PDA

View Full Version : babies in buggy's/strollers and theme parks

Mistaya
08-04-2005, 04:20
We're going to Orlando in October. Our party conisists of 2 adults an 8 year old and a 17 month old. We're taking our buggy/stroller for the baby but I have a few questions.

When going on a ride do you have to leave the buggy/stroller outside while you you queue up?
Is there a designated buggy park area for them? I'm assuming that there is.

What happens if my husband and I both want to go on the ride with our older daughter?
I know that you can do a baby swap of some sort but how does this work?
Is it a case of parking the buggy/stroller outside taking the baby with us in the queue letting my husband ride with our older daughter then giving him the baby and then I go back on with our older daughter? Or does it not work like that?
What if the baby is asleep and we can't take her out of the buggy/stroller? Would one of us have to stay outside with her while the other goes on the ride and then queue again for the second person to ride? I'm assuming that you can't take the buggy/stroller right up the beginning of the ride for safety reasons.

I'm sorry for so many questions but I'd like to have all these clear in my head before we go so we can work out a plan of action.

linda allen
08-04-2005, 12:34
Hi Mistaya,
Having done all the Disney parks with 2 strollers and 2 little ones in tow I can promise you its not a problem.

There are plenty of stroller parking areas adjacent to all the rides. Unfortunately you do have to leave the stroller outside while you queue up, but the use of fast passes can limit your queueing time.

In order for you all to go on a ride that the little one can't, you just need to tell the Disney attendant as you arrive at the ride who will give you a pass so that after you and your eldest have been on you do a swop and one of you can go on with your husband without having to queue again. It works really well and means you and the baby don't have to wait in the queue also.

There are lots of rides you can all go on with the little one, such as Peter Pans Flight, Winnie the pooh and Its a small world(which has just reopened)

Have a great time.

Lynne S
08-04-2005, 13:27
The Disney staff are wonderful, you have nothing to worry about they do everything to help you.

Our daughter said she would come on a ride with us at Sea World, Atlantis. We queued up for ages, then when we got to the boats she said she had changed her mind....I was going to go back with her but a really nice member of staff said she would stay with her and bring her to the end of the ride. Which she did.

You have nothing to worry about, just have a great time and pick which rides you want to go on
[msnsmile2][msnsmile2][msnsmile2][msnsmile2][msnsmile2]

gromit
08-04-2005, 14:47
We took our little one on the merry go round and winnie the pooh - he really loved it. Thanks Linda for telling us about the 'swop' didn't know about it and it will come in handy[msnwink]

philgrove
08-04-2005, 15:14
our first trip in 2001 we just had our son who was 2 years we used our buggy and were pleased with the parking system for the buggies. you may find by the time you get off a ride a cast member may have moved your buggy within the parking area. dont be alarmed this is just to make things easier for other guests. this happens more often at the small world ride.
in 2003 we took the buggy for my son who was then 4 and a buggy for my daughter who was 8 months. we found no problems and people are always so helpful when it comes to the baby swap when the adults want to ride.
please remember your sun shade for your buggy.
all disney parks have excellent baby care centres where you can change your babys bottom ,feed,etc. we used to go there for a cool down and for the children just to have a play on the floor. look out on your park maps for them.
our only promblem this year will be getting my daughter,now 2 years,into the buggy as she loves to walk. but she wont understand how big the parks are and how hot it can be.
have a fun trip and dont get stressed out there's no need. just take lots of breaks.

blott
08-04-2005, 16:30
A tip - make sure that you securely label your buggy and, like the car parks, it helps if you've got something distinctive on the handle (or the highest point) so that you can recognise it. There are lots of buggies usually parked and it'll save you looking for ages for yours if there are lots of similar ones!

philgrove
08-04-2005, 16:40
Great tip. My buggy is bright pink . 2 years ago was the only pink one at each park but the pink buggy is now very popular. Good tip.