PDA

View Full Version : renting a villa on the beach, help please?!

Karfy
17-04-2005, 16:18
hi everyone :)

im new to the forum and we are planning our 1st florida trip for next christmas, v exciting!! we are flying to miami & staying there for 5 nights then on up to disney and staying there over christmas time. we really want a relaxing time after the theme parks in orlando and thought we would rent a villa on the Gulf coast, possibly naples. we havent a clue about florida or the naples area...just hoping u guys could give us some ideas or tips for where would be best?

its gonna be me my big sis and my parents so a family of 4. i will start to look at villas but first am still not sure which area would be best suited for us. my mum really wants to stay in a villa on the beach, are there 3 bedroomed villas on the beach in naples or around naples? are there any other areas which you would recommend with villas on the beach? we definitely want our own pool in the villa.

thanks very much for any advice or help, we're just not sure where to start or where to look!! Karfy xxx

daxon
17-04-2005, 16:33
Hi Karfy
Villa owners are not allowed to reply directly suggesting their own villas on the forum but the best thing to do is put an enquiry into all three of the sites listed in the links above. Be as specific as you can about what you would like & Im sure somebody will have something ideal for you[clap]

Karfy
17-04-2005, 16:40
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by daxon
Hi Karfy
Villa owners are not allowed to reply directly suggesting their own villas on the forum but the best thing to do is put an enquiry into all three of the sites listed in the links above. Be as specific as you can about what you would like & Im sure somebody will have something ideal for you[clap]
[/quote]

hey daxon, ok i will try and search. is it just villa owners that look at this site then? are villa owners or just other people allowed to suggest areas which would be good for a beachfront villa? i have searched on the villa sites and nothing came up for beachfront... maybe im doing it wrong :( i guess i just wanted to ask for good suggestions for areas of the gulf coast that would be nice to stay at that on the beach, not for details of specific villas. first i want to find out the best area for us then i can look for a villa but at the mo im not sure where to start/which area :)

Robert5988
17-04-2005, 16:50
3 bedroomed Villas directly on the beach with a pool are very expensive at any time and especially at Christmas. You can get them in Sanibel/Captiva but I suspect the cost will be prohibitive - Several thousand dollars a week?

Condos/Motels are more readily available - but again expensive at Xmas.

Also Florida can be quite cool at that time of year. Not like UK of course, it should get a max of low 70's F but temperatures in the 60's F are not uncommon.

Ruth
17-04-2005, 18:20
I have replied to you on the other thread:)

Katys Grandad
17-04-2005, 18:59
Gulf Coast beach homes will cost a fortune any time of year. It comes down to a choice between accomodation and location. If you must be on the beach then a condo is going to be the best option unless you are holidaying with Bill Gates and his family.

If it is definitely a home with a pool then you should find a good affordable one without too much trouble from this site but they will be a short drive from the beach. Your call really.

Although it is an extreme example, I rent a condo beachfront on Sanibel from an owner in New York. The agent he uses also has some pool homes for rent. Just out of interest I checked out the prices. You could have a 4 bedroom beachfront on Captiva with pool for 2 weeks in January for $36,000. Needless to say I won't be staying there - ever!

chrizzy100
17-04-2005, 19:51
I would look at the home more than if its on the beach....which will cost you an arm and a leg.......I don't think there are that many Gulf homes here....so look at all of them........ask the owner about parking at the beaches.....costs per day....how far away the beaches are.....what the weather is like that time of year.....places of interest......I'm sure they'll give you tons of help.......[msnsmile2]

I just had a quick look.....some beauiful homes......good prices...on the waterways..lakes......and not far from the beaches......

Karfy
17-04-2005, 21:20
thanks for thr replies!!

after what u guys have said which sounds like good advice i think u are all right! unless we had a bucket of cash to burn then i think a beachfront villa is out...im gonna look for 3 bedroomed villas with a pool near to the beach or a lake rather than on the beach :)

any other suggestions for good areas? i will take a peek at sanibel/captiva out of interest!