PDA

View Full Version : Second Day Free

K4LGB
27-02-2003, 20:34
Do you get the 2nd day free option at Busch Garden similar to what you can get at Sea World?
We are planning to be in St Petersburg for a Devil Rays baseball game and plan to stay in a Tampa hotel afterwards and was wondering if we could split our time at Busch Gardens across two days?
If not we will just have to get up early to make a full day of it.....

Many thanks in advance
Les

Biggus
27-02-2003, 21:13
Les,
Which baseball game are you going to and when? We have recently got tickets for the Yankees v Devil Rays game 4th April 2003.....can't wait as am big Yankees fan having spent many a sleepless night watching the baseball on C5!!

esprit
27-02-2003, 21:16
Go to http://www.buschgardens.com/buschgardens/fla/pp_funcard.aspx and read about puchasing a fun card on line. That may help you. Offer valid up up to 31st May though card can be used till the end of the year. Supplies limited ( whatever that means!)

K4LGB
27-02-2003, 22:22
Biggus

We are hoping to catch one of the Balimore Orioles games 25-27th April - probably go to the Sunday afternoon game and visit Busch Gardens on the hopefully less busy Monday.
Last June we went to an evening game against the LA Dodgers and stayed in the Hilton just down the road from Tropicana Fields in St Peterburg which was very centrally located and decent value. Unfortunately the hotel is booked up for the Sunday in question so we are looking at one of the hotels local to Busch Gardens instead - any recommendations greatfully received once again!!!

Cheers
Les

Ruth
27-02-2003, 22:51
Does Seaworld/Busch Gardens do any special Florida resident passes?

esprit
27-02-2003, 23:33
I see Seaworld are doing the same fun card but it doesnt cover both, Ruth. They must do though, surely.......

steph_goodrum
28-02-2003, 00:49
The Sea world/Busch Gardens Fun card costs $98.90 + tax so is only the same cost as a day in each park, great value even if you have to pay for parking.
You can buy them online, you print off an e-voucher and an order confirmation and get them validated at your first park. We changed ours from 2002 to 2003 ones and they said we will get a full refund of the unused vouchers.
http://commerce.4adventure.com/store/dept_tickets.asp?dept_id=203
Before we went I asked Sea World and they said their were no Florida residents specials.

Ruth
28-02-2003, 02:14
Steph, what do you mean, had you used the 2002 ones?

steph_goodrum
28-02-2003, 03:21
Ruth
No, we hadn't used the 2002 ones, we bought them in April knowing we weren't going to Floirda till mid December but as they worked out the same as a days admission + $1 we thought they were good value, when we looked at the website in early December though they were selling the 2003 Funcards, so we asked them about the refund policy and they said we would get a full refund if we hadn't validated them. So we bought the 2003 cards and left it till New Years day (we still had 3 trips this time to Sea World) and it means our cards cover our trip in October as well.

Ruth
28-02-2003, 11:15
Thanks Steph, what good service:)

millie
10-03-2003, 01:41
Can anyone tell me how you go about getting your next day free pass for Seaworld?

blott
10-03-2003, 03:10
Millie, just go to Guest Services before you leave Sea World and hand in your ticket and they will give you another one free.

K4LGB
01-04-2003, 17:14
When you have an e-ticket for a FunPass do you have to queue up at the sales desk or can you just go directly to Guest Services?
Do you have to retain the paper copy of the e-ticket or do they issue you with a picture card type ticket that is valid until the end of the year?

The information on the Busch Gardens web-site seems to suggest you need to take your passport with you each visit which would be a bit of a hassle....

Many thanks
Les

steph_goodrum
01-04-2003, 18:11
Millie
If you go to the Sea World website, you can buy the Fun card for 2003 for only $1 more than a single day admission, you buy it online and print off the voucher. It gives unlimited admission till 31st December this year.

Les
No you only need the paper voucher for the first visit and you go straight to the kiosk for Guest Services, there is a sign for the Passport collection, you have your photo taken and it is printed on a plastic ID which is all you need to take in future. It's worth keeping your order safe though as if you lose your card between trips they can trace it and reissue a new one.

Andy & Arlene
01-04-2003, 22:52
Steph
Do you know if you have to have your photo taken with these fun cards?

I'm looking at the Seaworld/Busch Gardens joint one. Although we have to buy them before the end of May, we will not be over till October, so I presume it will be ok to validate them then.

Arlene

steph_goodrum
02-04-2003, 00:09
Yes you do Andy, as I mentioned before we ordered the 2002 even though we weren't going till December but then found we could get one for 2003 and before I ordered the 2002 ones I asked if they had to be validated by a certain date and were there any blackout dates and the answer to both questions was no. I got the refund on my credit card last month for the 2002 ones which we never validated. You print off an e-voucher and take it to guest services and they will take the photo and produce the card in just a few minutes (+ queueing time of course).
If you want to make doubly sure then you can just e-mail and get confirmation. I ordered them last April but they did extend the deadline for purchasing them a couple of times.