PDA

View Full Version : BEST FOR KIDS?

Momma Mary
13-04-2005, 19:16
Have a 7 girl and 8 year old boy - which park would be better: Universal Studios or Islands of Adventure?

stabard
13-04-2005, 20:16
We have been told that the rides at IOA are "bigger" than Universal so have not as yet ventured there as our youngest was only 6 last vist. We stuck with Universal and had a great time. However, would be interested to see what those with experience of both have got to say[msnsmile2]

Cruella DeVilla
13-04-2005, 20:18
Probably Universal. I think IOA is geared more towards teens and adults.

DisneyDreamer
13-04-2005, 20:25
When we took our daughters there for the first time they were 4 and 5 ... they absolutely LOVED Universal but really didn't enjoy IOA anywhere near as much. A couple of years later they had a better time but still prefered Universal Studios. So, just from my experience, I would say go for Universal.:)

Magical Dreams
14-04-2005, 20:09
Epcot is great for me! Like all the new ideas ans test track.
Mission space is also kewl

Ruth
14-04-2005, 22:01
I would say Universal as they will be too small for a lot of the IOA rides. IOA is still worth doing though if you have the time as Spiderman and a few of the other rides are fine for younger children:)

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
14-04-2005, 22:59
We're the opposite - our 6 year old LOVES IoA but can take or leave most of Universal. He still cannot go on all the rides at IoA but can go on a good proportion of them and loves it.

E. Cosgrove
14-04-2005, 23:45
Sounds like he's going to be a bit of a daredevil John[msnwink]
A chip off the old block?:D<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by floridadreamvilla.co.uk
We're the opposite - our 6 year old LOVES IoA but can take or leave most of Universal. He still cannot go on all the rides at IoA but can go on a good proportion of them and loves it.
[/quote]

christhear
15-04-2005, 00:16
IOA has quite a few play areas which would be suitable along with all but 3 or 4 rides. The play area near Jurrasic river adventure is vast, and this alsp has water shooters on hot days. there is only one way in and out so you can't really loose them if you hang around the entrance. There is also the discovery centre (I think thats what its called) where there are a lot of things to do re dinosaurs. Popeys boat is a play area and I think there is another one over in Zeus Landing. I have a 7 year old son and the only rides he can't do are hulk and duelling dragons so I'd say give IOA a go, especially if its a hot day as the water rides are fantastic, but you do get VERY wet.

zerotone
15-04-2005, 00:35
Our 9 yr old hates roller coaters so his favourite has to be Universal Studios. He especially likes the wet play area near fievals play area, other favourites are Men in Black, Jaws, ET, Shrek4D and Jimmy Neutron. The only rides he will do in IOA are Spiderman and the rides in Seuss Land.

Jane

Ray&Sarah
15-04-2005, 01:13
We have a split decision in our house, eldest don loves IOA but then he is a roller coaster freak, youngest son prefers Universal Studios as he prefers not to venture onto the larger rides. So I suppose it depends on what your children are in to.[msnsmile2]

Calamity Jane
15-04-2005, 01:16
If you have the time..why not do both, I would probably agree with the majority vote of Universal, it also depends on how adventurous you children are as far as fast rides are and of course there is the hieght restriction.
I have no doubt that wherever you take them they will thouroughly enjoy themselves.:D

benfilo
15-04-2005, 01:32
oue 5 year old love uni and ioa and if you have a flexi pass at least it's easy to walk between the two

Sally D
15-04-2005, 02:03
My girls would pick IOA, but they are older. My 10 year old went on everything when she was 7, lucky for her she is tall. Much braver than Mum[msnscared]

Epic
15-04-2005, 02:27
I would say you have to try them both out for your kids to decide for themselves as although a lot of rides in IOA are geared towards older kids theres plenty to do for the younger generation and vice versa in universal.
Im sure whichever park you choose you'll have a brilliant time(its not possible not to have[msnsmile2])

dodgey memory
15-04-2005, 11:59
Unless they are real dare devils I would say Universal Studios, IOA is more a tean park and geared up for thrill rides.