PDA

View Full Version : Changing names on tickets

Epic
14-04-2005, 19:51
Hi,
Does anyone know if you can change a name on a virgin flight ticket.im getting conflicting stories from people so i dont know how virgin work.i thought all airlines would for a fee(i know a lot do but not sure of virgin)

Thanks

florida4sun
14-04-2005, 19:54
It depends on if you have a transferable ticket or not. Call virgin ans they will let you know. Most discount economy tickets are non transferable.

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Epic
Hi,
Does anyone know if you can change a name on a virgin flight ticket.im getting conflicting stories from people so i dont know how virgin work.i thought all airlines would for a fee(i know a lot do but not sure of virgin)

Thanks
[/quote]

Magical Dreams
14-04-2005, 19:57
Agree with Florida4sun, totally depends on the tickets.

stabard
14-04-2005, 20:42
Not all airlines will. AS already stated many tickets state they are non transferable. A call to virgin is in order.

Epic
15-04-2005, 02:22
Thanks all

wrpac00
15-04-2005, 03:24
We flew with Virgin in 2001 and wanted to change the name on a ticket as one of my sons friends changed his mind and he asked another friend.

Virgin said they could not do it and in fact I would lose the ticket altogether. I had to get VERY VERY stroppy and in the end they agreed to do it. This was 8 months before we were due to fly.

armagedon
15-04-2005, 03:44
We bought some tickets with virgin last june for travel in jan 05, in november because one of my nepthews got grounded he wasnt allowed to go so we took his older brother, we just went to the travel agent and they called virgin (took ages on the phone they moved the virgin call centre to india) changed the details, think it cost £25 to change the details, but the best part the ticket details we changed were for a 9 year old child, the one we changed it too was for a 14 year old. The travel agent said we would have too pay the difference in child to adult ticket price but virgin didnt want any more money so we were more than happy.

mark

Epic
15-04-2005, 19:36
ill do some looking in to this thanks

Matt
21-04-2005, 02:08
Emma,

If you have booked your vacation through an agent that is using Virgin flights (such as Virgin Holidays), then depending on how far in advance you are travelling they will change it for a fee.

If you have booked flights only via Virgin Atlantic then unless you have a fully flexible ticket no such changes are allowed.

Hope that helps.

Matt