PDA

View Full Version : Visa information please

Gamedude
03-04-2005, 20:02
I have just realised that I need to apply for my holiday very soon.

Can anyone tell me where I can get the forms and do I send them to the american embassy?

My wife and children do not need a visa so does my wife just fill in a visa waiver for herself and the kids on the plane?

I would appreciate any advice on what forms to fill in and where they can be obtained.

Thanks if you can help me.

Gamedude
03-04-2005, 20:26
I have been looking on the american embassy website and it says I need to fill out the DS 156 form. Do I then phone embassy and make an appointment and take form with me? How do I pay for the fee they talk about?

I am getting worried so sorry if I seem a bit desperate but I cannot seem to see how I apply for this visa. I would really appreciate any advice on applying?

Thanks for any help.

E. Cosgrove
03-04-2005, 20:29
You can download the forms direct from the US embassy website.
You do not need to send the forms off, ring the embassy for an appointment and take the paperwork with you.
This topic has been discussed many times before and if you do a search you will find loads of useful info.
If your wife and kids are eligible to travel by visa waiver then they will fill in the forms on the plane in the usual way.
hope this helps.

Gamedude
03-04-2005, 20:35
Thank you for the advice, will contact the embassy tomorrow.

Many thanks.

Michelle
03-04-2005, 21:01
I have hyperlinked the page you need from the US Embassey web site

Visa Services -> Nonimmigrant Visas -> Holiday Visas
It tells you exactly what you have to do. and what they require you to take with you for your interview. When you contact them to make the appointment they will send you information and enclose paying in slips for you to pay into Barclays Bank only, and has to be paid in cash for £65,also will give you names of which photo shops to go to for the photo you will need which they will put onto your visa.

E. Cosgrove
03-04-2005, 21:14
Michelle you are so clever, I knew some one would be able to point him in the right direction.

Michelle
03-04-2005, 21:52
Hi Liz wish I was, as hubby does not think so [:O]

Michelle
03-04-2005, 21:59
Okay LIz, I better own up,:( we had to renew our 6 months stay visitors visa last year, which is valid for 10 years.As long as the INS let us in each time we go over. Beacuse they always tell you at the embassy, that though they have granted you the visitors visa it is up to immigration officer at the arrival USA Airport whether they allow you to stay or not. That is why we always make sure have something on us which shows that we have ties in our country of origin.