005, 01:56
Since owning our villa we have always gone in July / August and we love it - the parks are open longer and we can get up early hit the parks and then come back to the villa for a swim/rest of the afternoon before heading off to the parks again of the evening.

We are also going at Christmas this year for the first time and everyone is really looking forward to it.

Florida is great any time of the year
[clap][clap][clap]