PDA

View Full Version : Blizzard Beach or Typhoon Lagoon?

weemac
10-04-2005, 19:55
Hoping to go to our first water park this June and just wondering if anyone can help with the choice between Blizzard Beach and Typhoon Lagoon? We have a 6 year old who can just swim with armbands and older daughter who is quite happy in the water so need somewhere that all the family would be happy with.
Also what are the eating places like in the water parks? Is there plenty shady places to sit out of the sun as the kids are both fair skinned and i dont want them burnt with having to sit in the sun all day?
Do you have to wear shoes/flip-flops around the park or is it ok to have bare feet and can you wear footwear in the water?

Sorry for all the questions but i know someone out there will know the answers!![msnsmile][msnwink]

E. Cosgrove
10-04-2005, 20:24
It's personal choice really. For me it would be Blizzard Lagoon, or would that be Typhoon Beach[msnwink]I love them both.
Personally I think Typhoon Lagoon offers a tad more in the way of shade especially when walking between the rides, although there are plenty of shady spots at Blizzard beach as well.
The floor does get very hot especially Blizzard Beach, although they spray the paths to keep them cool. Flip flops are a good idea for walking around although you may be asked to remove them and hang on to them on the slides. I have seen people walking round in those little rubber shoes which they seem to be able to wear on the slides also.
Whatever you choose have a great time!

TINAPETERS
10-04-2005, 21:30
The food is mainly fast food counters.
You can buy the rubber shoes at the water parks as well as buckets and spades.

nicklangdon
10-04-2005, 22:06
We love typhoon lagoon the best,the kids love the waves.The pool at Blizzard beach has a rough texture to it which i don't like but that park has some great slides.They're both very different so i suppose it depends on what you like to do.You definately need something on you're feet as the floor is like walking on hot coals!

CERICROWLEY
10-04-2005, 22:35
The waves at Typhon Lagoon can still be very strong even at the shallow end. A friend of mine has a camera and right in the shallow end taking pics of daughter and really caught her unawares and tipped her up, nothing damaged though.

We like both typhon lagoon and blizzard beach, although blizzard beach we find a bit quieter noise wise, You get a hooter from the shipwreck and when the waves start, it makes quite sound. we always find a little nook somewhere out the way.

But they are both on the same par ride wise with a area for the small kids to feel safe and parents feel relaxed. While the big kids play

walden64
10-04-2005, 22:36
My choice would be Typhoon Lagoon - we always used to get there for opening time and get seats in the kids area which gave us plently of shade for the middle of the day. Matthew could then go and play in the kids area while the girls went off to the other rides.

The kids all wear either flip flops or the water shoes that you can buy in most places e.g.Walmart as the floors get very hot.

Michelle

trevlad
10-04-2005, 22:45
typhoon lagoon - swim with sharks chill on the lazy river get drowned by the big waves ride the new gusher bone shake down the ring ride pull your bikini/pants from your but/t after flying down the fast ride then sit on it listen to beach boys and eat ice cream - dreamy. oh and blizzard beach is brilliant too.

dont forget your cheap soda refill ticket instead of buying a mug every day!

wilfy
10-04-2005, 23:57
Blizzard has more entertainment for the teenager's. Typhoon has just opened up a new ride, crusher gusher which is a tube ride, with forced jets of water to make it a bit quicker.
Of the 2, we prefer typhoon, as the big wave is always a good laugh even for young 'uns in the shallow end.

weemac
11-04-2005, 22:55
Thanks for all the great advice - i think it looks like Typhoon Lagoon this time - we will just have to come back another year to go to Blizzard Beach (oh what a shame!![msnsmile]).
Does anyone know how much it is to get in to Typhoon Lagoon? Do you need to get there early to get a good spot and what time does it open?

becbecs
11-04-2005, 23:07
Both water parks are fantastic, We prefer Typhoon Lagoon but Blizzard Beach has its own appeal. I beleive both parks do have childrens area,s anyway so lots to do for your 6 year old.

Have a great time, and don't forget to post your pictures on this forum.

[beer]

E. Cosgrove
12-04-2005, 02:09
Opening times vary and I wouldn't leave it too late to arrive as they close the gates to newcomers when they reach maximum capacity.
Admission is in the region of $30 but I am sure Martin can give you an exact price.
You can get admission as an "option" on the new "Magic your way" tickets.

Ray&Sarah
12-04-2005, 12:17
As Liz says its best top arrive early, that way you can find a good place to base yourselves during the day.[msnsmile2]

ALR
12-01-2006, 22:16
We did both Typhoon Lagoon and Blizzard Beach, but we returned to Typhoon Lagoon as the kids (and adults) preferred it. Having said that we'll probably end up going to both again.

Maz
14-01-2006, 18:38
Typhoon Lagoon for me - although I will go on every ride at disney, universal etc I am a scaredy cat when it comes to water slides etc - but the wave pool at typhoon is great.

Debbie

mizzy
14-01-2006, 18:51
my children are very fair skinned too and a quick tip is to check out www.lioninthesun.com as they have a fantastic trendy range of sun protection swim/surf wear which will protect up to factor 50+

they should also help with the bumps and scapes off the slides too

Mizzy[msnsmile2]

ALR
14-01-2006, 21:15
That's very useful information Mizzy! My children have sunblock on prescription and I've been looking around for more suitable hats to protect us all from the rays.

mizzy
15-01-2006, 00:29
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by ALR
That's very useful information Mizzy! My children have sunblock on prescription and I've been looking around for more suitable hats to protect us all from the rays.
[/quote]

if i where you i'd go for a UV suit that goes down to the knees and just past the elbows my son has a blue one with a celtic design and he looks cool in it, they wash great and still keep the spf
well worth the money

quick tip buy the next size up or speak to them on the phone they are great with advice on sizing etc

Mizzy[msnsmile2]

Homer
15-01-2006, 01:39
I would plump for Typhoon every time, a bit better on the shade front and the kids love the wave pool

Wet and Wild I avaoid like the plague been twice robbed twice !!!!

Pair of trsiners went walkies the first time and second time our cooler bag
[msnmad]

jaff
15-01-2006, 03:48
NAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA blizzard beach for SUMIT PLUMIT woo hoo

ALR
18-01-2006, 13:01
Crush n Gusher for me!!!!!!!![clap][clap][clap]

Macka
18-01-2006, 13:16
Both, do both!!

Typhoon Lagoon's my favourite though. BB is very bright. sounds stupid but it is with all that snow.[msnwink]

We went to TL first so it's kind of an old friend.[msnembarrased] I love the boat stuck on the mountain..

Yeah, do both.[msnsmile2]

stabard
18-01-2006, 13:54
Typhoon Lagoon for us too [clap]

joanneoliver
13-04-2007, 19:48
Hi everyone

We are heading back to Orlando in October - only 176 days to go! Based on the posts here, Typhoon Lagoon is the waterpark for us! Does anyone know whether the park has any restrictions ie on age or swimming ability. Some of the "mild but wild" rides have a stated height restriction which is fine but others do not. We have an 8 year old (competent swimmer) and a 5 year old (can swim 50m unaided). They are fearless in the water and will just about accept a height restriction (!) but find it difficult when they are told they are too young to go on a water slide as they are better swimmers than some adults we know! I am not sure that the kiddies area will keep them amused for long. Any advice would be welcome as we don't want to waste money on tickets, if it would be better to wait another year or so, and even worse, we don't want to take the kids and then find that they are turned away from rides that we know they will be absolutely OK going on.

Thanks!

caroline
13-04-2007, 21:20
They will be allowed on all the rides unless they don't make the height requirement - hope that make sense [msneek] I've seen loats of very small kids whizzing down chutes that I wouldn't dream of going on[msnembarrased] I don't do wet hair[msnwink]

freddiehollie
13-04-2007, 23:17
Remember if you are staying on site at Disney you can get into both Water Parks
at 9am (normal opening 10am):D Its great walking past the que's waiting to get
in and you get on loads of slides before the mad rush.;);)