PDA

View Full Version : universal/I.O.A

daisy
10-04-2005, 13:14
hi am still trying to plan my holiday and was just wondering if its possible to do both parks on the same day or am i just being optimistic ? many thanks

athurstance
10-04-2005, 13:27
It is possible if you only want to do the main rides and get a general taste of the two parks but it would only be a taster. You could never really do everything at both parks in one day.

You can do one park in the morning and one in the afternoon. Use Express pass as much as you can. The parks are likely to be busier in the afternoon so you need to get round as much as you can early morning and move on to the second park as early as possible.

I've done it but not on my first visit to the Universal parks so we were just looking for a quick tour doing all our favourite rides. I would recommend doing Islands of Adventure in the morning - first thing when it opens - as it has more of the big rollercoasters which are very popular.

Unless the tickets have changed you need at least a 2 day ticket to be able to hop to both parks in one day.

If you really want to enjoy the parks I'd do one park a day but if its the only way you're going to be able to fit both in then give it a go.

CERICROWLEY
10-04-2005, 13:31
I would suggest going to IOA first, very first thing, and then Universal. It will be a long day, but you can do it, if you plan to the popular rides first, If you have older children you could miss out zeus landing as is it very much a small childrens place.

daisy
10-04-2005, 14:41
the only children are me and my other half ...lol i was just wondering if its a possability to do both it will be first time so am probably being optimistic will have another at rearanging days failing that will have to start planning next trip [msnsmile2]

worldpeace
10-04-2005, 22:15
we managed both{just!}but we did cheat and buy the express pass\plus as it was our sons birthday.for 15 dollars each you can skip the main queue and join the expresspass queue which is much shorter.We did ioa till about 3pm then hopped over to US as it was open for a couple of hours longer than ioa

E. Cosgrove
10-04-2005, 23:35
Ride the water rides in IOA first, then it will give you all day to dry off. You can get very wet:D
Of course you could always cheat and wear a rain poncho[msnwink]

wilfy
11-04-2005, 00:03
It would certainly help getting there well before official opening time. If you plan to arrive 30 mins before hand and get parked up, you'll be able to get the closest popular rides done early. We went a week ago and by the time we arrived in thru the gates it was 9.30. The hulk ride already had a 25 minute wait, likewise with the original park, the mummy ride quickly built up a queue.