PDA

View Full Version : Emerald Island

ALR
05-04-2005, 20:56
It's our first trip to Florida in Sept, and we are staying at Emerald Island. Is it true you can see the Disney Fireworks from here? We want to plan an itinary, that is suitable for someone with health problems, and I've been told that Emerald Island is quite near to all the action without being too busy. Any advice from Florida experts?

Newhomebuyer
06-04-2005, 00:21
Emerald Island is certainly a lovely resort and you can probably see the fireworks in the distance from some of the villas. There are much better places to view the fireworks without going into the parks if you want to avoid crowds.
I would recommend the Boardwalk. Its such an easy drive from EI.

resorthomerentals
06-04-2005, 01:25
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Newhomebuyer
Emerald Island is certainly a lovely resort and you can probably see the fireworks in the distance from some of the villas. There are much better places to view the fireworks without going into the parks if you want to avoid crowds.
I would recommend the Boardwalk. Its such an easy drive from EI.
[/quote]

I would agree with what Newhomebuyer says. There a lots of places to view the fireworks!

Emerald Island is very close to the attractions, but you would never know it while at the villa. We took friends (Disney fanatics) there with us in January and she put it the best one night at the villa....
When we are here, it's so nice and relaxing I forget we are slow close to Disney and all the action. But then we leave and within 5 or 10 minutes we are right in the middle of it all. How awesome!

ujpest doza
07-04-2005, 19:23
I was never able to actually see the firewaorks but i could hear them every night.

It is very close to Disney, but as others have said you wouldn't know how close.

Bazamor
10-04-2005, 16:47
It is true you can see the fireworks from our upper floor windows. I agree you can see better from Boardwalk (and other places for that matter) but along with Oak Island Harbour and other Formosa located homes you are just five minutes from WDW.