PDA

View Full Version : Visa

marv
04-04-2005, 21:39
Some one i know told me that someone in their family went for a visa today and one recieved a 10 year visa and the other, with a seriouse conviction recieved a 2 week visa.
I feel now, that you just take your chance at the interview and hope fo the best. The person that got a 2 weeek visit had gone to prison for drug smuggling and was still allowed to enter the us.
Good luck to everyone that has their interview

dodgey memory
04-04-2005, 22:11
Marv, do you know when the 2 week visa was dated from was it the date of interview or the first day of the holiday? Good luck.

E. Cosgrove
04-04-2005, 22:45
A visa does not guarantee entry to the US[msnsad]
The decision to allow entry rests with the immigration officer on arrival at the US.

florida4sun
04-04-2005, 23:05
They do not issue visas for 2 weeks, this would be the I95 issued on entry, A visa gives you the right to travel to the uSA but not enter it. If he was put away for drug smuggling I think he will have a very tough time getting in.

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by marv
Some one i know told me that someone in their family went for a visa today and one recieved a 10 year visa and the other, with a seriouse conviction recieved a 2 week visa.
I feel now, that you just take your chance at the interview and hope fo the best. The person that got a 2 weeek visit had gone to prison for drug smuggling and was still allowed to enter the us.
Good luck to everyone that has their interview
[/quote]

marv
05-04-2005, 01:21
I may have mis-heard what they said but i know that they were only aloud a 2 week stay and i would prosume that would be from the day they enter the usa, as the visa that would be on the day of the visa interview.

florida4sun
05-04-2005, 03:17
Again they would not know if they are allowed into the usa until they get to the airport. It is not up to the visa office toi decide how long they can stay in the USA.

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by marv
I may have mis-heard what they said but i know that they were only aloud a 2 week stay and i would prosume that would be from the day they enter the usa, as the visa that would be on the day of the visa interview.
[/quote]

Michelle
05-04-2005, 04:27
As Martin says, it is not up to the visa office. When we went to renew our visitors visas for another 10 years which allows us to stay for 6 months a year. The person we saw made a point of saying , though we have granted you a visitors visa it does not neccessarly mean that the imigration officer at port of entry in the USA would allow you to stay in US.

marv
05-04-2005, 16:56
Yes i did mention that even with a 2 week stay they still may not let them in.

tia 33
05-04-2005, 17:31
Speaking as someone whose hubby has just obtained a visitors visa due to a drunk & disorderly charge 20 years ago, does anyone know of someone who has been turned away at a port of entry in the USA by an immigration officer?