PDA

View Full Version : The Hobgrove's hit Orlando! Part 7

E. Cosgrove
12-04-2005, 18:51
Mardch 27th
Today was Sophie's last day. The plan was to get the forward party up and off to Downtown Disney for the 8am check in with Virgin. We were then planning to meet up at IOA.
This was the first morning that there were large patches of blue sky when we awoke, it looked promising[8D]
The customary early morning dip lasted a little longer today, the weather being so lovely we had no desire to leave the pool quickly and we kept out of the way of those who were on the early start, they did very well as they were out of the villa by 7.45am.
The remainder of us then showered and breakfasted ready to leave the villa 50 mins later.
Once again we splurged $4 with our annual passes on priority parking and as we had arrived early were almost able to fall into the park:D
David had problems getting his pass to admit him and in the end the attendant gave up and just let him in any way.
We made straight for the lockers to leave the rain ponchos...we weren't getting caught out again[msnwink]
We used the CC to pay for our locker but it would not work, kept getting a message to say that it had been locked by a previous guest. As directed by the mesage on the locker we went to stroller and wheelchair rental where the woman told us very unhelpfully that she had no idea what to do and that we would have to wait for the supervisor. When we asked her how long we might have to wait she told us she had already been waiting for her for half an hour and for all she knew she might be another 2 hours!!![msnoo]
Not a happy bunny at this I went hot foot to guest relations, where 2 staff members were trying to deal with a customer's complaint about racial discrimination, I waited 10 mins but they did not even acknowledge I was there.
I returned to the party very disgruntled to find we had been joined by the others. At this point the sensible thing would have been to say what the hell and pay $8 for another locker but I had the bit between my teeth and was feeling particulalrly p***y so I suggested that the rest of the others left us whilst David and I stayed to sort it out, it wasn't fair to waste the short time that Sophie had. The others went off although Nat and James elected to stay with us. It was cutting off my nose to spite my face really, the supervisor had still not appeared and about 30 mins had elapsed[msnsad]
This time Davd went to Guest Relations. They had finishe dealing with Mr Angry[msnmad] and in no time at all they had contacted someone to sort out the locker situation[msnsmile]
We headed for 'The Hulk' there were lots of crowds around, Stu rang us on the mobile but we couldn't hear what he was saying it was so noisy! We decided to get express passes for this ride and then head off to spiderman. We bumped into Helen and Stu who had gone to get express passes for Spiderman whilst the kids queued for The Hulk, so we said we would ring them later.
On the way to spiderman we saw that the wait for Dr Doom was only 10 mins and although David initially said he would not go on I managed to persuade him ( he chickened out last time but I have been on twice before)As usual it is the waiting that is the worse, mouth virtually stuck together with the adrenaline. It is a great ride but over much too quickly and not worth queuing very long.
The line for Spiderman was 40 mins so we joined the single rider queue and virtually walked straight on. In the event Nat and James were sat together and David and I were in the same cars but different rows. I had forgotten that this ride was a simulator[sick][sick]
James felt none too good either when he came off, but it is very clever.
From here it was off to Toon Lagoon and Rip Saw falls. The wait time showed 20 mins but in the event it was much longer and probably the longest wait we had all holiday. Part of the problem was they stopped to put more 'logs' in to commission as the ride was so busy. I was soaked before we even started as the water from the ride above sloshed over the edges in the outdoor part of the queue[msncry]
As the line 'dog legged' ro

Curly Wurly
12-04-2005, 19:08
Another great report liz. I can just picture IOA in my head now.....:D can't wait till august.

sorry to hear about nics accident though, hope it didnt spoil the rest of the holiday

caroline
12-04-2005, 19:13
Brilliant again Liz, I must admit I was getting impatient for part 7, PLEASE don't make us wait toooooo long for Part 8[msnwink]

LiesaAnna
12-04-2005, 19:29
well done Liz again brilliant!!!!!!!!
i love hearing the way you tell em (if you get me drift?) hows Nics ankle? take it, nothing broken?
please dont make us wait for to long for the next part! but then i dont want you to hurry as its so good i dont want it to end!!!!!!!![msnwink]
Thanx Liz!

stabard
12-04-2005, 19:37
Terrific Liz [msnsmile2] Must catch up on the bits I have missed[msnwink]

becbecs
12-04-2005, 19:44
Hi Liz

Yet again another fantastic report, keep them coming. [clap][clap][clap][clap][clap]

DisneyDreamer
12-04-2005, 20:42
Ohhh the drama...can't wait for the next one!!!!:D

Sally D
12-04-2005, 21:38
Another great report Liz, ready for part 8 now :D

E. Cosgrove
12-04-2005, 21:42
Wait till after dinner and I'll see what I can do !![msnwink]

ORLANDO_MAGIC
12-04-2005, 22:45
Great report and i was with you on every ride at my favorite park.
Thanks for taking the time to share your experiences with the rest of us.
John.

ravtino
12-04-2005, 23:50
Brill - hope Nic's OK

Sally D
12-04-2005, 23:54
Liz, we need some photos to go with your reports!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ray&Sarah
13-04-2005, 00:52
Another fantastic report Liz, waiting excitedly for the next instalment.:D

E. Cosgrove
13-04-2005, 00:57
Already done!!:D<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Ray&Sarah
[/quote]

Ray&Sarah
13-04-2005, 01:04
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by E. Cosgrove
Already done!!:D<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Ray&Sarah
[/quote]
[/quote]

Just read it too, great job.[msnwink]:D