PDA

View Full Version : miami info

lettie
08-04-2005, 03:01
[sporty]hello can anybody help going to orlando in june, then thinking of driving to miami for a couple of days, any info on hotels,or has anybody done this drive, much appreciate any information.

trevlad
08-04-2005, 12:45
do a search back last week for the driving. i put a thread in. we fly into miami so i am doing it in reverse. dont know about motels though

Suzy
08-04-2005, 13:38
Hi we did this trip last year, we drove down the turnpike, it was really easy and quiet.

We stayed in Coconut Grove at a hotel called the Mutiny Hotel, it was 1st class, you can walk in the evenings to restaurants etc, and the Cheesecake Factory. We found it really nice and within easy driving distance from South Beach etc.

We got a good deal [name edited] on accommodation.

Hope this helps

Sue

lettie
09-04-2005, 01:27
<span style="font-family:Comic Sans MS"></span id="Comic Sans MS"><span style="color:red"></span id="red">thanks to you both for my answer on miami new to this computer much appreciate everybodys help[msnsmile2]

lynsey
09-04-2005, 19:50
hiya,

we went to south beach last year & i absolutely loved it.

we drove from orlando - it took approx 3-4 hours on the turnpike. cost approx $13 in tolls but was worth it as it was really quiet. did a small way on I95 & wouldn't recommend it!

we stayed in South Beach at the Park Central on Ocean Drive - right opposite the gorgeous beach & promenade. Again, i loved it! Would recommend anywhere on Ocean Drive as they all looked nice.

Hope you have a great time & i'm really jealous.

lynsey.x.

lettie
11-04-2005, 01:41
<span style="font-family:Comic Sans MS"></span id="Comic Sans MS"><span style="color:purple"></span id="purple">HI LYNSEY CAN YOU TELL ME ABOUT HOW MUCH THE HOTELS ARE A NIGHT SO I CAN HAVE SOME IDEA, IS THERE PLENTY OF TOILETS STOPS ON WAY
THANKS ANY INFO WOULD APPRECIATE.

lynsey
11-04-2005, 03:15
hiya lettie,

we booked our hotel through virgin before we went, so we probably paid more than you would if you booked direct, or while you're over there.

there's not lots of toilet stops on the way - a few service areas in the middle of the turnpike, but we've found if you exit the main roads there's always a petrol station just off with toilets. it must be a girl thing - my other half never seems to understand why i need to know about toilets - wherever we go!!

hope thats been some help.

lynsey