PDA

View Full Version : Which month is the best?

pbensur
06-03-2003, 06:45
We have visited Orlando in February (many times!), April and in July. I have found February to be a good time to visit the parks because you usually don't run into big crowds, however, the weather is a bit cool. July was way too hot and uncomfortable!! I'd be interested to know what other frequent Orlando visitors think as to which month is the best!

dbrook
06-03-2003, 11:03
We like October and the weather has always been perfect for us (mid 80s) with very little rain.

This year we went in February and did enjoy it being a bit cooler whilst still mid 70's, though I guess it can be a lot cooler in Feb and we were probably very lucky.

honeybee
06-03-2003, 11:36
Normally May you cannot fail. Th4e weather is great, humidity is not bad. Last year was an unusual exception.

We have been feb, may, june, july, november and december and the weather has varied so much. November we had 92 deg. Xmas this year one day hit 84 deg whereby two years ago it was freezing!.

Anyone I know including us have found may the best. The American children break up from school in June.

honeybee

esprit
06-03-2003, 12:26
I would agree with Honeybee. The end of April and the first two weeks or so of May. The weather is really good then. And it is quiet. It hots up a bit at the end of May with the UK Spring Bank holiday.

athurstance
06-03-2003, 13:31
I like October. We used to go then and it is a great balance of weather and crowds. That's when I would go if I had the choice.
We've also been February and as you say it can be quite cool but the crowds are very low if you avoid the week with President's day.
The week after New Year we practically had the parks to ourselves and the water parks were empty but boy was it cold.

Angela

fiona
06-03-2003, 15:46
Well as our children are still at school we are stuck with the school holidays so we have only been October, mid Dec/ Jan, Feb and of course July and August.

The summer I prefer to just chill out by the pool and do as little as possible:D, October and February were just lovely, warm during the day but you can get out and about without getting too hot, December can be iffy. But what the heck, it's still much nicer than it is at home.

I'm not fussy - I'll go anytime!:):)

Matt
06-03-2003, 23:05
October for me everytime. I have been in May, June, September and October, and I found Oct to be most pleasurable and not to crowded in the parks either.

July and August I wouldn't even dream of going!! Way too hot and humid.

Go on, do it, October.....

Matt

jordylass
07-03-2003, 11:43
I'd agree with October, we usually go March or April, over the Easter holidays, the weather is good, but much more crowded than October, when the weather is perfect and no lines.

mikewj
08-03-2003, 02:56
We've been in June, October, November and December and the weather has varied every time.

June isn't too hot but you take a chance with the rain. In 2002, we spent 90% of the time keeping out of the rain, although it was very warm rain, whereas the year before was very dry. What makes June the winner (in our opinion) is that all of the parks are open longer than during any other month !

Also, early June is still fairly quiet as the kids haven't broken up yet.

October had the most stable weather, mid to high 80's and generally dry, although its always a bit disappointing that the parks don't stay open as late. But then the lines are a lot shorter which makes up for it.

November is changeable. Again the lines are short, but you dont really want to go on the wet rides (which we love) as you don't dry as quickly and the water is colder and you can tell the tourists from the locals as we all wear shorts and t-shirts while they're in jumpers and jeans !

December is like November, but you get the magic of all the Christmas festivities, we especially like Disney at Christmas.....all that fake snow !!

A bit of a ramble, but hope it helps....

steph_goodrum
08-03-2003, 11:33
The American school children are on holiday from early June which is probably why the parks are open longer. Is it as late as between Christmas and New Year when they are open till 11-12 pm?
We like October as well and this is when we are going this year.

Kissyme
08-03-2003, 11:55
I have to be a sheep and go with Sept\Oct alwaays found the weather good and the crowds low in fact on Back to the future (Fab ride) We were getting off running round and gettting straight back on. Also people working in the parks hava alot more time for you especialy the kids[8)]

mikewj
10-03-2003, 02:18
Magic Kingdom is open until 11pm in June (a few years ago it was midnight) immediately before the final firework display, It's a bit tiring when you consider the trek out of the park and the queue for the monorail/ferry and tram afterwards.

The others stay open until around 10pm.

I'm not sure how far in advance they publish them, but all of the parks publish their opening hours on their respective websites.

:)

TandMe
11-03-2003, 07:17
Our favorite times are late April/early May for the spring time and mid to late October/first of November. It's usually in the 80s and absolutely wonderful!

tinkerbell
13-03-2003, 19:12
I am a late October/early November fan! The parks are always dead, no qeues, always sales on in the shops, and usually bang on with the weather!

If you are tied to Summer hol's then last 2 weeks in AUgust are great as US kids have gone back, I love the heat and humidity this time f year too, but afraid the prices for flights are still a bit steep!

February was awful, felt cold and miserable most of the time!

caroline
13-03-2003, 19:29
Have to agree with Tink - we love late October, also like April, although the parks are busier.

steph_goodrum
13-03-2003, 23:11
The hottest time may be July and august but that also increases the likelihood of rain and thunderstorms during the day. The first time we went in August the first 3 days we had absolutely torrential rain and didn't go to any of the parks, and when the sun did come out it made it too uncomfortable for our daughter excema, we went round all the parks dousing shirts in water all the time as it was so hot. Even my husband was scared at one particular thunderstorm as we were about to leave Universal, it was really terrifying and they wouldn't let any cars leave the car park because there was so much lightning around. We figured the car park was the safest place. We have been twice in Oct and found that it is plenty hot enough for us but we haven't had any rain at all, of course no doubt this will change this year when we go at that time.

fiona
14-03-2003, 15:05
We usually go every July or August. Yes there are thunderstorms, and occasionally they are bad ones, in which case you just want to be inside.

However, we find there is a 3.00 shower - which we are usually grateful for as we are boiling hot, and you soon dry off again!

Obviously all the inside rides / shows fill up when the weather gets bad. And when it is boiling hot we'll even go on It's a small world at MK just to cool down. You do have to be sensible and make sure you have plenty of water to drink, and trainers are a good choice of footwear - guess who started off wearing leather sandals which got soaked in the showers!

We get up early and hit the theme parks at opening time, and by 2/3 come back for a swim by the pool and return refreshed for the evening.

athurstance
14-03-2003, 17:08
I think the great thing about Florida is it truly is an all year round holiday location. There is so much to do whether it is blazing hot or cooler (let's be honest its never really cold in Florida). If it rains a bit then there is plenty of indoor stuff to do and the great thing is by the time you've done it the chances are the rain has stopped and the sun is out again.
I've not been in August although we are probably going in August 2004 so I'll find out for myself. I would guess the rain can be a nice relief when it is very hot and warm rain is really good fun. Same with the thunderstorms really - although I don't really like them they do bring huge relief when it is very hot and humid. We had a terrific thunderstorm in France one year - good excuse to do some shopping inside for an hour or two!

Angela

roger
14-03-2003, 17:39
One of my favorite times is when there is a really good thunderstorm in the evening, and sitting under the covered area by the pool watching it with a nice cold beer!

fiona
14-03-2003, 18:01
Chris does that - puffing on a cigar of course! But they are very pretty to watch.

honeybee
15-03-2003, 12:57
Hi we have been many times in July and maybe seen a couple of thunderstorms that were spectacular and just glorious sunshine. I think it is everyone to there own. SOme poeple like february because it is cooler and beautiful clear blue skys, (sometimes not!)

We went in November before and it was 90 deg Xmas just gone one day it it 84 deg but was cloudy all day. It is like the UK weather the Nov- March can be unpredicatable. But then that is is the fun of it all. People don't go to florida for the weather they go for the theme parks, golfing, etc etc. The weather is just the added bonus.

honeybee

Biggus
17-03-2003, 16:25
Hot is not ALWAYS the best - walking around a park when it's roasting hot can spoil the day - trust me the last time I went to BG it was steaming and in the end all we wanted was to be cooled down (Congo Rapids, Stanley Falls and Tidal Wave did that quite well) but the lines were huge!!
Personally I prefer either this time of year (we going on Sat am - yippeeee!!) or late Sept/early Oct, hot enough without being overpowering!!

Florida Dreams
17-03-2003, 19:32
All depends on what kind of a holiday your after. August time is great if you want to sit by the pool relax and get a great tan or go shopping.
The cooler months are great to visit the theme parks because the queues are shorter.

Florida truely is a great place to visit anytime in the year. Theres always something to do.

Personally i like the hot months. England gets so dull and cold. Its great to relax around your own private pool and go out on a night wearing shorts and t-shirts.

roger
18-03-2003, 17:36
Personally I like October best (have been most months of the year) but the villas are always booked up in October, so we end up going whenever we can fit it in! Everyones preference is different - there isn't a 'best time to go' that everyone would agree with!

roger
18-03-2003, 19:10
When I went in August, I found the heat too much an had headaches - no good when standing in queues, but as you say - great for tanning (or burning in my case)

roger
18-03-2003, 19:16
It's not always really hot - you've obviously not been over Christmas - this year it was frosty at times and even felt cold to us! Having said that, the decorations and Christmas festivities more than made up for it.

roger
18-03-2003, 19:25
Cherryboy - have you lost your marbles? You seem to be talking to yourself now - you have another username 'mike thomsen' that you are talking to youself with [:p]

bellaepovera
19-03-2003, 00:25
Ohh thats funny!!