PDA

View Full Version : Getting Wet

Ken and Julia
12-02-2002, 03:01
A great park as long as you dont mind getting soaked, we picked a bad day it was about 60 degrees and soaked to the skin was not too pleasant, but the Atlantis attraction is a must if you want to be baffled 'How did they do that at the end?'
The Spider man ride is brilliant (when it works) we had 3 goes the first time because it kept going out of sync but last time was great.

The Dippers
Forget the Hulk unless you want a head ache the dualing dippers are really smooth and a good ride

always look on the bright side

rob
12-02-2002, 03:04
Spiderman: One of my favorute rides EVER!

I've not yet done Atlantis - what is it?

-------------
Rob

slinky
12-02-2002, 03:06
We were there for the first time last November and it was fantastic - it was low 80's so we got soaked and it great fun.

Just had to then explain to our 3 year old why my trousers were wet when we met up with them again later :) (he wasn't in the park alone in case anyone is wondering - his Aunt was kind enough to entertain whilst we went on all the rides).

Spiderman was excellent - we are told there is a ride at Universal that is as good.

What's Atlantis - we did not see that?

Slinky

Edited by - slinky on 11/02/2002 23:07:00

n/a
12-02-2002, 03:20
Atlantis, is part theatre part special effect, in my mind a waste of 30 minutes or so plus the queueing.

You get some live "actors" spinning you a line about the struggle for Atlantis, in various caverns. the main effect is at the end when you walk through a tunnel of water, the water somehow rushes round in a circle about 3m in diameter alla round you - you walk through the centre on a path. It's impressive, but I'd rather be on spiderman, Dr Doom or the Hulk etc.

imported_n/a
13-02-2002, 14:52
You must go to Seuss Landing - young and old. It is time to use your imagination - or is that Barney (Universal) - anyway, great kiddies rides and all the Seuss books you could want. The Grinch appears at times and the show is great. The Ham and Green Egss are lovely.

Theresa
20-02-2002, 04:03
If you are going on the mega wet rides i.e Popeye and Duddley Doo-right then make sure you are not wearing denim shorts. They take ages to dry out. Another tip for Popeye is to remove as much clothing as you are allowed and shoes and socks and store them in the centre compartment before the ride starts. This is one ride where you don't just get wet you get absolutely SOAKED.

orlandobabe
01-03-2002, 20:31
I enjoyed Atlantis-I think it was something to do with not being hurled around at 40mph-or more!

Orlandobabe

orlandobabe
01-03-2002, 20:37
On a hot day-do you get the family to do the wet rides first so that they can dry off in the sunshine.

Notice I said 'the family' -I don't do fast or wet!

Orlandobabe

Ruth
02-03-2002, 03:37
How many of the rides here have height restrictions?. I have young children who are too short to go on some rides, but are quite daring and get upset if they are not allowed on so we have not yet tried Islands of Adventure.

Ruth
www.golfvillasflorida.com

tinkerbell
01-04-2002, 03:18
Most of the big rides have height restrictions that would count out smaller children, however, if they are borderline on the height issue, good idea to buy some thick soled shoes to add a couple of inches!

Ruth
01-04-2002, 06:06
Are the height restrictions the same as the Disney ones? Is there a web site where I could see exactly what each ride required so we would know in advance whether it is worth a visit yet?

Ruth

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
01-04-2002, 14:28
Not sure where that info is available Ruth but we went last December and our 3 1/2 year old (probably of average height for his age) was probably a couple of inches too small for most rides if that helps.

John & Sarah Rooke
Orlando Villas

tinkerbell
01-04-2002, 15:25
only place you could look for that information would be

www.ioa.com

Islands of AAdventure Website, I'm not certain they have this information there, but its a good place to try!