PDA

View Full Version : hotel near busch gardens

Curly Wurly
15-04-2005, 18:23
Can someone recommend a good cheapish hotel for an overnight stay near Busch Gardens? or are they all much about much the same?

Would need to sleep 5 of us (2 adults, 3 kids ages 16,15 & 12)

E. Cosgrove
15-04-2005, 19:50
I'm sure there used to be a Holiday Inn close by, but this is going back some years now and it may have been taken over by one of the other chains by now. Why not check their website?

E. Cosgrove
15-04-2005, 19:58
Just had a quick peek and the holiday Inn is still there and describes itself as recently renovated. 5 mins from BG.
A family room starts at $88 per night in mid July.

bellaepovera
16-04-2005, 00:54
We also stayed at the Holiday Inn and it was very nice and I think kids eat free but not sure till what age.

KJH
16-04-2005, 01:49
Our friends stayed there in Jan this year and the rooms were small but fine.

Kaz

phaedra
18-04-2005, 14:53
It's one of the few decent hotels there are near BG.

BG itself is in a poor area, the hotels adjacent to it are Days Inn, Howard Johnson and an Econolodge none of which are better than a 2* motel, we've stayed in the Howard Johnson and the Econolodge and the Howard Johnson is the best of them, never stay at the Econolodge!. There is also a LaQuinta at the rear of BG but this gets mixed reviews.

janwebb
18-04-2005, 15:16
hmm......not much choice then really. Is there any a bit further afield, don't mind a short drive after a day at the park!

Jo
18-04-2005, 20:23
We stayed at the Mainsail suites near to Tampa airport. I am sue BG can't have been far away.

Our 'room' was actually a 2 bedroom suite with 4 double beds. Not as cheap , but definitely nice - we paid about £90, but may be better option for 5 of you . We had a rollaway bed for our 5th.

Also had full kitchen facilities and two bathrooms , so you could do your own breakfast etc quite easily.