PDA

View Full Version : Shuttle Launch Tickets

gromit
02-04-2005, 15:38
Thought this may be of interest to some. I have just had an e-mail from KSC to say they are about to sell tickets for the planned Shuttle Launch on May 15th, the day I come home from Florida!!!!

I have been to see one in the past and I can recommend it if you are into that sort of thing - it is quite awesome. The only thing is the launch may slip if they discover any problems before hand. The one I saw was actually delayed a week.

Here are the details they sent:

Now is the time to reserve your place at one of the most important, exciting, and profoundly significant milestones of this century!

Be here for the Return to Flight of America's Space Program as we witness and celebrate the launch of STS-114 Space Shuttle Discovery. Launch is currently targeted for May 15 with a launch window extending through June 3.

A limited number of tickets are available and will go on sale Monday, April 4, at 9 AM EST. Tickets cannot be reserved or purchased before this time. Tickets cannot be purchased or reserved via email or voicemail.

You can purchase online at www.KennedySpaceCenter.com or by phone at 321-449-4444.

linda allen
02-04-2005, 15:54
Thanks for that Camilla and Neil, we are there for the shuttle launch if we get on the flight on Saturday!!!

02-04-2005, 19:38
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by linda allen
Thanks for that Camilla and Neil, we are there for the shuttle launch if we get on the flight on Saturday!!!
[/quote]

Must be staff travel then Linda? I used to hate to stress![msnwink]

linda allen
02-04-2005, 20:02
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Mach 2
[/quote]

Must be staff travel then Linda? I used to hate to stress![msnwink]
[/quote]

You guessed it Lucy, we're waitlisted for three flights that day.May go from Man to jfk and onward with Jetblue. We will be over in Florida for just under a month, so 1 day won't make too much difference.

DiannaUK
02-04-2005, 22:42
Thanks for this information, which I've just passed on to hubby, and he's going to try to get tickets as we fly out on 14th May. Imagine, he'lll be out of my hair for a full day - I know what I'll do - I'll go shopping - yipeeeeeeeeeeee :)

Di

linda allen
02-04-2005, 22:56
Oh Dianna, you can shop anytime. I'd see the launch its well worth it.

CERICROWLEY
04-04-2005, 18:36
Got my tickets on-line. Bought the premuim package with lunch as well. Its Hubby birthday on the 1st May, so this is a wonderful treat.

Just hope it goes as scheduled. We only have a a week out there.[?]

pieman790
04-04-2005, 18:57
We will miss the launch by 4 days and im gutted. I have been to Florida loads of times and not once have i had the chance to view the launch.
Anybody know how longs it is up for as we are there until 3 June 2005 and the second best thing would be to see it land (If you are able to see it land)

CERICROWLEY
04-04-2005, 19:11
Neil

It doesn't always land back at kennedy. It sometimes lands in californa instead weather permitting.

linda allen
04-04-2005, 19:30
Just got our tickets.[8D] Didn't get the premium as our boys(aged 3 and 4)would probably get bored. They love the space center though, so i'm really excited.

linda allen
04-04-2005, 19:37
Neil, the mission is scheduled for 12 days, go to www.nasa.gov for info.

pieman790
04-04-2005, 19:46
Thanks for the info, it will just be my luck and will land in California.

DiannaUK
04-04-2005, 23:21
Oh Dianna, you can shop anytime. I'd see the launch its well worth it.
[/quote]

Well, I've bought 2 tickets, so I shall see how I feel on the day. We're only flying out the day before and so will have spent 9 hours on a plane, so I'm not keen on the idea of a whole day at KSC, but my husband is thrilled and he may well persuade me.

A once in a lifetime experience I know.

Dianna.

linda allen
04-04-2005, 23:43
Hi Dianna,
What flight are you on? We are going then too.

05-04-2005, 02:33
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by pieman790
We will miss the launch by 4 days and im gutted. I have been to Florida loads of times and not once have i had the chance to view the launch.
Anybody know how longs it is up for as we are there until 3 June 2005 and the second best thing would be to see it land (If you are able to see it land)
[/quote]

We went for a landing and to be honest you cant get anywhere near close - it was a dot on the horizon[msnsad]

DiannaUK
05-04-2005, 02:49
Hi Dianna,
[/quote]

We're on a Monarch flight out of Gatwick at 9.30am on Saturday 14th, flying into Sanford - what about you?

Dianna.

linda allen
05-04-2005, 11:46
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by DiannaUK
Hi Dianna,
[/quote]

We're on a Monarch flight out of Gatwick at 9.30am on Saturday 14th, flying into Sanford - what about you?

Dianna.
[/quote]

We'll hopefully be on the BA flight to Orlando or Tampa, not made our final decision yet.

CERICROWLEY
05-04-2005, 12:47
I haven't told Hubby yet waiting for his birthday. He has been desperate to go when the shuttle started to luanch again. As we visited Kennedy when the last shuttle was on its launch pad ready to go and missed it by two days. The photos we took then are sitting pride of pride in our album as the last shuttle launch.

linda allen
05-04-2005, 13:48
Ceri, he'll be over the moon when he finds out.
My husband is away at the moment but I called him last night and he's really excited. The best bit is you get to spend the day at the space center, then to top it all off you watch the shuttle go up before going home.[clap]

steph_goodrum
10-04-2005, 17:50
Discovery has rolled out onto the launch pad now, so they are still on schedule for May 15th at the moment.

linda allen
21-04-2005, 23:10
Just had a look on the NASA web site and the shuttle launch has been put back. The launch window is now between 22nd May and 3rd June.

nicklangdon
30-04-2005, 01:12
Just checked NASA website and the shuttle launch has slipped again it now says july.