PDA

View Full Version : Best Western Accredited

Ironhead
08-04-2005, 13:56
Hi, we are going to rent a villa for May time, 2006.
One of those we are strongly considering on Highlands Reserve is apparently 'Best Western Accredited'.
Is this a good thing or does it mean the villa has had a great deal of use?
Any information would be really appreciated. Thank you

linda allen
08-04-2005, 14:21
Hi John,
Before we had our own villa we stayed on Highlands Reserve in a Best Western accredited villa. I think it just means that the villa is up to BW hotel standards and specifications, ie TVS and radio alarms in all bedrooms, hair dryers and a credit card style entry key. Alot of none Best Western villas have all these things too, so I wouldn't pay much attention to it.
We weren't disappointed with the villa we rented it was beautiful and certainly not tired from over use.
Have a great holiday.

shenon
08-04-2005, 14:23
Hi John
i think even if these villas have had a lot of use i would imagine they are maintained to a very high standard....you could do a search on [edit - has links to villas] and read some reviews:)

Snapper
08-04-2005, 15:26
Linda is spot on John. I wouldn't place too much emphasis on it either way. The Best Western programme defines a standard but it's more of a tick-list of 'must haves' rather than an indication of the quality of the villa. You will find that most villas advertised here far far exceed this standard.

I can vouch from personal experience that Best Western doesn't equal high usage. I have my villa in this programme and in the last 12 months they have sent hardly any bookings.

shenon
08-04-2005, 16:15
oops.sorry guy's[msnembarrased]

Ironhead
08-04-2005, 18:36
Thank you all very much for your help.
I'm sure we will have a lovely time again.

shenon
08-04-2005, 19:00
I'M sure you will Highlands reserve is lovely especially if you play golf....and even if you don't:)

trevlad
10-04-2005, 02:32
john we are staying at highlands reserve this year, let me know if you want any info. its our first time there

Ruth
10-04-2005, 04:12
I think the Best Western Accreditation only relates to villas managed by a particular management company. I am sure Steve will correct me if I am wrong.

Snapper
10-04-2005, 05:06
Yep; that's right Ruth. The idea behind it was good in principle, but it doesn't seem to have worked out to be anywhere near as successful as it could, or should, have been. It's a shame, as it was a very good idea. I guess that not every good idea always succeeds.

Ironhead
13-04-2005, 21:39
Trev, thanks for that. My wife & I had 3 weeks at Highlands Reserve last autumn (not to play golf) and a couple of weeks at Calabay Parc the year before.
Both very nice but we prefer Highlands Reserve and so we will be going again. (Can't go this year, doing New York again from next Monday!).
Hope you like Highlands as much as we did, enjoy.
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by trevlad
john we are staying at highlands reserve this year, let me know if you want any info. its our first time there
[/quote]