PDA

View Full Version : special meal

Jan.B.
08-04-2005, 18:49
i am sure this is probably covered elsewhere, but i wondered what the best 'dinner package' was that people would recommend?
it is my birthday whilst we are in florida and I fancy trying one of them.

janice
08-04-2005, 19:19
I recommend Texas De Brazil, it's at the end of Idrive opposite Festival Bay. You pay a set price and eat as much as you want, not your average all u can eat buffet though. You are supplied with a disc, one side green the other red, when placed on green side the waiters will continuously come and give you cuts of meat from large skewers, when you have sufficient you turn disc to red. If you want more just flip it to green again, marvellous food. You also go to the salad bar before hand, which is vast, and can top up as much as you like. Good luck.[msntongue]

Lisa C
08-04-2005, 19:52
Hi Jan,

Do you mean somthing like Medieval Times, Pirates or Dolly Parton dinner packages. If so it depends on your party really. Are you a mixed bunch age wise?

Newhomebuyer
08-04-2005, 21:19
How about going to Boma in Animal Kingdom Lodge if you don't want a show.
If you want a show then expect the food to be okay rather than great.
The Pirates always seem to go down well as a show.
My choice would be to go to Cirque DS and then have a great meal expensive but worth it for a special occasion.

luckylady
08-04-2005, 22:34
Texas De Brazil,is fantastic well worth a visit
up market compared to the usual eat all tou can buffet
Try it very relaxing the food is superb
Batbara

becbecs
09-04-2005, 00:07
I can highley recommend a Restaurant in MGM Studio's called Brown Derby :D, Excellent food, this place is Michelin Standard but worth the money, you can go and see Fantasmic the Light & Water Show afterwards. [clap][clap][clap]

Jan.B.
09-04-2005, 15:34
Hey thanks guys.

there are four in our party, me, my hubby and 2 kids aged 7 and 11.

Quite fancy one of the meals in the parks but didnt know if they were worth it.
Are they very expensive and how do you book them?

becbecs
09-04-2005, 17:01
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Jan.B.
Hey thanks guys.

there are four in our party, me, my hubby and 2 kids aged 7 and 11.

Quite fancy one of the meals in the parks but didnt know if they were worth it.
Are they very expensive and how do you book them?
[/quote]

I think we booked through the Villa Manuel which was provided in the Villa we stayed in, Brown Derby is a little more pricey than the norm but well worth it, I would get the suggestions and try there web sites try the link ]website link edited]

Good look

[beer]

worldpeace
10-04-2005, 00:40
we had 2 excellent meals,the coral reef in Epcot lovely service and good choice menu the kids also had their own menu or you could try dine with shamu at seaworld.Its a help yourself buffet but loads of choice, kids again have their own section to choose from and its soooo mouthwatering {ps the wife is a fussy eater but she had plenty to choose from}[beer]

trevlad
10-04-2005, 02:28
is there a good veggie selection at the eat with shamu - not all fish is it[msnwink]

E. Cosgrove
10-04-2005, 18:13
Jan, you can book meals in the parks through WDW, see their website.
If you are planning to do a dining option with priority seating for Fantasmic book NOW!!!!
We tried to book at Mama Melrose's before we went and they were booked uo every night we tried, admittedly it was Easter but even so I think you need to book well in advance.
What about Hollywood and Vine at MGM. This might suit the kids better.
We have Victoria and Alberts at The Grand Floridian on our list of places to eat but that will be when there are just the 2 of us!!!![msnwink]

worldpeace
10-04-2005, 21:27
yes i think there was,in all honesty i didnt really look but our daughter had a good selection of fresh salad and i remember the people on the next table saying they had a good choice as their child didnt like most meats [and not a fish in sight[msnwink] well apart from the ones in a bucket for a certain large whale!!:D}

Jan.B.
11-04-2005, 14:59
Sorry, but i am really showing my ignorance here.

If i go to say 'Hollywood and Vine' what does the priority seating mean?
can you see fantasia from the restaurant?

florida4sun
11-04-2005, 23:58
Priority seatimng is your booking, provided you have the reference number and arrive at the suggested time you will get the next available table. You can ask for the 'Fantasmic' package, this gets you access to a special seating area for the show. You cannot see the show from the restaurant as it is in a purpose built arena.

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Jan.B.
Sorry, but i am really showing my ignorance here.

If i go to say 'Hollywood and Vine' what does the priority seating mean?
can you see fantasia from the restaurant?

[/quote]

E. Cosgrove
12-04-2005, 01:15
Priority seating means you don't have to be at the arena as soon as those without it. We were there 90 mins before, just to ensure seats, when we visited this time. I think it is 30 mins if you have priority seating.
This would be a lovely way to celebrate your birthday Jan and the kids would love it as well.
Telephone number for any Disney Dining is 407-939-3463

Jan.B.
13-04-2005, 01:12
wahay!!! done it!!

Booked in for the 'Hollywood and Vine' for 3rd June
(couldnt get in for the 4th but i can stretch my birthday out over a couple of days)[drinkbeer]

thanks for the telephone number Liz.