PDA

View Full Version : park tickets

jaff
15-04-2005, 03:21
i wana buy a 5 day disney....whats the best yin? 5 day 14 day expire??? cos am only gona be there for 14 days....[msnscared]

armagedon
15-04-2005, 03:36
It all depends on you, if you are going to use all the 5 days then yes get a 14 day expire ticket, if you only want 4 and will go to florida again then get a 7 day never expire and keep the 3 days till you go again. I always just get a 7 day never expire, use the days I want and use the rest when I go over the following year or whenever.

mark

Snapper
15-04-2005, 03:57
If you click the link at the top of the page for Park Tickets, Disney are currently doing an extra day free on their 4 day tickets. You order the 4 day ticket and a 5 day one arrives through the post. If you are looking for 5 days at Disney it could be just the ticket, so to speak!!

E. Cosgrove
15-04-2005, 13:40
I think if you are planning to go to Florida again, however far in the future, then get a none expiry. There is so much to do you may find you don't get chance to use all your days and even if you don't go again for 10 years the tickets will still be good, and at todays prices;)

davy woods
15-04-2005, 17:04
Liz is right what she has said, i think you may find that you wont have time to use the 5 day if your planning on going to other parks like universal and seaworld, and lets face it with a place like Orlando once you have been once your bound to go back again, get the non-expiry one and play safe even if you dont use it depending on how many you get you could always auction them off on a well know internet site, have good time whatever you decide, Dave.

Snapper
15-04-2005, 18:52
I think the hand-print scanners will prevent unsed days on multi-day tickets being auctioned.

florida4sun
15-04-2005, 19:06
You cannot do this anymore as the tickets require a biometric scan on entry to the parks.

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by davy woods
Liz is right what she has said, i think you may find that you wont have time to use the 5 day if your planning on going to other parks like universal and seaworld, and lets face it with a place like Orlando once you have been once your bound to go back again, get the non-expiry one and play safe even if you dont use it depending on how many you get you could always auction them off on a well know internet site, have good time whatever you decide, Dave.
[/quote]

brazie
15-04-2005, 19:24
Martin,

Do you know how does the scan work?

I have tickets that are 2/3 years old and I don't know which ticket is mine and which one is my husband's?

florida4sun
15-04-2005, 19:37
It only effects tickets bought in Jan 2005 onwards. Althou I think nexst time you use them they will scan you for the first time.

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by brazie
Martin,

I have tickets that are 2/3 years old and I don't know which ticket is mine and which one is my husband's?
[/quote]

E. Cosgrove
15-04-2005, 19:47
Gail, I took some old tickets into guest relations to check there was still a water park option on them, they confirmed there was and I asked did it apply to anyone in particular ( I knew they could belong to one of 4 people) and they said no it was not named so effectively anyone could use it.<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by brazie
Martin,

[/quote]

Magical Dreams
15-04-2005, 21:25
If you don't fancy paying for the no expiry, get the 7 day pass, its only a couple of quid more expensive than the 5 day pass!

Well worth it!
You never know when you may wanna go the extra time!

See link above!
[msnwink][msnwink]

AngelaB
22-04-2005, 16:47
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by florida4sun
You cannot do this anymore as the tickets require a biometric scan on entry to the parks.

[/quote]
[/quote]

Sorry to be thick .....but....what do you mean!!Biometric scan[msnembarrased]

florida4sun
22-04-2005, 17:09
You have to insert two of your fingers into a scanner, this makes the ticket unique to you.

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by AngelaB
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by florida4sun

[/quote]
[/quote]

Sorry to be thick .....but....what do you mean!!Biometric scan[msnembarrased]
[/quote]

Snapper
22-04-2005, 17:11
It's a scanner that takes a scan of your palm print. Disney introduced them last year I think for the annual passes and longer multi-day tickets and have now rolled them out to all multi-day tickets.

What happens is that when you first use your ticket you put your hand onto a scanner thing and it scans your palm-print. It doesn't store the whole print itself but instead converts it into what's called biometric details, literally a set of measurements about you. Next time you use the ticket you have to scan your palm again until the Disney compters are happy that it's the same palm-print using the same ticket. So it prevents lots of different people using the same multi-day ticket, or selling tickets that still have one or two days left on them.

trevlad
23-04-2005, 04:58
when the scanners are working!

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
23-04-2005, 14:02
Are you sure it's a palm print as I've only ever been asked to insert my first two fingers?

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Snapper
It's a scanner that takes a scan of your palm print. Disney introduced them last year I think for the annual passes and longer multi-day tickets and have now rolled them out to all multi-day tickets.

What happens is that when you first use your ticket you put your hand onto a scanner thing and it scans your palm-print. It doesn't store the whole print itself but instead converts it into what's called biometric details, literally a set of measurements about you. Next time you use the ticket you have to scan your palm again until the Disney compters are happy that it's the same palm-print using the same ticket. So it prevents lots of different people using the same multi-day ticket, or selling tickets that still have one or two days left on them.
[/quote]

florida4sun
23-04-2005, 14:07
Its definitely the bone denisty between your two fingers, your palm doesnt go into the machine. If nothing is happening they will ask you to squeeze your two fingers together.

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by floridadreamvilla.co.uk
Are you sure it's a palm print as I've only ever been asked to insert my first two fingers?

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Snapper

[/quote]
[/quote]

andrewmckay5
23-04-2005, 14:57
We have some of the "old" 7 Day Hopper tickets that haven't been used for even one day yet. Does anyone know if they will be "assigned" to one individual with the scan on their first use even though they are the old style?
andrew

florida4sun
23-04-2005, 15:06
They can do, but I have no confirmation that they are doing so.

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by andrewmckay5
We have some of the "old" 7 Day Hopper tickets that haven't been used for even one day yet. Does anyone know if they will be "assigned" to one individual with the scan on their first use even though they are the old style?
andrew
[/quote]