PDA

View Full Version : Briargrove

DisneyDreamer
14-04-2005, 13:49
Hi, any info on the Briargrove area much appreciated, we have a villa booked there next year and its not an area that I have heard much about.:D

pubmaster2k
14-04-2005, 14:39
Hello,
Our villa is just up the road from Briargrove on the CR54 (Ronald Regan Parkway), you will be 10 mins from Disney, 10 mins from highway 192, 5 mins from US27 and 3 mins from I4, we love it down there, far from the madding crowd but still close enough to everything.There is even a gas station close by that sells beer ,take away food,news papers and all sorts. Not forgetting Champions Gate shopping plaza with a Publix and Walgreens.Italian, Chinese, and French Restaurants which will all deliver to your villa only 5 mins away.
Have a great time.

Cruella DeVilla
14-04-2005, 19:27
Briargrove is directly opposite us at Windwood Bay and it is a well established community, mainly residential. Lots of great facilities in the area as Errol says it is a great location on the CR54. A couple of miles further down is the real Florida away from the tourist trail.

DisneyDreamer
14-04-2005, 19:48
Thank you, it sounds perfect, unfortunately we are not going until Xmas '06....[msnsad]

Cruella DeVilla
14-04-2005, 19:52
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by DisneyDreamer
Thank you, it sounds perfect, unfortunately we are not going until Xmas '06....[msnsad]
[/quote]

That will be a fantastic time as all the houses will be decorated and they go way over the top! One of the houses still has lights on it now![xmas2]

brizzle
14-04-2005, 20:00
We're staying in Briargrove this year, we stayed in Sunridge Woods last year which is right next to it and liked the location.

Champions Gate is very convenient and has Publix, Video/DVD rental, McDonalds, hair/nail salon, pizzeria, Walgreens and some other shops which escape me now.
As people have said it is easy to get anywhere either up the I4 or, my preferred route, up the CR545 (I think, you turn at the previously mentioned garage which was/is a Chevron) which links to the 192 West.

We drove in to look at one of the houses in Briargrove last December to see a wonderfully decorated house. Everything, and I mean everything, was adorned with lights.

Brizzle.

DisneyDreamer
14-04-2005, 21:24
oh don't I am getting excited now and my countdown clock is showing 1 years, 8 months, 5 days, 6 hours, 44 minutes, 27 seconds....we only got back from our last trip a few weeks ago so I shouldn't really complain [msnembarrased]

CDV & Brizzle, we have been on the lead up to Xmas before but not done Xmas day and New Years there so I am really looking forward to seeing all the houses in their full Xmas glory!

[xmas1][xmas2][xmas1]

Cruella DeVilla
14-04-2005, 22:11
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by brizzle
We're staying in Briargrove this year, we stayed in Sunridge Woods last year which is right next to it and liked the location.

Champions Gate is very convenient and has Publix, Video/DVD rental, McDonalds, hair/nail salon, pizzeria, Walgreens and some other shops which escape me now.
As people have said it is easy to get anywhere either up the I4 or, my preferred route, up the CR545 (I think, you turn at the previously mentioned garage which was/is a Chevron) which links to the 192 West.

We drove in to look at one of the houses in Briargrove last December to see a wonderfully decorated house. Everything, and I mean everything, was adorned with lights.

Brizzle.
[/quote]

Is it is the CR54 (or Ronald Reagan Parkway) or another route.

AH! Cowboy has just enlightened me:D

Cowboy
14-04-2005, 23:18
CDV, I think Brizzle was referring to the route preferred was along the 545 which is Old Lake Wilson Road to the 192 rather than use the I4 route to the 192.
We prefer this route because it is much quicker and also have a nosey at the current situation at Reunion.
Mike and Kath.

brizzle
15-04-2005, 01:13
That's the one, up the 545 past the RV parks, straight over the 532 (I think), you also pass Windsor Palms and World of Orchids before you get to the 192.

After the first couple of days we used this route almost exclusively because of road works near the Champions Gate exit.

Brizzle.

Carla
15-04-2005, 01:58
You've got it Brizzle. That's definitely the 545 (Old Lake Wilson Road) and you do cross over the 532 (Osceola/Polk county Line Road).

Disney Dreamer, you'll love it at Christmas. Most of the houses along CR54 are decorated with loads of beautiful lights, as are many of the homes on the developments off that road. Take a drive around and you'll see some lovely sites. There are only 8 homes in my cul-de-sac and everyone decorates outside, so it looks wonderful. I love driving around and seeing the homes at Christmas. [msnsmile2][msnsmile2][msnsmile2]

Cruella DeVilla
15-04-2005, 02:56
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Carla
You've got it Brizzle. That's definitely the 545 (Old Lake Wilson Road) and you do cross over the 532 (Osceola/Polk county Line Road).

Disney Dreamer, you'll love it at Christmas. Most of the houses along CR54 are decorated with loads of beautiful lights, as are many of the homes on the developments off that road. Take a drive around and you'll see some lovely sites. There are only 8 homes in my cul-de-sac and everyone decorates outside, so it looks wonderful. I love driving around and seeing the homes at Christmas. [msnsmile2][msnsmile2][msnsmile2]
[/quote]

Our neighbour had a huge and I mean huge inflatable snowman last Xmas, we went for something more tatsteful...sorry that was the snob in me;).

Like Carla we are in the end of the Cul-de-sac and most of the houses decorated one way or another. For me it is a really magical time, Mr CDV hates it but goes along with it all for me[8)]

DisneyDreamer
15-04-2005, 14:47
I shall have to look out for your tasteful dec's CDV....I had my eye on an inflatable Homer Simpson dressed as Santa last year but him indoors was having none of it!!!!![msnscared]

chrizzy100
15-04-2005, 17:41
I must own up to having nodding deer in my garden and red candy canes...[msnembarrased]

Cruella DeVilla
15-04-2005, 17:49
I shall have to look out for your tasteful dec's CDV....I had my eye on an inflatable Homer Simpson dressed as Santa last year but him indoors was having none of it!!!!![msnscared]
[/quote]

Might invite you in for a small sherry;);););)

Carla
15-04-2005, 20:22
It's not Christmas without well lit nodding reindeer!!

These are the reindeer that I had last year. Sorry about the poor quality of the photography, but I'm definitely no David Bailey.[msnsad][msnsad] It did look really lovely in real life, especially as the lights on the grass and bushes were set to "twinkle" mode.

http://www.orlando-guide.info/forums/Data/Carla/200541516170_320christmas5.jpg

http://www.orlando-guide.info/forums/Data/Carla/2005415161853_320christmas3.jpg

And especially for the little ones I arranged for Santa and his Elf, plus Rudolph and Frosty the Snowman (just for luck) to climb a ladder to get to the kiddy bedrooms.[msnsmile2][msnsmile2]

http://www.orlando-guide.info/forums/Data/Carla/2005415161751_320christmas2.jpg

I just love that time of year in Florida. You can go mad with decorations and have a great time and the kids love it.[msnsmile2][msnsmile2]

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by chrizzy100
I must own up to having nodding deer in my garden and red candy canes...[msnembarrased]

[/quote]

DisneyDreamer
15-04-2005, 20:31
Carla I LOVE IT!!!!

I try to be as tasteful as possible all year round but something happens at Christmas and I become overcome with a desire to make my house look like an explosion in a Christmas Light factory!!!!

CDV, sounds like fun....since we're on a Christmas theme maybe it should be mulled wine!
[beer][xmas1]

chrizzy100
15-04-2005, 21:04
That looks so cool Carla......we lost our Christmas thing under 3ft of snow this year....I'm only just taking the last of the stuff down now......Santa was getting a tan.......[msnscared][msnoo][msneek][msnembarrased]

rosie
15-04-2005, 22:35
I can vouch for how good Carla's dec's are, and indeed the whole cul de sac, we drove round there last Christmas, at night, specially to see them [msnsmile2]

Carla
15-04-2005, 22:55
Thanks folks. It was great fun putting them up. Unfortunately we'd come home again before everyone had completed theirs, so we didn't get to see the whole place lit up. Glad to hear that the street display was good Rosie.[msnsmile2][msnsmile2][msnsmile2]

Cruella DeVilla
16-04-2005, 07:21

CDV, sounds like fun....since we're on a Christmas theme maybe it should be mulled wine!
[beer][xmas1]
[/quote]

I was going to say Gluwein living in Germany but it's not everyones cup of tea, I LOVE IT!

DisneyDreamer
16-04-2005, 12:33
Perhaps we should have started a thread for people to show us their Xmas dec's from this year.....Carla's are great and I'm sure other villa owners have made great jobs of their decorating too![xmas1]

CDV, What's Gluwein?[confused][beer]