PDA

View Full Version : Rebooking a villa.

Cruella DeVilla
18-04-2005, 06:54
If you stayed in a lovely villa with everything to meet your needs whatever that might be, would you rebook the same villa again next trip or try somewhere else?

chrizzy100
18-04-2005, 07:02
I would book a different one..because our needs are never the same.....we do the same with hotels.....only going back to the same one if we are doing a holiday on the cheap....and need to know it will be not only cheap but clean......

pieman790
18-04-2005, 10:10
If i enjoyed the first one then why change. At least you know what it has to offer, location etc.

E. Cosgrove
18-04-2005, 11:28
I said "other" as we have done both. We stayed at the same villa for 3 years and then just decided on a change of scenery.
The next villa was even better but we preferred the location of the first.

LiesaAnna
18-04-2005, 11:37
we stayed in the same villa, it had everything we could possibly need,had a brill time, the only thing that got me down a bit was the villa owner was soooooo chatty and friendly the first time but it seemed like it was such an effort to "talk" to us the second time, so we decided we wouldnt stay there again!
but having said that we didnt know this site then, but after finding this site we know how friendly these villa owners are!! it was a shame we did feel rather let down by our villa owner, (not a ov member never seen it advertised on here) have booked a villa through a friend of a friend for next time, and know we will be sooo happy and the owners very happy to "talk" to us!!
i think the villa owners friendlieness makes all the difference to me!!

DisneyDreamer
18-04-2005, 12:51
I have put would book another ... only because it's nice to spend time in different areas but for a special occasion, like Christmas for example, if one really stood out I would re-book. As Liesa says, if you find the villa owner to be really helpful and friendly that would be another reason for me to consider re-booking too.[msnsmile]

When I was choosing my villa for my next trip off of this site there were so many I could have chosen...so I figure I will have to keep going back to try them all out!!!![msncool]

stabard
18-04-2005, 13:27
The first time we booked a villa in Florida we were lucky enough to have a fantastic villa with everything we needed. IF we had not gone and bought our own I would certainly have rebooked for a return visit.

Newhomebuyer
18-04-2005, 14:02
Before we had our own villa, we didn't always book the same accomodation because we had different numbers in our group so our requirements differed.
Sometimes we booked a condo for 4 people, sometimes a villa for 9.
We did re -book each place when our numbers matched.
When our son was young we often stayed in Disney.
No hard and fast rule to holidays.
We have only had our villa for 12 months but one American family has already been to stay twice.
I am sure our long term villa owners can confirm that many people often re-book.

becbecs
18-04-2005, 14:21
When we first booked a Villa we thought is was fab and re booked again on our arrival back home, since then though we have purchased our own so will be obviousley staying at ours but I beleive if you enjoy somewhere so much then why not go back to the same place. [clap]

Sally D
18-04-2005, 16:04
We have done both. The first time we went we were searching for a villa and one of my neighbours mentioned that she knew someone with a villa. After looking at their website and deciding it was perfect we booked. The owners could not have been more helpful and as we only lived about an hour away they invited us around to look through more photos and help us with anything. Nothing was too much trouble and we spent hours chatting on the phone. The villa was great and booked again for the second time.

Oh dear, what a difference[msnsad]. We paid our deposit and then heard nothing. Could never get hold of anyone and when eventually I did get a reply I was told that she didn't live there anymore. Turned out that I was talking to the husband (or soon to be ex-husband). He gave us her number eventually but she always took so long to reply and never acknowledged any money we sent. After many sleepness nights it all turned out OK and off we went.

The owner seemed to have lost interest in her villa and it showed when we got there too. Although still nice it was looking a little tired and in the 18 months between visits nothing had been updated or replaced. Towels were looking drab, remote controls all broken, coffee machine full of mould, grubby looking frying pans etc. We said we would never go back to that villa and have also said that we would try somewhere different each time.

Have now found this site and booked up a lovely villa for October.

Thorogoods
18-04-2005, 16:27
We have done both, always good to go back to somewhere you know, you get to explore more. But is always good to try and base yourself elsewhere.[8D]

luckylady
18-04-2005, 16:38
We have done both.
Mainly we have chosen a different one

There new Communities springing up all the time.
With upgrades, new designs ,its great to see what's on offer.
Barbara

chrizzy100
18-04-2005, 17:43
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Newhomebuyer
Before we had our own villa, we didn't always book the same accomodation because we had different numbers in our group so our requirements differed.
Sometimes we booked a condo for 4 people, sometimes a villa for 9.
We did re -book each place when our numbers matched.
When our son was young we often stayed in Disney.
No hard and fast rule to holidays.
We have only had our villa for 12 months but one American family has already been to stay twice.
I am sure our long term villa owners can confirm that many people often re-book.
[/quote]

My American friends are planning to go back to the same villa every year now......and they passed the details on to friends and family.....before that they had used the same villa for a long time.....but problem came up their last visit which made them look elsewhere.....a new owner I think......

weemac
18-04-2005, 18:10
We re-booked the first villa that we stayed in for our first visit to Florida but the third year that we went back we decided to try another as there were less of us travelling that time. There are just so many to pick from on this website that it can take ages to pick the one but i really enjoy doing that!![msnsmile]

domster
23-04-2005, 22:23
Book the same one.

DOM

Lyn
24-04-2005, 00:03
We are staying in the same villa this year that we stayed in last year, a lovely villa on Hamilton Reserve, love this area love the management company really helpful.

orlandodaze
24-04-2005, 00:33
We stayed in a beautiful villa last year in Glenbrook. We would have loved to have rebooked it this year unfortunately it was not available for the period we required this year or we would have rebooked it at the end of last years holiday. Apart from the fact that the villa was superbly furnished/equipped and every single detail was looked after the owners were quite amazing. They called us several times before we travelled to update us on the villa and called prior to us travelling, they included coins for the tolls with the directions to the villa. When we were there they called us to check if everything was ok, which of course it was.

The previous year we rented a villa privately, and during our stay the AC broke down for 3 days - not a very nice experience in Orlando mid July. The MC were very slow to act and when we reported the incident to the owner she really wasnt interested - not even an apology. I would be very happy to recommend the Glenbrook villa to anyone, not that they need recommendations they are always pretty well booked up, the previous years villa I probably would not recommend because of the careless attitude of the owner and the management company.

IanandSarah
24-04-2005, 21:09
We booked a different one just to get a feel for what was on offer, and also to get ideas about what or what not to have in our villa.
Ian and Sarah

chrizzy100
24-04-2005, 23:56
I know our Christina has stayed in the same Orlando villa for 10 years.....if not there they stay in the same hotel......

Jules
26-04-2005, 00:43
When we started to rent villas instead of staying in a hotel we booked them through a travel agent so never really knew where we would end up. We had 1 beautiful villa, 1 OK villa that needed a bit of TLC and 1 that we would not stay in again as it really needed a good clean and lots of repairs.

Then we booked direct with the villa owner (relative of a work mate) and stayed there 4 years on the run. It wasn't as well equiped as the best of the tour operator homes but it cost a lot less, was clean and we knew exactly what we were getting for our money. It also helped that we could call the owners with any questions we might have and they were always happy to talk.

Then we bought our own home and now we are quite happy to stay there each time we visit Florida

:D

Magical Dreams
02-05-2005, 13:59
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by stabard
The first time we booked a villa in Florida we were lucky enough to have a fantastic villa with everything we needed. IF we had not gone and bought our own I would certainly have rebooked for a return visit.
[/quote]

We feel exactly the same!

Don't fix was isn't broken!