PDA

View Full Version : 2 pin shaver adapters

tezz7628
02-04-2005, 16:32
has anybody seen any adapters for u.s that would work direct with a 2 pin shaver plug

the only thing i can come up with is 2 pin to 13 amp plug then to u.s adapter?

thanks

Snapper
02-04-2005, 17:18
If you fly through Europe keep your eyes open for a US to European (2 pin) adaptor. The European 2 pin socket isn't quite right for a 2 pin shaver lead but with a bit of wriggling and persuading it will fit.

Cruella DeVilla
02-04-2005, 18:35
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Snapper
If you fly through Europe keep your eyes open for a US to European (2 pin) adaptor. The European 2 pin socket isn't quite right for a 2 pin shaver lead but with a bit of wriggling and persuading it will fit.
[/quote]

BOOM[laugh][laugh][laugh]

flyrr100
02-04-2005, 19:48
On your first day hit Target. Buy a shaver there for around $40.00. Keep it for any future visits to the US of A.

SunLover
02-04-2005, 20:56
I must admit, we did this on our last trip, and we're so glad we did. It's a great tip :)

KevinT
03-04-2005, 15:33
Hi Tezz,

Check out Boots/ Superdrug and other large chemists for their travel accessories. We have two or three universal adapters under the names TravelMasters and TravelLine. Two adapters fit into a plastic tube (one each end). They are basically a flat three pin UK to two pin flat US adaptor, but the two bottom pins of the UK plug have rounded bits that take a two pin shaver plug. Not sure exactly where we got them but supermarkets like Tesco / Sainsbury / Morrisons etc also do them. Also fairly sure that the small chemists at airports have them.

Also check out this link : http://www.euronetwork.co.uk/acatalog/Mains_adapters.html

Item ref 19 - 1024

Good hunting! [msnsmile2]

Val
04-04-2005, 14:46
Curry's is usually to good place to buy adaptors, I brought back some hair straightners last visit and bought the plug in Curry's.
Perhaps ask your villa owner is they are supplied in the villa, we leave various adaptors for our guest to use.
Val

becbecs
04-04-2005, 15:34
Boots sell them, we got an adapter from there which comes in 3 parts so you can near enough use it anywhere in the world.

[beer]

jolliffee
04-04-2005, 16:48
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by tezz7628
has anybody seen any adapters for u.s that would work direct with a 2 pin shaver plug

thanks
[/quote]

Thats what we do works fine...[msnsmile2]

Magical Dreams
07-04-2005, 23:06
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by tezz7628

thanks
[/quote]
There's a store in MCO that sells all sorts of International Travellers gadgets.

There is also one in the Florida Mall.

(Unless they had closed)

They sell every conceivable type of adapter.

Can't find it at the moment!
Some one know what I mean?

gromit
08-04-2005, 18:44
BA have am adapter kit that you can use anywhere in the world in their dury free magazine. I have seen the type you are looking for Tezz in the Uk but I can't remember where, but I am sure some of the duty free shops sell them.

Magical Dreams
08-04-2005, 18:53
I think the one you are thinking of is sold in walmart too.

$9.99