PDA

View Full Version : CHRISTMAS IN ORLANDO

Susan
04-03-2003, 17:15
Hi - I've visited Florida a few times before (usually Feb/March time) with my teenager daughter. This year we are going 13 - 27 December and taking my 5 year old nephew, staying in a villa at Davenport. Can anyone give me ideas of where to go on Christmas day for lunch? Any help with ideas of places to go, things to do would be much appreciated.:)

Cowboy
04-03-2003, 18:48
Hi Susan,
Try the Rennaisance near Seaworld for Christmas lunch. The guests who rented our villa Xmas last year said it was not to be missed. You will need to book.

Cowboy[:p]

fiona
04-03-2003, 19:04
The Renaissance is very highly thought of and I think we will be going there this year! Another one to consider is the Gaylord Palms which several people I know have highly recommended.

steph_goodrum
04-03-2003, 20:13
We went this year and everyone said don't go to a park on the day as they are too busy so we went to the Concourse steak house in the Contemporary hotel and weren't over impressed at all, there was no real festive atmosphere and we found Universal later in the after noon was much more Christmassy although even that wasn't as good as the Disney parks. As you are taking a 5 year old I personally would go for one of the parks , although they are busy they are open till midnight so you still get good value from your pass. I think it's worth it for the whole experience, I love watching the youngsters faces when they see the characters.

fiona
04-03-2003, 20:39
We have annual season tickets to Universal so we always go there because Disney seems to be packed and shut to anyone after about 10.00am!

Our family tradition in Florida is to go to the cinema - because this is something we never do at home! This year we are planning lunch at either the Renaissance or Gaylord Palms, and then depending on the weather a quick whip into Universal or IoA followed by the cinema, or cinema first and then Universal.

Andy & Arlene
05-03-2003, 00:52
We went to the Renaissance for xmas. It was lovely. Only one thing to bear in mind - wear loose clothing as you will be so stuffed. The food is beautiful.

Arlene

mprince
05-03-2003, 13:46
Bear in mind also that the weather can get really cold over the Christmas period so take lots of warm clothes. Last year was the best weather we had had in 6years but the temperatures can drop to freezing but the following day climb back up to mid 60s.

orlandobabe
07-03-2003, 02:20
We've done the Renaissance on Xmas Day too! Can't fault it.

Didn't have any little ones though! If we did I'm pretty sure I would have wanted a Disney Xmas.

We went to the pictures on Xmas Day. It was great!

Tracy
20-03-2003, 16:59
We are also going out in December - 13th to the 30th. The last time we were in Florida for Christmas was 6 years ago when we got married their. We had our wedding meal on Christmas Eve at Narcoosees, at the Grand Floridian. It was fabulous, really festive, fab food and we could watch the disney fireworks in the background. Christmas Day we went to Planet Hollywood, which was also good fun and the kids loved it !

The only thng we have decided about so far, for this year is - Mickeys Very Merry Christmas Party - it was great 6 years ago and even I can't wait to go again.

Andrea
30-03-2003, 15:34
If you fancy a Disney restaurant but not a Disney park, I have heard that the Wilderness Lodge and the Floridian have the best decorations so perhaps you could eat at one of those.

Shardeblil
01-04-2003, 15:48
Does anyone have a contact number/address or website we can visit for the Renaissance?

How far in advance do you have to book?

Any help would be appreciated[8D]

Shardeblil
01-04-2003, 15:49
What does the Renaissance offer children on Xmas day?

blott
01-04-2003, 17:11
There are no childrens' facilities available at the Renaissance on Christmas Day (apart from the food) as it's just a buffet meal and the clientele is mainly adults.

If you're looking for kids' facilities or food, I would suggest a Disney-type meal on Christmas Day which you can combine with a visit to the parks.

Andy & Arlene
01-04-2003, 18:00
As Blott says, there were no facilities for the kids. My mob wouldn't eat the lovely spread from the buffet, so I ended up ordering burger/pizza and chips for them. So much for their xmas meal. It was just like any other mealtime.

Arlene

Andy & Arlene
01-04-2003, 18:02
Sharedbil

We only booked about 2 days beforehand. No problem.

Arlene

orlandobabe
27-04-2003, 21:09
Renaissance Details

6677 Sea Harbor Drive
Orlando, Florida 32821-8092
United States
Tel: 800-468-3571
Fax: 407-351-9991