PDA

View Full Version : The Hobgrove's hit Orlando! Part 4

E. Cosgrove
03-04-2005, 18:49
March 24th
The usual early wake up saw a bright sky, although the promised sun had not yet materialized. It looks like we would get our first family theme park day. Helen joined David and I for an early morning swim with the news that Stu was not feeling great, aching, headache and a bit of a cold, he was still in bed!
The kids rose relatively quickly, Sophie was OTT as working in the theatre MGM is her favourite park, it is also Stu's favourite so he stumbled gamely out of bed at the last minute and we dosed him up with Nurofen and Sudafed. Natalie also needed a dose of sudafed...we were dropping like flies!!
We arrived at the car park before 9 and boarded the tram, the kids were hyper, working Kitty and Nicola into a frenzy of excitement and chanting ' no eating, drinking, smoking, flash photography, or video taping please' sophie was desperate to get going and kept shouting 'driver all clear' and 'beep beep' long before people had finished boarding.
we had to buy Sophie a ticket at the gate as we had been unable to buy a 2 day ticket on the internet. There was a short delay whilst we had our bags searched and then we were off down Hollywood Boulevard, stopping for a team photo on the way. We resisted the draw of the shops and headed straight for Rock n Roller Coaster and ToT. We got fast passes for Rn R and went to stand in line for ToT, the wait time was 25 mins. Unfortunately whilst we were checking the fast passes we realised the machine had only given us 9 instead of 11[msnsad]
Natalie, although willing to ride ToT was quite scared as she doesn't really like it, Nicola was terrified and refused to sit with Nick as she thought he would try to scare her even more. Nicola clung to my hand as we entered the library at the same time gravitating to the edge and trying to find something to hang on to[msnsmile2] This part of the ride is soooo clever with no sensation of movement at all, although you must be climbing several storeys.
When we left the library and reached the elevator Nicola was white with terror, she was on the first seat of the second row, but refused to sit on the outside so i swapped with her. The ride was over all too quickly, I love it as did eveyone apart from Nat and Nic. Sadly there was a problem and we didn't get to see our photo.[msnsad]
Straight from ToT to RnR with only 9 fast passes Helen and I volunteered to sit this one out, but Stuart approached the guy at the fast pass machine and he just gave us another 2 passes. We were quickly on the ride and everybody loved this one so as we were leaving we picked up fast passes to ride again later making sure this time that we got all 11.
Beauty and the Beast was just starting so we crept on to the bleachers part way through the first number. Sophie loves this show, she is a DSM at Oldham Colosseum and would love to work on a show like this. David was bored and kept feigning sleep along with both James and Jonathon. I thought it was great...very Disney!!!
from here we headed over to The Great Movie Ride, there was only a 15 min wait, barely long enough for us to see the pre show through in it's entirety, I love this ride purely for the film clips before and after. By the time we left we were all singing ' Follow the Yellow Brick RD'
Next it was Star Tours, neither James nor I am good with simulators[sick]so we chose to sit this one out, just sitting on the wall and people watching. There was a guide dog wearing Minnie Mouse ears, a woman in a reg polo neck sweater....she must have been hot, a goth in full makeup, no he wasn't a cast member, I was quite happy to just sit and watch the world go by. Our party arrived after about 40 mins and we reckoned we had time for one more attraction before it was time to use our fast passes on RnR. We decided on the sound show, as a lot of this takes place in the dark and I am a bit claustrophobic I had a quick spray of rescue remedy before we went in.
Everybody enjoyed this one but there was no time to experiment with the sound booths outside if we wanted to make

daisy
03-04-2005, 20:47
liz am really enjoying your trip reports they are so detailed i wasnt sure about mgm studios but it will definately be on my list now .

DisneyDreamer
03-04-2005, 21:01
I want to be there now!!!!![8D]

E. Cosgrove
03-04-2005, 21:23
Each to their own Daisy but for me MGM is up there with the best!:D<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by daisy
liz am really enjoying your trip reports they are so detailed i wasnt sure about mgm studios but it will definately be on my list now .
[/quote]

LiesaAnna
03-04-2005, 22:37
well done again Liz!!! i am there!! i am there! we did the muppets and then backlot tour!! i know where your talking about!!!!!!! so excited!!!!! more more!!!!!
sorry that the others werent feeling so good tho!
am definately trying the tower of terror next time we go!! sounds so much fun!!!

dont want them to come to an end Liz!! so no rush![msnwink]

Ray&Sarah
03-04-2005, 23:30
Great report Liz, feels like we are actually there with you, bit like a soap opera, I'm starting to worry about the characters.[msnwink]:D[msnsmile2]

ravtino
04-04-2005, 00:27
Have loved reading your reports - keep em coming

LesleyB
04-04-2005, 01:18
Just caught up with your reports Liz, they are great. My Stu caught flu for the first 4 days we were in Florida in March - seemed to be a lot about. Looking forward to the rest of your reports.[msnsmile2]

Sally D
04-04-2005, 02:59
Really enjoyed your reports Liz, looking forward to more.

trevlad
04-04-2005, 03:15
compulsive reading liz, get typing , yo good![clap]

linsan
04-04-2005, 05:33
Just read the first 4 trip reports and I'm hooked!:) Can't wait for more.

stabard
12-04-2005, 19:55
GReat as always Liz