PDA

View Full Version : A minefield of tickets!! What suits our needs?

mdj101
31-03-2005, 17:14
Hi There.

I know that everyones individual ticket needs seem to be different, so I thought I would ask here what tickets would be best for us.

We are travelling for the first time to florida in september (4 Adults), staying for 12 nights. (i've worked out that it actually gives us 12 full days) am i right?

Now, as ive said we've never been before and I know that we are going to be hard pushed to fit everything in!

What I understand is that we would be best with hopper tickets for disney, as we would like to return to see a couple of the night time displays at disney.

From what we have looked at we would like to visit the following.

Disney (All Main Parks) PS how many are their and how many days will this take?
Universal Studios
Universal Island Of Adventure
Bush Gardens
Sea World
Wet & Wild

If you can suggest any other attractions it would be appreciated! Getting very excited now!

PS has anyone done any of the balloon flights?

blott
31-03-2005, 18:00
Twelve nights actually gives you 11 full days as the first day you will be arriving, presumably in the afternoon, and the last day you'll be departing before the end of the day, usually flights are from lunchtime onwards.

There are four main Disney parks, Magic Kingdom, Epcot, MGM Studios and Animal Kingdom and you'd probably need at least a day in each so that's 4 days.

You may be able to do Universal Studios and Islands of Adventure on the same day if you start as soon as the parks open and leave late in the evening, that's one or possibly 2 days.

Busch Gardens is at Tampa which is about 1.5 hours drive from the Orlando area so that's another full day.

Sea World is another full day.

Wet'n'Wild is however long you'd like to stay there.

So you're already up to a minimum of 7+ days and a maximum of 9 days.

Other suggestions for adults would be Kissimmee Old Town, helicopter flight (or hot air balloon, usually involving getting up really early as they're breakfast flights), perhaps a dinner show, perhaps Gatorland, perhaps Boggy Creek Airboats, perhaps Citywalk.

I'm not sure you're going to fit half of this into 11 full days without collapsing from exhaustion!

mdj101
31-03-2005, 18:08
The 9 days sounds good, i think the other 2 will be spent relaxing at the beach or doing some shopping!!

So what would be the best tickets to get?

florida4sun
31-03-2005, 18:24
From the info you have supplied, I would recommend:

4 day base ticket (you get a free upgrade to a 5 day at the moment)
2 day Universal/IOA
Sea World Busch Combo
1 day Wet n Wild.

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by mdj101
Hi There.

I know that everyones individual ticket needs seem to be different, so I thought I would ask here what tickets would be best for us.

We are travelling for the first time to florida in september (4 Adults), staying for 12 nights. (i've worked out that it actually gives us 12 full days) am i right?

Now, as ive said we've never been before and I know that we are going to be hard pushed to fit everything in!

What I understand is that we would be best with hopper tickets for disney, as we would like to return to see a couple of the night time displays at disney.

From what we have looked at we would like to visit the following.

Disney (All Main Parks) PS how many are their and how many days will this take?
Universal Studios
Universal Island Of Adventure
Bush Gardens
Sea World
Wet & Wild

If you can suggest any other attractions it would be appreciated! Getting very excited now!

PS has anyone done any of the balloon flights?
[/quote]

trevlad
31-03-2005, 18:45
what about typhoon lagoon then blizzard beach. they are the 2 'themed' disney water parks - great fun.

because you are cramming the suggestion will be to do everything once and quickly then see what time you have left .you may not see all the shows every where, but go to what takes your fancy. you will certainly get all the big rides in.

i think if you get an early start at animal kingdom one day then you could do it by late lunch and then wipe out mgm on the same day. that saves you one day. using the hopper tickets ,there is nothing stopping you visiting every park the same day,just for specific rides. you could argue you waste time in between , but you only pay once to park

RE animal kingdom
if you can get to ak at opening, then RUN, to the kilimanjaro jeep safari get this done without a queue. if you love it which you will , when you come out grab a fast pass,to do it again. because its so early, the fast pass will be about 30/40 mins later. this gives you time to get round to the family kali river rapids ride, which again is great. depending on the queue just go straight back before doing the safari again. (you cant get a second pass before the other, time expires)
pangani forest trail is interesting, bugs life is good, lion king and all the costumes is definitely worth seeing and the dinosaur ride in dinoland is alright it also contains a 50's style fun fair which the kids love

mopping up, tarzan rocks,flights of wonder(birds) and pocahontas might do it for you and the tree of life is awe inspiring(14 floors high with 325 animals 'carved' on it). there are some other bits and pieces as well as the disney 'actors' making the atmosphere of the place( watch out for the tree lady)

this is just my opinion and then youre off and running to mgm, or why not go for a swim??

it really all depends on you.
again an early start could see you doing magic kingdom during the morning and early afternoon then epcot and the fireworks thru til closing, as you could by pass a lot of the 'kiddie'rides(but dont miss small world at mk, its awesome![msnwink]). queues could throw a spanner in the works but make good use of the fast pass system

the only downside is that you will not soak up all the atmosphere and the 'magic'. but regardless you will have a great time. also dont miss shamu at sea world and the free budwieser at the hospitality area[msnwink][msnsmile2]

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
31-03-2005, 20:49
Good advice on AK Trev .... the safari is fantastic, but you will not see many animals unless it's done early in the day.

trevlad
31-03-2005, 20:55
we love to look for that lazy lion, snoozing on the rock.
usually only see his missus moving and a ball of fur(him) snuggled in a nook!![msnsmile2]

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
31-03-2005, 21:36
Absolutely - we saw him strolling around and growling last time we went. We usually just see a tuft of hair sticking up from the top of his rock (we have been later on most of the time and miss all the action).

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by trevlad
usually only see his missus moving and a ball of fur(him) snuggled in a nook!![msnsmile2]
[/quote]

mdj101
31-03-2005, 22:04
Hi There florida4sun

The 4 day base with the free upgrade doesnt include hopping or does it?

Also if we do decide to go to the disney water parks, what ticket should we get?

Oh and trev lad, thanks for the great info!!

florida4sun
31-03-2005, 22:07
The base ticket does not include hopping. If you want to to do the water parks then any ticket with 'options' would include these a full explanation is here http://www.park-tickets.com/disney-world-tickets.aspx

Hi There florida4sun

The 4 day base with the free upgrade doesnt include hopping or does it?

Also if we do decide to go to the disney water parks, what ticket should we get?

Oh and trev lad, thanks for the great info!!
[/quote]

mdj101
31-03-2005, 22:27
Hi There,

Sorry to keep asking all these questions, would i be better to get a Disney's Ultimate Tickets for 14 Days? This seems to cover unlimited access to all the disney attractions for 14 days, is this a hopper ticket, could someone confirm the pros and cons, and also, instead of purchasing the sea world, busch universal 2day combos, am i given more flexability buying the Orlando 5 Park Flex?

Thanks in advance everyone.

worldpeace
31-03-2005, 22:45
hi,we did the balloon flight {oct 04} you do have to get up early {pickup 6-630am various locations}but it was pretty cool watching them inflate the balloons.our flight lasted about half hour then you get picnic breakfast (a bit basic). on the whole, a nice morning, friendly crew and a once-in-a-lifetime experience. We wouldn't do it again due to the cost and would like to try the helicopter flights.

trevlad
31-03-2005, 23:02
Hi There,

Sorry to keep asking all these questions, would i be better to get a Disney's Ultimate Tickets for 14 Days? This seems to cover unlimited access to all the disney attractions for 14 days, is this a hopper ticket, could someone confirm the pros and cons, and also, instead of purchasing the sea world, busch universal 2day combos, am i given more flexability buying the Orlando 5 Park Flex?

Thanks in advance everyone.
[/quote]
mark
its all down to personal choice and price. the 14/21 day pass expires so youre unused days are wasted. we personally go for this type of ticket because on a three week holiday it means everyday we can visit a water park or quest etc if you want to. and if it does cost more then we suffer this for flexibilty and wasted unused days.

bearing in mind your time limit and the requirement for visits to sea world and universal you are only going to be in disney perhaps5/ 6 or 7 days max, so if you buy the right hopping ticket,you will get sufficient days and any unused hops or water days wont expire.

i'll throw you another low baller . if you spend a day' swimming with the dolphins' at discovery cove, there is a new ticket that you can purchase which then gives you 14 days at sea world and busch gardens free??????[msnsmile2][msnsmile2][msnsmile2][msnsmile2]

mdj101
31-03-2005, 23:08
Oooh really, where is that swimming with dolphins ticket i can look at?

As for the 14 day ultimate ticket, it works out the same price as the 5 day + 3options? Which is why i was questioning it. I want to be able to hop between parks etc, can I do that with the ultimate ticket?

mdj101
31-03-2005, 23:15
Mmm so sea world and busch gardens is about £55 and if you have the combined discovery cove ticket the dolphin swim cost £155 so really dolphin swim is only £100

trevlad
31-03-2005, 23:17
yes the 14 day hops but runs out, there are really so many permutations you need a computer to work it out.
what about a days big game fishing also, for the boys or a round of golf. the ladies can go shopping at millenium mall(proper designer shops)[msnwink][msnwink]

millie
31-03-2005, 23:20
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by trevlad
[/quote]

Did you know that the rock is actually airconditioned to make it cool???:)

It makes sure the lions are out lying on it even when it is hot!!!

Clever Disney!:D

trevlad
31-03-2005, 23:26
no i didnt know that millie, quality![msnsmile2]

mdj101
31-03-2005, 23:32
HI Trevlad.

Would love to do some big game fishing, but i dont think i will have the time! PLUS, i would never let the missus go shopping without me! It would cost more than the holiday!

trevlad
31-03-2005, 23:44
:D:D:D

i was just adding up our projected ticket costs and they are nearly as much as the flights[msncry] , still thats the holiday

mdj101
31-03-2005, 23:56
How much did you spend on flights and who are you flying with?

trevlad
01-04-2005, 01:35
got acracking f;y drive deal with virgin but flying into miami, again doesnt suit everyone[msnwink]

mdj101
01-04-2005, 07:36
Its not really that far is it? OOhh go on tell us what deal you got!

trevlad
01-04-2005, 15:17
£1919 3 adults 1 child 3wks gold package mondeo size car