PDA

View Full Version : The Hobgrove's hit Orlando! Part3

E. Cosgrove
03-04-2005, 15:13
23rd March
Today we had planned to go to Universal studios. I slept better and woke about 6.30, it was grey and overcast but I decided to risk a quick dip. Cozi on I tiptoed out to the pool only to find the rain coming down in sheets and the thunder rumbling ominously...how had I missed that when I looked out of the window?
I dived back in bed and by this time David had made a cuppa so we sat in bed watching the weather channel, it kept beeping and showing weather warnings for our area, things were not looking too good.
Because Sophie's stay was so short we had planned 4 theme parks broken up with a shopping day, now it looked as if we would have to substitute our shopping day for today[msnsad]
Team meeting showed everyone in favour of this plan so we all got showered and to Jonathon's delight we hit Denny's for breakfast. We got a table straight away and everyone tucked in to their hearts content. I had the slim slam....that's a bit of a joke, how on earth can all that food constitute something slimming?[msnwink]
We piled into the vans after breakfast and headed off to Lake Buena Vista Outlets. Arriving at 10 we agreed to meet up again at 12, James and Nat were quickly off to do their own thing whilst the rest of us meandered in the same direction but gradually got separated.
Helen and I bought more bedding for the villa and some pool toys, and by this time I had lost David. No problem, we would meet later...he's not the best shopper in the world.
When we got to Old Navy I picked up a couple of jumpers for work and a T shirt, but when I came to pay, horror of horrors I had left my CC in my 'English purse' at the villa. I paid cash, but it was time to find David PDQ if i was going to enjoy myself![msnoo]
I eventually caught up with him somewhere round the other side of the mall to find he had actually bought himself some Timberland boots. There was just enough time to drag him into Liz Claiborne where I used his CC for a pair of shoes and then into Gap for a jumper!
We all met at the appointed time except for.......yes, you guessed it Nick and Nicola who held us up for about 20 mins!! Nicola had managed to buy most of Nine west!!
Next it was off to Premium Outlets, the relatively short distance took quite a while as the traffic was bad, parking was difficult and it was every man for himself when you spotted a space![msneek]
A meeting time at the food court was arranged and once more we headed off to 'do our own thing', this time however, I kept 'Credit Card Man' by my side at all times. We bought the usual, cd's DVD's and PS2 games for the villa. I managed 3 more pairs of shoes at Liz Claiborne and a pair of trail shoes at Timberland. David also bought trail shoes and indulged his love of 'rental car sunglasses', the ones you buy from the stands, 2 pairs for $20, so cheap it doesn't matter if you leave them behind in rental cars, which he is alaways doing[8D]
We met with the others at the pre arranged time. Helen still wanted to go to Mall at Millenia as she had promised to get a friend a 'little brown bag' from Bloomingdales. David had done enough shopping, Nick and Nicola had more shops to do and Jonathon and Kitty wanted food. It was decided that David would head back to the villa with N$N and J$K when they were done whilst the rest of us headed off to Mall at Millenia with Stu at the wheel and me riding shotgun with directions!
We allowed ourselves just an hour at The Mall, time enough for Helen and I to purcahse said bag, a better iron for the villa, a centre piece for the dining table and some goodies from Yankee Candle and Bath and Body Works, not bad for an hours work eh?
When we arrived back at the villa the others had been in the pool and were showered ready to go out, so it was a quick turn around and off we went to the 192.
Eating with young adults is never easy, they haven't quite developed good taste so we checked out TGI Fridays where the wait for a table was 50-60 mins. We reckoned this would be the same everywhere so whilst t

Ray&Sarah
03-04-2005, 15:20
Another great report Liz, good to note you shopped till you almost dropped!:D
Good ploy to leave your CC at the villa and use hubbies, must remember that one![msnwink]:D

LiesaAnna
03-04-2005, 15:21
your so good at this Liz!!!
when you talk about some of the shops that i have been in, i can imagine being there! its great!
right i need to know more about yankee candle and body works, i like to buy these sort of things for my best mate for christmas, she loves this sort of thing! is it the same as bath and body works at pointe orlando?

thanx Liz! love it so much!

E. Cosgrove
03-04-2005, 15:30
Yes leisa, Bath and Body works is a chain as is yankee Candle.
In B&B we bought all the yuummy lemonmeringue and cappucine body creams and scrubs, they are so good you could eat them!

LiesaAnna
03-04-2005, 17:23
Oh my gawd! now i know why best friend loves them so much!!! she obviously visulizing them as food when i have bought for her in the past! she is addicted to food!
will enjoy looking around that shop when we go next!
thanx Liz

eagleydo
03-04-2005, 17:54
Liesa you have to buy the Vanilla Bean from B & B it is the BEST!!! have to buy some everytime we visit.

LiesaAnna
03-04-2005, 18:09
have got things for my friend but not a lover of all these stinky things but for once i am willing to have sniff at them![msnwink]

DisneyDreamer
03-04-2005, 20:58
:)Another enjoyable installment....on my last trip I stocked up on Yankee Candles.....the buttercream one is amazing...it makes your mouth water just to smell it! Bath and Body Works is on my list to visit next time, so many people are raving about it...

stabard
12-04-2005, 19:49
Wow - you can sure shop Liz!!