PDA

View Full Version : The Hobgrove's hit Orlando! Part 6

E. Cosgrove
06-04-2005, 02:22
March 26th
Whenever I visit Orlando I have a different theme park as my 'favourite', but ask anybody to talk about WDW and they will talk about MK. That's why we were all so excited about today, especially Kitty and Nic. Perhaps that's also the reason why we were organised enough to be up, out and parking in Daisy Duck before 9am [msneek]
' Mind the step,watch your heads, sit children to the middle...driver, we're clear' and we were off to the ticket and transportation centre.
We decided that whilst the weather was nice we would take the boat over to MK and return on the monorail later. Once on board we realised just how hot and humid it was today, we were in for a thunderstorm for sure...good job we had brought our ponchos from yesterday, all tucked up in a single back pack Stu would need to buy one if it rained as he had missed out on this, the most essential of purchases[msnwink] The girls were amazed at that fanatstic view of Cinderellas Castle across the lake.
When we arrived at the entrance the lines seemed quite long but moved very quickly, even those where people were having their bags checked.
We glanced up main street but we knew that if we started to wander up there we would never get very far, the draw of the shops would be too great, so we hopped on board the train to Frontierland.
We went straight to Splash Mountain and although the wait was only 20 mins we decided to get fast passes and went hot foot to Big Thunder Mountain Railroad,also showing a 20 min wait.
I have ridden this attraction many times but this time looked at it with different eyes. Last summer we went to Yellowstone and saw for ourselves the gushing guyesers, we visited the Dinosaur National Monument in Utah and saw the dinosaur fossils embedded in the rocks, and here they were perfectly replicated in WDW!! The attention to detail is superb.
We had great fun on this ride whooping and hollering and generally behaving like little kids, arms raised high in the air, it was over all too fast.
When we left and wandered over to splash Mountain we still had 10 mins before we could use our fast passes, so it gave us time to watch The paddle steamer on the 'river' and wander in the souvenier shop.
Splash mountain is one of my favourite Disney rides and I urged Kitty and Nic to listen to Brer Rabbits story...it all adds to the fun[msnsmile2]
Whenever we went up a small incline they would ask 'Is this it?' but no we were only decending into the 'Laughin Place' The final drop was as good as ever and the photographs showed the evidence that only James 'ducked'. We all had our share of being wet ( practice for tomorow[msnwink])
We left splash Mountain singing 'zippedy doo dah' and with the intention of going to 'the Haunted Mansion for fast passes, Nick mentioned the possibility of visiting Country Bear Jamboree [zzz][zzz][zzz] We passed on that one;)
The weather seemed less oppressive, but I swear I felt the odd spot of rain[msnsad]
When we reached the Haunted Mansion the fast pass was not in operation but the wait was only 15 mins and we soon found ourselves inside. Natalie, who is scared of her own shadow, was clinging to James even though she knew what to expect. Nic was also apprehensive but we kept reassuring her that this was Disney and it was for kids!
The detail on this ride is fantastic, I'm sure I notice something different every time!
Next on to The Hall of Presidents, I love this nearly as much as I love The Great American Adventure in Epcot, but it's not everyone's cup of tea and i think there could have been a couple of bored individuals, although no one was admitting to it.
James and Nat decided to spend some time on their own as Nat wanted to do loads of stuff in Fantasyland that she thought might bore the menfolk, so we left them with arrangements to meet at the castle moat at 4.30.
We wandered over to the Christmas Shop where Kitty and Nic nearly came to blows as they both wanted to buy their Mum the same Christmas decoration. They were both in a str

DisneyDreamer
06-04-2005, 02:29
Another fantastic report - you have an amazing memory for detail, really enjoying them!:)

Ray&Sarah
06-04-2005, 03:43
These reports just keep getting better and better Liz.[msnsmile2]

Sally D
06-04-2005, 12:13
Another great report[clap][clap]

LiesaAnna
06-04-2005, 14:28
brilliant Liz!!!!
am so loving your reports!!!!
thanks!!!!:D

janwebb
06-04-2005, 14:35
another great report Liz, it's all very exciting & I can't wait till we go in August [msnsmile2]

chrizzy100
06-04-2005, 17:23
Nice to see someone else who loves The Hall of Presidents....each time I go I watch a different figure.....my daughter when I got her to come in with me after years of asking.....could not get over how the figures move all the time.....

Madabouttigger
06-04-2005, 19:41
Love the reports, thanks for the memories.

Diane.

eagleydo
07-04-2005, 00:45
Great reports, really enjoying them. Wishes is fantastic, isn't it. I filmed it and will have to watch again.I loved spectromagic parade, this for me is the best one of all.

becbecs
08-04-2005, 15:56
Fantastic [clap] report, keep them coming

[beer]

jolliffee
09-04-2005, 17:59
I just love your reports, great!

Lyn
10-04-2005, 00:22
Love the reports just read all six one after the other hope the next comes soon

trevlad
10-04-2005, 04:24
great reports / what about some photos!

E. Cosgrove
10-04-2005, 15:00
I didn't take many photos, except of the villa but there are one or 2 "team" pics that I will re size and post when I have finished the reports[msnsmile]

ravtino
10-04-2005, 15:54
come on Liz waiting for next report suspense is killing me!!!!![msnsmile2][msnsmile2][msnsmile2][msnsmile2][msnsmile2][msnsmile2]

E. Cosgrove
10-04-2005, 18:16
It takes me about an hour to write a trip report so it will probably be Tues, on my day off, before I get the chance to do another one. I haven't given up....promise[msnwink]
I need to complete them before I forget what happened. the next one will be very eventful[msnwink]

ravtino
10-04-2005, 19:59
well that will give me something to look forward to:D

LiesaAnna
10-04-2005, 21:31
so good Liz!!!

Ray&Sarah
10-04-2005, 23:43
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by E. Cosgrove
It takes me about an hour to write a trip report so it will probably be Tues, on my day off, before I get the chance to do another one. I haven't given up....promise[msnwink]
I need to complete them before I forget what happened. the next one will be very eventful[msnwink]
[/quote]

Now you've got us all on the edge of the seat with anticipation Liz.[msnoo]:D[msnsmile2]

Pluto
11-04-2005, 00:07
Brilliant reports - keep them coming! It is making me really excited about our trip in June.

stabard
12-04-2005, 20:02
All caought up now Liz so look forward to the next installment.