PDA

View Full Version : New attraction- R L Stine's Haunted Lighthouse

esprit
27-02-2003, 21:24
Across from The Kasbah, guests can experience R.L. Stine's Haunted Lighthouse in 4-D. Opening this May, R.L. Stine's Haunted Lighthouse is a spooky, 22-minute adventure film that combines 3-D visual technology with multi-sensory theater effects for an exciting '4-D' experience. Based on an original story by the popular 'Goosebumps' author, the film stars veteran actors Christopher Lloyd and Lea Thompson and was directed by Joe Dante. The new theater will seat 750 guests and queue an additional 750 in the lobby.

esprit
02-05-2003, 21:00
This new attraction is set to open on May 31st.

K4LGB
28-05-2003, 19:20
Is May 31st 2003 still the opening date?
Does anyone have a visit planned?

esprit
28-05-2003, 22:19
Yes the date still holds. There is a trailer on the website for it. ( www.buschgardens.com_

neilbrunton
05-06-2003, 17:28
We went on the haunted lighthouse at the beginning of the week. Apart from a few 3D effects and being sprayed with water a few times it was a bit lame. It is very simular to Honey i shrunk the Audience in Epcot. As it was a brand new ride I expected something a bit better.

dannib
08-06-2003, 21:18
This was the most disappointing ride I went on during my holiday.

I expected it to be scary - it wasn't, I expected there to be proper ghosts in it - there wasn't, and I expected something from it that we didn't get from the other 3d rides.

This was made out to be really spooky, and scary and the best ride of its kind and it certainly wasn't!

Can anyone explain what 4d is? Cos to me it was the same (but worse) than the other 3d rides.

Nostromo
14-07-2003, 13:21
That's disappointing. When I spoke to a staff member at Busch a few weeks ago, she made out that this Lighthouse experience was going to be in IoA's Spiderman show class. Obviously, it isn't, which is a pity because Busch Gardens usually serve up rides and shows with good value for your money.

RubAyr
14-07-2003, 18:37
We were in Florida at the beginning of June and went
to Busch Gardens. We were also disappointed with the
Haunted Lighthouse. There was one good bit in it (which
I'm not going to mention!) but it wasn't scary at all.

It is not in the same league as Spiderman or Shrek 4D -
which was really good ! :D

stuart
14-07-2003, 20:54
Have to agree with everyones comments. This attraction was rather lame. Not a patch on Shrek at Universal, which we queued for over a hour to see. It was well worth the wait.

Stuart & Kim

nelly
28-08-2003, 10:49
to be frank it is rubbish.
and if you go on spiderman All else will be rubbish too except "its tough to be a bug" in animal kingdom that is the best 3d experiance in its class.

sunshine state
29-08-2003, 02:33
Yes Shrek 4d is a really well made and thought out ride the first time i went on it was cool the way your seats start moving, so yes i agree with everyone elses comments.

mikewj
19-06-2004, 18:34
I know that the rest of you didn't think much of this, and when compared to the likes of Shrek, Philarmagic et al its a bit lame, but I dont think that its supposed to be compared to them.

Its more like an episode of a kid's TV show that just happens to be filmed in 3D with some physical effects thrown in for good measure.

When taken in that context, the effects are equally as good as the others.

The main problem is that in terms of build up and involvement we're expecting more of the same but we've been given a lot less, and the story isn't up to much either which doesn't help.

Its still worth a look though.