PDA

View Full Version : Moving to Orlando very soon.

FLVICK
19-04-2005, 01:32
Hi, my name is Victor Cabrales It's a pleasure to be in this forum with you fine people.

My wife and I are relocating to Florida within the next 4 to 5 months and I have a lot of questions regarding this situation. I would really apppreciate it if you could help us.

I have noticed that getting a job through the internet in the Orlando Area is somewhat difficult. Let me give you a background of what we hope to be doing and maybe you guys will be able to advise us accordingly -

1. My wife and I are 25 years old. No kids. 1 cat.
2. We do not have a specific profession however I am making about
$32,000.00 a year and my wife is making about $30,000.00 a year.
3. Based on the salary requirement we would like to find jobs that
will meet the approxiamte salary that we make.
4. I plan to attend the Valencia Community College as soon as I have
met the requirement of 1 year residence in Fl.
5. We plan to rent an apartment.
6. I would preferrably like to work for Disney World. However I am
open to do anything else that comes along.
7. I am skilled in Data Quality Assurance. (IT/quality assurance).

If you have any more questions please let us know. We would really appreciate ANY advise.

Thank you.

Cabrales Family

chrizzy100
19-04-2005, 01:44
Hi......well you don't need a visa.....so you're one up on most people....[msnsmile2]

It is hard finding a job online....I know we have been looking.....most of the time they'll not look at you until you're in FL.....

Most of the people I know from the US who are now in FL ....just moved and looked for work when they got there......not something I would like to do myself.....

We looked at a place called Man Power for jobs.....they have an office in Orlando.....maybe you could find it and give then a ring....I nolonger have their number.....I'm not sure if they are what you are looking for.......but a call to them would not hurt........

esprit
19-04-2005, 04:15
American I presume so nothing to stop you. Most people on this forum are aliens. much more of a problem. Where are you now!! The salaries in this area arnt exactly high, Disney in particular is know as a poor payer. But Orlando is a very busy area, you will find a niche. For starters look at the Orlando Sentinel online jobs page.