PDA

View Full Version : Halloween

Sally D
12-04-2005, 13:33
Is it just the week leading up to halloween that the park shuts early and reopens later.

It will be our 3rd time to Florida in October and so far have not seen any fireworks[msncry]

We plan to this year so won't to avoid the days when it shuts early.

rosie
12-04-2005, 14:19
Sally,

if you check the Disney website about a month or so before you go they will have the opening hours listed.

We have been at all different times of the year and always check the hours to make sure we don't miss the fireworks.

Epcot have their fireworks every night, all year, 9pm, but Magic Kingdom have them at least once a week even during the quiet months, so it's worth checking the site to know which night it's on. MGM also have Fantasmic every night I think, it just changes times to coincide with the park closing, and can be as early as 6pm on quiet nights.

Hope this helps and I'm sure someone will be able to correct me if I'm wrong [msnembarrased]

Sally D
12-04-2005, 14:24
Thanks Rosie. We have not been to Epcot yet, never had enough time but will be going this year.

Is wishes not on every night then?

rosie
12-04-2005, 14:32
To be honest I'm not sure, but hopefully someone will be able to tell you for certain. I always thought that during the quieter months it was only on once or twice a week, but don't quote me on it [msnsmile2]

brizzle
12-04-2005, 15:08
I think Sally means the Mickeys Not So Scary Halloween Party where they close early and re-open at 7pm for the party.
They don't actually close the park Sally but move (gently) all the non-party ticket holders out of the park before 7pm but you are right you would not see Wishes unless you were a prty goer

Last years dates were October 1, 3, 8, 12, 14, 17, 20, 22, 24, 26, 28, 29 and 31 so it looks like a few dates in the whole month leading up to Halloween. As people have said if you check the Disney site nearer the time they will advise firstly when the party nights are and then secondly when Wishes is showing.

I was thinking of going to the party this year but avoiding the actual 31st.
I could then do Celebration instead on Halloween; this way I get two Haloweens and see a proper Halloween in a real community.

Brizzle.

Sally D
12-04-2005, 15:19
I will check near the time, don't want to miss them again.

We are going 13th - 27th October so hopefully will catch them, feel like I've been missing out[msnsad]

Last time we went to MK we had to leave at 6pm, thought that was a bit early, we just picked the wrong day to go. Will get it right this time with everyones help[msnsmile2]

brizzle
12-04-2005, 15:23
Even in the quieter periods I think Friday and/or Saturday (larger attendance?) have Wishes so you could pencil in a date on the Fri/Sat.

...or you could always do the Halloween party, then you get all the extra Halloween stuff (shows, parades, costumes) and Wishes.
It seems a shame not to do it whilst you have the opportunity.

Brizzle.

pieman790
12-04-2005, 15:49
We booked for Mickeys Not So Scary Halloween Party last year about 3 weeks before we went. We had a great time and the rides had virtually no queues. We did splah mountain and Thunder rail moutain 3 times each. The parade is great as all the characters get dressed up not to mention most of the people in the park. We didnt bother and felt the odd ones out. The park opened at 7pm and closed at mid night with the parage at i think 9pm.
If your there for the period leading up to Halloween give it a go.

CERICROWLEY
12-04-2005, 18:16
We went to the Party last October. Dress up is a must unless you want to look out of place. Loads of free treats I came home with nearly a suitcase full, have still got some now. The parade is on twice in the evening. We got recommended to wait for the later parade as some family with small children would have seen the earlier one and then gone home. This also gives you the chance to go on the more popular rides without queueing. We went on Haunted Mansion when the first parade was on and when we came out WOW the queue was huge. The atomosphere was electric in the night, If I have the chance to go again this year, this is definitely a must do. I say well worth the money.

E. Cosgrove
12-04-2005, 20:14
If you are not easily scared and don't have little ones try Universal's horror nights, great fun. I was chased through the "Field of Screams" by a man with no head and a chainsaw[msneek][msneek]

Thorogoods
12-04-2005, 21:06
We went to mickey's not so scary halloween party in oct 2002 the kids loved it, We dress them all up and they did all the ride's and of course trick N treat round the park. We were shattered come midnight but the kids were still going strong even my son who was only 2 1/2 at the time.We booked our tickets the week before at the park but i would think about booking earlier next time as there was only a few dates left with tickets. The tickets themselves were not very expensive and was a great evening had by all.[msnsmile]

Sally D
12-04-2005, 21:24
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by E. Cosgrove
If you are not easily scared and don't have little ones try Universal's horror nights, great fun. I was chased through the "Field of Screams" by a man with no head and a chainsaw[msneek][msneek]
[/quote]

That is probably more like what my girls would like, not much scares them.

We have not planned to go to US or IOA this time, too much to do and not enough time as usual.

Might have to start planning another trip[msnsmile2]

heathercobbett
13-04-2005, 11:51
Inexpensive Halloween dressing up stuff from Walmarts or the dollar shops

E. Cosgrove
13-04-2005, 21:37
We went just for the evening Sally, it was open 6pm until midnight. That way you can spend the day doing other stuff. <blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Sally D
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by E. Cosgrove
[/quote]

That is probably more like what my girls would like, not much scares them.

We have not planned to go to US or IOA this time, too much to do and not enough time as usual.

Might have to start planning another trip[msnsmile2]
[/quote]