PDA

View Full Version : Pool alarms..and other ??

mbb
06-04-2005, 22:01
Hello all!

I think it's safe to say I've just about lost my mind...your homes are all so beautiful - we just can't decide!

We do have a couple of quick questions...
1) If a pool has a safety fence, will the house be alarmed?
2) What's the quickest way to US/IOA from the Hwy 27 end of things? We have stayed in Vistapark, and really enjoyed that area.
3) We have a very specific wishlist for a villa, and have received two quotes from owners. I don't want to offend them by doing a "general enquiry", but we would like to see any other homes that may be a little more specific to our wishlist.

Any help would be most appreciated!
[msnsmile]

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
06-04-2005, 22:14
1) Possibly - We have a pool fence at both of our 7 bed villas but also have pool door alarms too. It's a personal choice but you will find many homes have pool alarms but no fence and vice versa. The legal requirement is for one or the other.

2) I'm not sure as our own villas are in Kissimmee and not Hwy 27. I'm sure one of the Hwy 27 owners can advise.

3) I would not be shy about making a General Enquiry if you feel you need to. It's your vacation and it's important you get the right place for your own circumstances. Maybe put your specific wishes in the comments section of the General Enquiry and ask that people only respond if their villa meets the requirements.

Genie
06-04-2005, 22:30
We are on Hwy 27 and it is great. You can get to the parks and other attractions really easily. All the communities on the 27 are all usually near to shops and restuarants as well, we have a Publix within 5 minutes , plus a brilliant Chinese take-a-way and Pizza place, retuarants include Cracker Barrell, Perkins etc. The communities are really lovely. We have a pool fence the house is also alarmed and bleeps when the patio doors are opened too.

janny
06-04-2005, 23:09
The quickest way to Universal from the vista Park end -I know the area well - is: 192 -Sherbeth Road -Osceola Parkway -I-4 junction 75a

Snapper
07-04-2005, 00:02
The easiest way to get to US/IOA from 27 is to head south on 27 and then pick-up I-4 at the 27/I4 juntions (exit 55). Head north on I-4 and take the Universal exit.

Thanks to Rosie and Al I also know a cheeky short-cut that's a bit quicker ...

Head south on 27 to the juntion with CR-54 (signed Ronald Reagan Pkwy). Follow CR-54 and then turn left onto Champions Gate Blvd (towards the big new resort) just before CR-54 passes over I-4 (there's no junction with I-4 at that point). Follow Champions Gate Blvd round about a mile and you'll hit the junction with I-4. You'll have to pass under I-4 before joining it north. I think it brings you on at junction 55.

This is a really useful shortcut at the moment as you skip all the roadworks currently taking place around the 27/I-4 junction.

janny
07-04-2005, 00:26
Steve this means driving down the 27 to get to the cr 54 in the first place as Vista Park area is only 1 mile from the 192 junction if you stay further down the 27 your way is good

Snapper
07-04-2005, 01:26
True, but you miss all the traffic and lights on 192 if you head straight down 27, and it's a 65 limit for half of the distance so it takes hardly any time at all. Even if I were coming from north of the 192 junction, like Orange Tree, I'd still head straight past 192 and go down to CR-54.

mbb
07-04-2005, 01:38
Thanks so much!!:):)

We just couldn't imagine a 40+ minute drive to US/IOA from the 27..along the 192 - and we hadn't journeyed down to the 27/4 junction our last trip...so thanks for the information. Staying along the 27 was just so convenient to everything Disney...and it felt like we were "out of the hustle and bustle" of the 192.

Off to compose our wishlist general inquiry..

Thanks again!

[msnsmile2]

E. Cosgrove
07-04-2005, 01:39
It's junction 58 Steve[msnwink]<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Snapper
The easiest way to get to US/IOA from 27 is to head south on 27 and then pick-up I-4 at the 27/I4 juntions (exit 55). Head north on I-4 and take the Universal exit.

Thanks to Rosie and Al I also know a cheeky short-cut that's a bit quicker ...

Head south on 27 to the juntion with CR-54 (signed Ronald Reagan Pkwy). Follow CR-54 and then turn left onto Champions Gate Blvd (towards the big new resort) just before CR-54 passes over I-4 (there's no junction with I-4 at that point). Follow Champions Gate Blvd round about a mile and you'll hit the junction with I-4. You'll have to pass under I-4 before joining it north. I think it brings you on at junction 55.

This is a really useful shortcut at the moment as you skip all the roadworks currently taking place around the 27/I-4 junction.
[/quote]

linda allen
07-04-2005, 01:56
Steve,thats the way we drive from our villa to US/IOA and to Disney.
You can easily do the journey in 20 minutes or so.