PDA

View Full Version : the attraction that dissapeared into thin air...

floridahol
05-03-2003, 02:53
Right, infront of the turnstiles at MGM on the opposite side to where the tram stop is (on a grassy hill), there are 1 or 2 billboards. I think there may only be one at the moment with a 100 years of magic poster on it. However I remember visiting about 3 or 4 years ago and seeing 2 billboards, advertising future attractions. One was for Fantasmic which of course is now open and operational. The other was for something called 'Copperfield's Magic Underground'. It was an intriguing poster, all i remember about it now is those 3 words and the fact it was very black with metallic stars/glitter...

DOES ANYONE REMEMBER THIS??!

the other significant thing about it was that it said at the bottom 'Opening 2003', or something like that. Its usually very difficult to guess from Disneys promotional material what an attraction actually consists of until it becomes common knowledge just prior to the opening date. This poster did not give much away but I think we came to the conclusion at the time that it was either an underground magic show/production, or a resteraunt which incorporated magic as its theme. However Ive never seen or heard anything about it since. What happened to it?! Is it still bieng built? Did disney decide to s**** it and just jumped the gun with the billboard advertising it? Does anyone know?!

I know its a little thing but its bothering me!

Will
www.floridahol.com

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
05-03-2003, 03:33
Off topic a little, but you'll have to excuse our rather un-uintelligent bad word filter there Will :D.

florida4sun
05-03-2003, 04:28
This was to be a dining experience and wa scanned pretty quickly. As with pthert attractions/stores it was a franchise and I believe that the funding never appeared.

quote:Originally posted by floridahol.com

Right, infront of the turnstiles at MGM on the opposite side to where the tram stop is (on a grassy hill), there are 1 or 2 billboards. I think there may only be one at the moment with a 100 years of magic poster on it. However I remember visiting about 3 or 4 years ago and seeing 2 billboards, advertising future attractions. One was for Fantasmic which of course is now open and operational. The other was for something called 'Copperfield's Magic Underground'. It was an intriguing poster, all i remember about it now is those 3 words and the fact it was very black with metallic stars/glitter...

DOES ANYONE REMEMBER THIS??!

the other significant thing about it was that it said at the bottom 'Opening 2003', or something like that. Its usually very difficult to guess from Disneys promotional material what an attraction actually consists of until it becomes common knowledge just prior to the opening date. This poster did not give much away but I think we came to the conclusion at the time that it was either an underground magic show/production, or a resteraunt which incorporated magic as its theme. However Ive never seen or heard anything about it since. What happened to it?! Is it still bieng built? Did disney decide to s**** it and just jumped the gun with the billboard advertising it? Does anyone know?!

I know its a little thing but its bothering me!

Will
www.floridahol.com