PDA

View Full Version : beachfront villa, help please?!

Karfy
17-04-2005, 16:34
hi everyone

im new to the forum and we are planning our 1st florida trip for next christmas, v exciting!! we are flying to miami & staying there for 5 nights then on up to disney and staying there over christmas time. we really want a relaxing time after the theme parks in orlando and thought we would rent a villa on the Gulf coast, possibly naples. we havent a clue about florida or the naples area...just hoping u guys could give us some ideas or tips for where would be best?

its gonna be me my big sis and my parents so a family of 4. i will start to look at villas but first am still not sure which area would be best suited for us. my mum really wants to stay in a villa on the beach. are there any other areas which you would recommend which would have villas on the beach? I'm just really not sure which area would be good to stay at.

thanks very much for any advice or help, we're just not sure where to start or where to look!! Karfy xxx

p.s i posted this in the florida villas forum coz didnt see this so have posted it here too, sorry. I've just looked up 'naples beachfront villa' on the net and cant seem to find much or searched for beachfront villa on the villa sites and nothing came up :(

andrewmckay5
17-04-2005, 17:19
Karfy,
I am sure wherever you go on the Gulf you will have a relaxing time. Most of the villas are 10 to 15 minutes drive from tne beach but much more reasonably priced than the beachfront properties, especially at xmas/new year. We were over for last xmas/new year and will be there again this year; I know Fort Myers had a spectacular fireworks display for New Years Eve.
I have a word document on the Port Charlotte area that i can email you if you DM your email address to me.
andrew

Ruth
17-04-2005, 18:17
I love the Gulf coast but have never stayed in a beachfront villa as they are usually very expensive. Like Andrew we like the Cape Haze/Englewood/Rotunda area and find the beaches there fabulous. As Andrew says, you can rent a villa with nice view within a short drive of the beaches for much less than a beachfront villa and this maybe worth considering. Why not have a look at some of the Gulf coast villas on this site and see if you like any of them:)

Katys Grandad
17-04-2005, 19:01
Karfy

I have replied on the other thread.

becbecs
18-04-2005, 14:18
Hi Karfy

Naples is an excellent choice, also I can recommed Longboat Key at Sarasota, some fabulous beaches in this area. If you want relaxation the Gulf coast can certainly offer you that.

foxfirelane
19-04-2005, 00:17
Naples truly is special at christmas and new year. You shouldn't miss the amazing fireworks display on Naples Pier at midnight on New Years Eve. They actually have real snow on 3rd Street!!!! Also, there is a great art festival on New Years Day on 5th Avenue.

Beachfront property in Naples will be very expensive, starting at $5000/week for a small condo. 10 minutes inland should get you something much more reasonably priced. However move quickly as our house in Naples is already booked out for December.

Don't mean to be rude, but I wonder what you will be doing in Miami for 5 nights? There is loads more fun over on the Gulf Coast and in Orlando, especially if you have children in your party.