PDA

View Full Version : Evidence to the interview

Gamedude
06-04-2005, 13:32
When I go to the embassy I know I need to take some evidence to show I intend to come back to the U.K. I can get a letter from my employer but any ideas what other information I could use?

I am using my savings to pay for the holiday and I don't have a mortgage as we rent from the council.

Any suggestions would be great.

janwebb
06-04-2005, 14:24
Hi gamedude,

when we went we took a letter from employer, bank statements and a mortgage statement (obviously not applicable in your case) - maybe your rent book would suffice instead? I think you just have to show you have ties to this country. Good luck :)

wiljohn
07-04-2005, 02:24
Car log book to say you still own a car,footie season ticket,record of further education courses,anything really that will hopefully prove you have ties to the uk.

E. Cosgrove
07-04-2005, 11:59
Bank Statements, contract of employment, poll tax bill receipt. The more things you have, the better.

Michelle
08-04-2005, 03:13
In the letter the Embassy sent you It does tell you what paperwork etc which they want you to take with you when you go. If you dont have a Mortgage etc, take as much as you can to prove you have ties in your country of origin, because that is basically what they look for.
It is a good idea to take as much as you can, the more you take with you the better, for example if you have bank statements, telephone bills, last 3 months pay slips, Rent book, any insurance policys you have, also take latest utility bills, also a letter from employer also helps.

Gamedude
10-04-2005, 20:52
Thanks for the help.

Just wondering do I take all original documents for evidence ( I presume I do) and also do I put it all in a folder and hand it in? I guess there will be quite a lot of pieces of paper as evidence. What did you do when you had the interview?

Thanks.

E. Cosgrove
10-04-2005, 21:26
They will tell you when they want it and they will take the lot and sift through it to find what is relevant and what is not.

Michelle
11-04-2005, 00:28
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Gamedude
Thanks for the help.

Just wondering do I take all original documents for evidence ( I presume I do) and also do I put it all in a folder and hand it in? I guess there will be quite a lot of pieces of paper as evidence. What did you do when you had the interview?

Thanks.
[/quote]

We put all our paperwork into a folderas it was easier to carry.

Clare R
18-04-2005, 13:33
Take as much as you can. We took Council Tax forms plus mortgage papers. Also mentioned that we had a 23 year old son. Letter from employer is a good bet as well

wilfy
18-04-2005, 16:21
Is this request for a b1/b2 visa?

Gamedude
18-04-2005, 18:17
B2 visa

wilfy
18-04-2005, 23:44
Blimey [:O] my b1/b2 is about to run out (along with the passport). Last time my work's handled it, need to rattle their tree and get something sorted.