PDA

View Full Version : Two Sea World Questions!

KittyKat1010
07-04-2005, 20:44
Hello everyone![msnsmile]

We will be going to Sea World next Friday for the first time and I’m trying to collect tips and useful bits of info before our trip. Unfortunately, we missed out on the Dine with Shamu as it was sold out so I want to know if anyone has experience with the Luau and if it’s worth $175 for 4 people to attend? I am just having a hard time seeing it with after spending more than that for the park passes. Also, is there any opportunity for kids to get up close to the dolphins? Discovery Cove is just TOO expensive for us so I am hoping that Sea World will offer something that they will enjoy as well.

Thanks everyone!

Kat

TINAPETERS
07-04-2005, 21:23
Hi Kat

You need to go to the Key West area of Sea World to see the dolphins.
They have regular feeding times and you can purchase a tray of fish to feed them. Beware of the photographers as they are around and it is hard to resist buying the photos of yourself and the children feeding the dolphins.

Dont miss the Clyde and Seamore show, Seaworld is my favourite park, hope you all enjoy it.

KittyKat1010
07-04-2005, 21:25
Thank you for the tip!! I'll be SURE to purchase the fish for them to feed as that will be a wonderful treat for them!! I'm sure the photographers will be crazy around them but i have a wonderful digital camera with video record so i'll have no problem turning them away.

thank you again!!![msnsmile][msnsmile][msnsmile]

kat

Newhomebuyer
07-04-2005, 21:41
Seaworld is a great place to go but If you have missed the Shamu dining experience I don't think the Luau is a good replacement for the money.
I would rather save the money and if you want to go to a Luau then go to the one at the Polynesian Disney Resort.
Eat casually at the Pepper Market in Seaworld and then go to the Shamu Night Show.

E. Cosgrove
07-04-2005, 22:08
Dolphin theatre is closed until May, but you can see them in the pool and get up close. You can buy food to feed them there.

blott
07-04-2005, 22:26
The kids will also love the sting rays in their petting area! And while you're in the Key West area of Seaworld, try out the food there, it's delicious! :)

worldpeace
07-04-2005, 23:57
phone up for cancelations,when we went there was 4 empty tables its well worth the money,its fantastic to see the whale up close:)

walden64
08-04-2005, 03:44
We usually book Dine with Shamu and we all love it. Mike and myself have also been to the Luau Dinner Show at Seaworld and whilst it was OK I wouldn't do it again. I would try and see if there was a cancellation for the Dine with Shamu.

If you want to do something different at SeaWorld why not try one of the tours - in January we went on the Predators tour and you get to go back stage at Shamu Stadium and also at the Shark enclosure - I think it was about $15 per adult but we also got a reduction with our annual pass and it was well worth the money.

wilfy
08-04-2005, 07:57
The dolphin theatre is playing about 3 times a day, They are saying that this is for demo purposes until the official opening in May.

philgrove
08-04-2005, 16:15
What date in May does the dolphin theatre open,anyone know?
We are there for 3 weeks but will only spend 1 day at seaworld.
We buy our 1 day tickets at the gate on the day it suits us very well to do this. are you still able to get a 2nd day free ????

Thorogoods
09-04-2005, 18:48
Kat the clyde and Seamore show is well worth seeing and you should get there a little early as the mime artist is just brillant.

becbecs
09-04-2005, 22:56
Discovery Cove is one of the best days you will have, yes it seems expensive but well worth it, The day is just quite fantastic.

Seaworld especially the Shamu show is great make sure you sit near the front, you wouldn,t want to miss anything .Tee Hee :D

[beer]