PDA

View Full Version : The Hobgrove's hit Orlando! Part 8

E. Cosgrove
13-04-2005, 00:30
March 28th
Today was another gloriously sunny day when we arose, contrary to the weather forecast which had promised rain until noon[msneek]
It was for this reason that we had changed our schedule and our planned visit to Blizzard Beach was postponed until tomorrow.
today was also the day that the 'grown ups' had set aside to do jobs and shopping.
The plan was for the 'kids' to go to Epcot and for us to meet them later for a bite to eat and the fireworks.
I woke with the 'lurgy'.[msncry] I was aching all over, especially my shoulders, legs and back, I had a thumping head and a sore throat. It was most peaceful for everyone when they realised I had hardly any voice either![msnwink]
I couldn't let my early morning swim go just cos I was under the weather, and despite the beautiful blue sky there was a nip in the air so that when we removed the pool cover there was steam rising from the pool......lovely![msnsmile2] It was a bit like being in a turkish bath!
Stuart took the kids to Epcot and arranged to meet outside Spaceship earth at 6pm if we had not contacted them before. We cleared breakfast away and after a couple of sudafed tabs and 2 or 3 cups of tea I started to feel a little more human.
Stuart and David were going to do a few DIY bits and pieces whilst Helen and I hit Walmart.
We debated about which way to go in view of the traffic jams on our last trip and decided to go via the 192. The traffic in our direction was not bad at all but was quite heavy on the other side in the direction of Disney, it was moving though, albeit slowly.
It was a good move to go this way as we spotted 'Pinch a Penny' and at short notice with not a lot of signaling we veered off into the car park[msnoo]
We bought a net for the pool, a box to cover the pool controls and a pool thermometer topped with a duck.:D we later named him Derek the Duck as he was not at all Disneyesque so Donald didn't suit him[msnwink]
Off to Walmart where this trip we managed 3 trollies ( I'm learning Blott, I'm learning!:D)Amongst other things we bought bigger and better towels, nicer crockery, a shoe rack for the myriads of shoes which seemed to have congregated around the front door, drawers for the owners cupboard and goodness only knows what else.
Whilst we were there Sophie rang us to say she had arrived home safely....sadly no upgrade this time[msnsad]
We called at Publix for supplies on the way back and picked up some sarnies from Subway [msntongue]
The boys were sunning themselves on the deck when we got back, but were insistent that they had only just finished fitting the safe....a likely story[msnwink]
We had lunch in the sunshine, another swim, and then moved inside to unpack the shopping.
As we still had not heard from the furniture people re our dining chair and our other bits and pieces, Stuart rang them again...result, they would deliver them tomorrow and leave them under the lanai if we were out[msneek]
It was by this time 4pm so we decided to head over to Epcot. We parked in Amaze which was close to the entrance and strolled to the park without the need for the tram.The late afternoon sun was beautiful but there was a stiff breeze and we realised that we were not dressed warmly enough for when the sun went down[msnsad] I was also starting to feel a bit ropey again.
Once inside we headed for Test Track and Mission space, both had 70 min queues and had stopped giving out fastpasses. We could have joined the single rider queue but we weren't overly bothered and wandered off to The Wonders of Life to watch the excellent Cranium Command.
With the sun still shining the others fancied an ice cream, I had little appetite with my aches and sore throat but we sat on a bench and watched the world go by whilst they enjoyed their choices.
The temp was definitely dropping so we headed into 'Mousegear' to find something warm to wear. I managed to find a warm hooded jacket with an indiscreet logo which did not scream 'Disney', so I was set. Helen was not so lucky, she is smaller than me (

stabard
13-04-2005, 00:42
Glad to see you remembered the directions Liz [msnsmile2] Now you know where to come for the Drinkies by the pool when we finally manage to coordinate a get together in Florida - alternativly see you in Polly's for a Cuppa![msnsmile2]

Ray&Sarah
13-04-2005, 01:01
Great report Liz, although sorry to hear you were under the weather. Its great when you are able to see where the communities are in person, helps you to picture where they are against your own villa.[msnsmile2]

Lyn
13-04-2005, 02:17
Great report, know exactly where you went, we stay at Hamilton Reserve, just of the Poincianna.

ravtino
13-04-2005, 02:34
ooo two reports together you did do well, hope we don't have to wait for next weeks day off!!:D:D:D:D:D

E. Cosgrove
13-04-2005, 11:40
I've got another day off on Friday[msnwink]

rosie
13-04-2005, 12:30
That's 2 days away Liz, can't you manage without sleep and get it finished [msnwink]

Brilliant reports, can't wait for the next one [msnsmile2]

caroline
13-04-2005, 13:00
Liz, I don't want these reports to finish, you're going to have to get back out to Florida VERY soon so you can write more for us - there you go the perfect excuse for another holiday[msnwink]

LiesaAnna
13-04-2005, 13:03
once again Liz brilliant!!!!!!!!

sorry you were under the weather! but again thoroughly enjoyed reading so far! dont want the end to come tho!!!!!:(

but theres always the next time!!!:D

Curly Wurly
13-04-2005, 18:20
Great report.

oh no........only 1 more to go

DisneyDreamer
13-04-2005, 21:02
Poor you Liz.....it's awful to be unwell at anytime but especially when you are on holiday....still thoroughly enjoying your trip reports and don't want them to end!!!!:D