PDA

View Full Version : Famous People out shopping in Florida

Fran19
31-03-2005, 02:51
How many famous people have you spotted out shopping whilst on each holiday in Florida. We have only managed Ian Wright, I guess most people have seen him whilst over there but how many, who were they and where did you see them?

millie
31-03-2005, 03:03
Not shopping BUT......

We saw David Hassehoff when he was in Knight Rider (yes I was much younger then!) and me and my brother were big fans. He signed our autograph book and said that Devon (the older character) was in too but we did not see him. (very dishy then too!)

And last visit we were in the Dollar parking Lot picking up our car when my husband was trying to get the hang of an automatic car and sitting on the "wrong" side when he jerked the car forward. He nearly hit a woman who turned out to Kevin Keegan's wife!
Luckily they both saw the funny side![msneek][msnsmile2]

Lynnes
31-03-2005, 03:06
Met John Travolta in Clearwater a couple of years ago.

Ray&Sarah
31-03-2005, 03:42
We saw Ian Wright too.[msnsmile]

WR1
31-03-2005, 04:18
We saw barry out of alf W Pet(downtown Disney) and Paul out of spin city (airport).

WR.

Cruella DeVilla
31-03-2005, 04:20
"The Rock" at Universal Studios in 2000.
Would not recognise half the American celebs!

LiesaAnna
31-03-2005, 04:25
no one!:(

kaysvacationvilla
31-03-2005, 04:40
no one. You need to add "zero" to the poll as a choice.

chrizzy100
31-03-2005, 04:59
I'd not notice someone famous if I tripped over them......I spen 4 years talking to this guy at a 'bike do' every year and had to be told by a friend he was the drummer from Inxs.....[msneek][msneek]

Southsider
31-03-2005, 05:39
We saw 'Sally' from Corrie in Blizzard Beach with her family.

Sue and Jere
31-03-2005, 14:04
No one [msncry]

Sue and Jere
31-03-2005, 14:06
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Sue and Jere
No one [msncry]
[/quote]

Just noticed you have added zero to the poll [|)]

Frosty
31-03-2005, 14:37
We saw Richard Harris & Shirley McLaine shopping in the "Galleria" in Fort Lauderdale in the late 90's.

We got both their autographs, i was quite suprised when he signed Richard Harris, because i thought this Irish film star i had been talking to in foot locker was Peter O'toole.

Its a good job i didn't say "Peter can i have your autograph", don't think he would have appreciated that[msnembarrased]

Newhomebuyer
31-03-2005, 15:23
We had a 'famous' American celebrity stay in our villa last summer but we had never heard of him. His name was Sinbad. His wife left a lovely note for us.
Our management group were falling over themselves to deal with him but his name meant nothing to us. I expect we see lots of 'famous ' people around in the parks. They just aren't famous to Brits.
We consider the casts of our well know soaps as famous but they aren't Stateside.
I have never, knowingly, seen anyone famous in the parks or shopping.

Solana
31-03-2005, 16:17
i have never seen anyone famous before exept for minnie mouse!!!!

harrinp1
31-03-2005, 17:42
We saw Gary Rhodes at downtown disney (back in his blonde spikey hair days).

31-03-2005, 18:58
Chris Evans, Billy Piper and Danny Baker and his wife all at downtown, sat in front of Kevin from Corrie and his wife and 2 chldren on the way home in 2002.

I wish you had asked how many famous people you have ever met because after spending 8 years on the Conc its quite a few[msnwink][msnwink][msnwink]

blott
31-03-2005, 20:26
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Mach 2
I wish you had asked how many famous people you have ever met because after spending 8 years on the Conc its quite a few[msnwink][msnwink][msnwink][/quote]Same here, having worked in various hospitals for many years but I'm sworn to secrecy anyway! [msnwink]

caroline
31-03-2005, 23:35
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Fran19
How many famous people have you spotted out shopping whilst on each holiday in Florida. We have only managed Ian Wright, I guess most people have seen him whilst over there but how many, who were they and where did you see them?
[/quote]

I see Ian Wright several times most weeks as his son started at my sons school last September - not very keen on him but he drives a lovely Bentley[msnwink]

wrightbuxton
31-03-2005, 23:44
We saw Lorraine Kelly with her daughter going into IHOP for breakfast once.[msnsmile]

01-04-2005, 01:47
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by wrightbuxton
We saw Lorraine Kelly with her daughter going into IHOP for breakfast once.[msnsmile]

[/quote]

I think she has a villa on Sunset Lakes[msnwink]

Sally D
01-04-2005, 01:49
Linda Lusardi and family at MCO

E. Cosgrove
01-04-2005, 02:28
Andy Gray, sky sports commentator and ex Everton footballer in the queue for journey to Atlantis at Seaworld[msnsmile]

julieanne
01-04-2005, 03:49
A long time ago I saw Peter Beardsley (footballer) in the Florida Mall.

Even longer ago John Stapleton & Lynne Faulds Wood in Epcot.

Terry Butcher (footballer) on Siesta Key

janwebb
01-04-2005, 16:34

[/quote]

[/quote]

We're staying at Sunset Lakes in August - I'll keep an eye out!!

Cruella DeVilla
01-04-2005, 19:17
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by blott
I wish you had asked how many famous people you have ever met because after spending 8 years on the Conc its quite a few[msnwink][msnwink][msnwink]

[/quote]Same here, having worked in various hospitals for many years but I'm sworn to secrecy anyway! [msnwink]
[/quote]

Me too! My favourite amongst many was Sylvestar Stallone

E. Cosgrove
01-04-2005, 22:44
John Stapleton and Lynne Faulds Wood were staying at Bellagio in Las Vegas when we were 3 years ago. They were also eating at the same restaurant as us in Aladdin......get around don't they!<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by janwebb

[/quote]

[/quote]

We're staying at Sunset Lakes in August - I'll keep an eye out!!
[/quote]

Ray&Sarah
01-04-2005, 23:21
Must be for research Liz![msnwink]:D

debbie
02-04-2005, 02:15
We have seen Johnathon Ross and Jane McDonald (from The Cruise)on her honeymoon. Both in Magic Kingdom - not shopping.
Debbie

debbie
02-04-2005, 02:21
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Sally D
Linda Lusardi and family at MCO
[/quote]

Linda Lusardi's uncle was my art teacher at school. (Does this count??)[msnwink]
Debbie

chunkichik
02-04-2005, 19:12
We saw Linda Lusardi and her hubby Sam Kane at Animal Kingdom, not out shopping though, they were in front of us when we did the character meet with Pooh, Eeyore and Piglet

I have met quite a few famous people through the shops that I used to have, and all of them very nice except Robert Kilroy Silk, he was an awful man, expected everyone to bow and s[bad language filtered out]e to him, well not me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think the nicest person was probably Arsene Wenger and his family, such lovely polite and friendly people!!!!!

And if any of you watch Life Begins with Caroline Quentin, that was filmed next door to the last shop I had, she was always in and out, shes a lovely friendly person too!!!!

Magical Dreams
14-04-2005, 02:01
Never seen no one!!

Too busy looking fo bargains

heathercobbett
14-04-2005, 12:16
We sat next to Gary Bushell at a dinner theatre (very shy and quiet (honest!)

Corrie's Sally was on the same flight as us (poor girl was next to the loos in cattle class) very friendly

Judith Chalmers was stroking my daughters hair at the airport(very orange!)

Jonathan Ross has a villa over there as does Johnny Briggs

JaimeSomers
18-04-2005, 06:37
Oooh, interestig topic[clap]

I saw David Carradine (Bill in Kill Bill) at Chicago airport...he looked exactly like he did in the movie..only seemed smaller than i expected...Didnt speak to him, I was too shy!!![msnembarrased]

More stories please!!!

esprit
18-04-2005, 08:35
I havent seen anyone, but my son saw Cameron Diaz and Justin Timberlake being made a great fuss of at a concert in House of Blues a few months ago. Timberlake owns a house in Orlando.

DisneyDreamer
18-04-2005, 13:00
Years ago, late 80's, on my first trip we saw a crowd of WWF wrestlers at the Magic Kingdom, they had quite a crowd around them. They seemed to be doing some sort of promotion. Unfortunately, I couldn't name a single one of them!!!

I used to work at The Savoy Hotel organising banquets and came across quite a few famous faces....the most rude one was Shelley Winters who actually had someone who spoke on her behalf even though she was standing right there in front of me....I was told Ms Winters was too busy to talk!!!!!!

The most recent one was when we were at Milan airport and the Juventus football team were in the lounge with us, no idea who they were but most of them were GORGEOUS!!!!![msnwink]

sunandfun
19-04-2005, 02:38
We saw Sid Owen, (Ricky from Eastenders) shopping in the outdoor mall on the 192, the one with Nike outlet, dollar shop and dress barn, not far from Medieval Times, on our first trip to Florida in 1997. Not seen anyone else yet. My husband saw Michael Bolton in Florida Mall at Chrsitmas-time 2004, signing his book or CD, I think. Is he classed as famous now?

Calamity Jane
19-04-2005, 07:31
There are an awful lot of British celebs out in Florida who own villas and many are on your own developments.

Cruella DeVilla
19-04-2005, 07:35
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by DisneyDreamer
Years ago, late 80's, on my first trip we saw a crowd of WWF wrestlers at the Magic Kingdom, they had quite a crowd around them. They seemed to be doing some sort of promotion. Unfortunately, I couldn't name a single one of them!!!

[/quote]
Same thing happened to us at Universal when the Rock was filming the Scorpian King, we had no idea who he was an asked some kid, who was incredulous we did not know who the Rock was[msneek]

Susan J
20-04-2005, 14:49
Lorraine Kelly sold her villa a couple of years ago, on Sunset Lakes. However it was next door to mine and we had a very memorable night out with Her, hubby and Rosie.
Saw Eminem once, and regret not going for an autograph, saw John Barnes[footballer] in NY onroute to Fl, Had a few famous footballers round when one stayed at my home - and Ian Wright has a villa on Formosa Gardens I think. SAw Jonathan Ross at Boardwalk late one night a few years ago, but he and his wife looked so relaxed, enjoying a beer sat on a form overlooking the lake, that much as I would have loved to talk to him, I didn't! Where does Jonathan Ross have a villa?
Seen lots of footy players, as my son spots them.

stabard
20-04-2005, 15:30
SAw David Seaman and his family coming out of the ESPN bar at Broadwalk on New Years Eve when Mum and I were in the queue. Lee was gutted he missed him but that is what you get if you go to the bar and leave your wife inline[msnwink]

Steviek
20-04-2005, 17:20
Cuba Gooding Jr in 1 of the shops in MGM meant nothing to me but he was being followed like the pied piper

Lesley S
20-04-2005, 17:33
Jonathon Ross and family in Universal Studios.

We have also had a footballer in our villa for 2 weeks, no longer playing now...

dawn
20-04-2005, 22:08
We saw Barry McGuigan(boxer) at Busch Gardens - I don't think anyone else recognised him, he was a really nice chap

Bazamor
20-05-2005, 14:12
Penny Smith and camera crew tucking into a funnel cake at Epcot,Kevin Keegan in DTD, Manchester United football team on our Virgin flight on their last tour to US. Saw Steve McFadden(Phil Mitchell) and Claire Sweeney last week in Majorca sitting on next table in restaurant.She is gorgeous!![:O]

jillizzy
28-05-2005, 08:19
I too saw Sally (Corrie) not in Florida but in Barbados. Travelled with Sir Richard Branson to St Lucia and
Tierry Henri (spelling?) to Antigua.
Still star spotting in Florida but as yet no luck!

Jill

CarolAnn
28-05-2005, 14:41
I haven't seen anyone on Florida famous...well except the boss "Mickey" of course!![msnwink]

flyrr100
20-06-2005, 06:38
Mt 11 year old informed me we had just bumped into, literally, Clay Aiken at MK.

wrightbuxton
20-06-2005, 16:21
We just got back from Orlando. Paul Scoles and family where going on the cat in the hat ride as we where coming of it.

davecass
20-06-2005, 17:44
I shook hands with Teddy Sheringham at Blizzard beach whilst in search for my daugthter who had been missing for an hour!July 1998 & Saw Steve Lomas(West Ham footballer) outside Ruby Tuesday's at the Florida Mall June 2003
My wife's cousin is Joe Pasquale does this count?

Fran19
20-06-2005, 22:44
Only if you see him in Florida!!!!!!![msnsmile2][msnsmile2]

How cool. I think he is such a funny guy. Lucky you, I would invite him to all my dinner parties and impress the other guests - LOL!![clap][clap]

davecass
20-06-2005, 23:42
This is a pic of Joe,(from right)the mother-in-law,sister-in-law,Joe,the Mrs aka Dawn & Raynard who appears in his shows!
This was taken a couple of years ago when my wife went to see his show. We must get him out to florida for some free entertainment![msnwink]

http://www.orlando-guide.info/forums/Data/davecass/2005620192538_Joe.jpg

http://www.orlando-guide.info/forums/Data/davecass/2005620193758_Cassidys.jpg

This is us taken June 03 (from left)our 16yr old daughter Laura, my wife Dawn,my good self then our youmgest Lee 13yrs

vanessag
21-06-2005, 07:03
We saw Dale Winton driving up from Fort Myers.!

KarenScott
21-06-2005, 10:56
Hi Vanessa
That sounds interesting. Did you drive by or did you see him whilst on a rest stop?
[:I]

LiesaAnna
21-06-2005, 11:28
Dave and Dawn, nice photo!!!
shouldve posted it along with lots of others in the photo gallery, i nearly missed it!!!!!!
its lovely!!!

i wanna see someone famous when in florida!![msncry]

domster
21-06-2005, 12:34
Have not seen anyone famous in orlando, but saw Julie roberts on Rodeo Drive beverly Hills.

She had quite a few bags on her at the time, unlike me who could only afford an ice cream.

Please no donations or sympathy.[msnscared]

trevlad
21-06-2005, 12:37
its that footy time of year -
just back and can add brian deane on our virgin flight over(footy- ex west ham and sheff u now at sunderland). really nice guy wished us luck for hammers in play off and gave autograph.

watching the hammers in the play off on 192 at beef o bradys we realised boltons manager - ex sunderland footy player sam allerdyce was in with us, checking out the competition. again really nice guy gave autographs and said he was pleased hammers got promoted as he liked weekends in london!

lastly sitting outside waitng for a table when we came out at olive garden on the 192 was dave jones ex soton manager - think he's at cardiff now.

Kazzie
22-06-2005, 00:39
We saw Dennis Irwin (ex Man Utd) last August. He was in front of us in the queue for the Aerosmith ride at MGM. Unfortunately they had problems with the ride and had to close it down for an hour[msnsad]

Karen

flyrr100
22-06-2005, 18:36
Ossie (Perer Osgood) will be in Orlando later this year.

Kazzie
23-06-2005, 03:18
Do you mean Peter Osgood? If so I used to fancy him something rotten when i was at highschool![:I]

Karen

Maz
11-07-2005, 23:35
No-one has seen my three then - Martin Fowler (eastenders), Alan Thompson and Paul Merson (footballers)

Debbie

Sharon G
11-07-2005, 23:38
"Paddy" from Emmerdale. Sea World

alanandjude
11-07-2005, 23:59
Dale Winton was on our Virgin flight in 2001 - he was in First Class which sadly we were not!!!

taylona
12-07-2005, 00:09
Anne Diamond stayed at Glenbrook. Last year we flew back with Naomi Campbell. None of us knew who she was until we had a baggage problem and the guys at this desk knew her well and told us. Have met/travelled with others but not from Florida.

Kissyme
12-07-2005, 01:11
thought I saw Patrick Swayze on Space mountain a few years back he was looking round to see if anyone had clocked him which I had lol

carynwillson
12-11-2005, 12:16
Michael Johnson - 200mtr runner - sat with his family on the next table to us for dinner in 1997 at the Fulton Crab House - downtown disney, what a lovely man - drank nothing but Dom Perignon all night.
Seen loads at Disneyland Paris - we stay in the Disneyland Hotel over the park. First time there - special guest - stayed 3 nights - Michael Jackson, wow.

Steve and Dawn
30-11-2005, 23:59
We have seen, The guy who played "Tinhead" in Brookside a few years ago. Paul Daniels in Denny's on Idrive he was just leaving and agreed to a picture outside. He was minus his wig and a very nice guy. This year we saw Keith Chegwin in Publix on the 27.

laalaa
18-12-2005, 05:17
In october we saw the actor that plays steve mcdonald in corrie, in front of the castle in the magic kingdom

Genie
18-12-2005, 12:23
Gloria Estafan and Johnny Briggs ( Mike Baldwin )

18-12-2005, 13:40
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Genie
[/quote]

We stayed in Mike Baldwins villa on the gulf coast a few years ago[msnwink]

Andy & Arlene
18-12-2005, 15:24
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by laalaa
In october we saw the actor that plays steve mcdonald in corrie, in front of the castle in the magic kingdom
[/quote]

We saw him in Discovery Cove in October as well. There were photographers with him and there was a spread in one of the glossies - Hello or OK of his holiday in Florida

LiesaAnna
18-12-2005, 15:42
[/quote]

[/quote]

may seem a silly question but i'll ask anyway, how do you know if the villa belongs to a famous/well known celebrity???

some lucky people here!! many names mentioned i would like to have met!!!!

18-12-2005, 17:22
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by LiesaAnna
[/quote]

[/quote]

may seem a silly question but i'll ask anyway, how do you know if the villa belongs to a famous/well known celebrity???

some lucky people here!! many names mentioned i would like to have met!!!!
[/quote]

In our case the lady that managed the bookings for Mike Baldwins (Johnny Briggs) told us, she had her own villa on the same community, needless to say it backed onto a golf course[msnwink]

LiesaAnna
18-12-2005, 17:41
ok thanks Julie

ahagan
21-12-2005, 02:17
We saw Shaquille O'Neal at the Mall at Millenia this summer. Took lots of photos and got an autograph.

Susan J
22-12-2005, 16:01

[/quote]

[/quote]
She was our neighbour, but sold the home a couple of years ago as her work load increased [ found they were paying for friends to stay there basically]

orlandodaze
30-12-2005, 05:29
My daughter saw Nicky from Westlife and his wife Georgeina in the OPO last July. My daughter was quite amazed that folks like them look for bargains like us ordinary folks .

truman
12-01-2006, 02:35
Never have seen anybody famous in Florida. Wouldn't recognise a football player or soap star anyway. However, I did once sit next to Clement Freud on the tube - he was very charming.
Els
[msncool]

ALR
03-02-2006, 22:05
Not seen any in Florida but David Gower cricketer stayed in the Disneyland Hotel at the same time as us.

Seen quite a few famous faces out and about, but not in Florida.

ALR

kilbey lass
04-02-2006, 19:40
last summer we saw sam allardyce the bolton manager, he was in a soccer pub with my dad watching the play off final west ham v preston, and he said to my dad he would prefer a trip to london rather than a local derby so he was pleased when west ham won i think.
we also saw brian deane(west ham, sunderland,sheffield) on the virgin plane over and he signed his autograph for my brother.[8D] we then saw
some body else out side of the olive garden on the 192 he was the cardiff manager i can not remember his name but he was waiting for a table how cool
[msntongue]

ALR
04-02-2006, 21:49
If it's footballer's you're interested in, my cousin is married to the ex-Sheffield United captain, his twin is also a footballer and used to play for Bolton??? and some others (to be honest I can't remember but you see him and his wife in Hello and OK etc.)

ALR

ShirleyCottam
09-02-2006, 03:34
I have never seen anybody famous in Florida[msncry]

I did see Cliff Richard with Gloria Honeyford in a restaurant in Barbados though!

MarkJan
10-02-2006, 02:05
[/quote]

Together ?

TINAPETERS
23-03-2006, 02:31
We met Prince Nasem Hamed in the Crystal Palace at Magic kingdom.
He was very friendly to my 3 year old son who was wearing an england football kit.

Also saw Arsene Wenger walking around Magic Kingdom with his family.

doz
23-03-2006, 22:28
seen Kevin form corrie in sea world with his wife and 2 kids

also fitted windows in Joe Calzaghe's house and his dad's Enzo

does that count

have been for the last 4 years for 1 month over x mas each year
so not that good realy [msnsad]

LiesaAnna
24-03-2006, 02:03
more then what ive seen Trevor!

SDJ
25-03-2006, 04:43
I'm always looking for famous people but have not spotted any yet in Fla. My son recently treated us with Tea for 2 at the Ritz. There were no famous people having tea but on the way we saw Mariah Carey, Jamie Oliver and Vivienne Westwood who my son decribed as only Z list people!

Sandra

jackie greaves
31-03-2006, 18:33
We have never seen anyone famous. Don't think I would really notice them unless there was a croud around them.

steph_goodrum
31-03-2006, 20:30
We queued at security at MCO for about half an hour behind Nick Faldo when we came back from FLorida in March this year. Didn't have a crowd round him but Mick recognised him, he was travelling alone so we didn't say anything.

jimmymac
01-04-2006, 14:15
We saw John Barnes, ex Liverpool player in Typhoon Lagoon and we flew back on the same plane as Colin Jackson in the early 90s
james and wendy

Thorogoods
26-04-2006, 17:07
No one.:(

Pegasus928
30-04-2006, 13:55
When we went last year we were queuing at MCO immigration behind Michael Flatterly (the guy with the wobbly legs off Riverdance)
Pegasus

Newhomebuyer
30-04-2006, 15:38
I saw Jordan and Peter Andre on my last visit and I had a 'famous' American comedian called Sinbad stay at my home.

domster
02-05-2006, 10:46
seen carrie Fisher (princess Leia) and Paul Burrell Princess Dianna Butler. he was getting off Upper Class on the Virgin flight to Orlando, obviously made a few quid with his book.

Paula D-S
02-05-2006, 17:55
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by domster
seen carrie Fisher (princess Leia) and Paul Burrell Princess Dianna Butler. he was getting off Upper Class on the Virgin flight to Orlando, obviously made a few quid with his book.
[/quote]

I once read Paul Burrell has a villa in Florida, don't know where though.

owen3
04-05-2006, 19:33
I was told he is on Highgrove, never seen him though.
Barbara

zx6r
14-05-2006, 22:11
Kevan Keegan and family at Discovery Cove with his family back in June 04.

orlandochris
07-06-2009, 20:38
I flew on the same flight as Linford Christie in 1999, and in June 2007, we saw Mekhi Phifer in DisneyQuest.

nicklangdon
07-06-2009, 22:15
we were at discovery cove 2 years ago and i was stood outside the changing rooms waiting for alison, i was stood next to a man who was also waiting for his wife, i looked at him and thought i reconise him, it was the bloke off coronation street the guy who owns the garage, all i know his last name was webster in the programme. being that i dont watch coronation street i not sure of his first name.

owen3
07-06-2009, 22:30
It is Kevin.
Barbara

skippy
08-06-2009, 05:02
We have met and spoken with Ian St John, Brian Robson,gordon McQueen and ronnie Whelan in "The Pub" on the 27, also sat with the late Mike Read and his wife, what a lovely quiet man he was, certainly not like as he was on the stage etc.
Frank, the old owner from the pub also yold everyone he was the drummer with thin lizzy, not sure how true that is.
sue

SDJ
08-06-2009, 17:51
Sue, that reminded me, my husband played golf twice with the late Mike Reid when we lived in Tampa Bay, but I actually didn't meet him.

skippy
09-06-2009, 17:08
yes he did like his golf, we were sat with them in the january just before they went home and he was off to spain, I think to play golf.
sue

P Grocott
10-06-2009, 20:06
[msncool]Brian Robson & his wife were on our flight over this time

www.villasflorida.com/vacation-rentals-3397aspx

Paula D-S
10-06-2009, 21:01
Graeme Souness and family were on a flight over a couple of weeks ago, Mum and Dad were next to him at the carousel

Majik
10-06-2009, 21:22
We saw 'Kevin' too that year in Magic Kingdom. My husband and son saw Ian Beal from Eastenders in the loo's in Sea World!

Our son is now working for Disney in Magic Kingdom hardly a day goes by without him seeing someone famous. Some of them queue up with everyone else and others expect the 'star treatment'.

RoyalMarineCommando
11-06-2009, 05:27
My Uncle saw Elvis when he was shooting a movie there in Florida.

mfairhurst
11-06-2009, 15:55
Lorraine Kelly has a villa on Cumbrian Lakes we nearly bought there and when you have bought they take your picture and put it on a board her & her husband photo was on .
We seen Paul Burrell he owns on Legends in Clermont it is a nice house .
MAUREEN
www.onlinefloridavillas.com/villas/1683.aspx

skippy
11-06-2009, 16:14
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by P Grocott
[msncool]Brian Robson & his wife were on our flight over this time

www.villasflorida.com/vacation-rentals-3397aspx[/quote]yes he was in the "pub" yesterday I think there was a football match on
sue

Cruella DeVilla
13-06-2009, 00:25
I saw Shaggy and Scooby Doo yesterday:D

Paula D-S
13-06-2009, 02:01
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by mfairhurst
Lorraine Kelly has a villa on Cumbrian Lakes we nearly bought there and when you have bought they take your picture and put it on a board her & her husband photo was on .
We seen Paul Burrell he owns on Legends in Clermont it is a nice house .
MAUREEN
[/quote]
Our family musn't look very good then because our photo wasn't taken when we first bought.[msnwink]

mfairhurst
13-06-2009, 16:46
It was in the office a notice board on the left as you went in the office with photos on ,When we bought on THE HAMLETS they also took a photo when you bought as well .
We put our name dow on Cumbrian Lakes on one just as you go in the gate on the right and found out site next to Cumbrian Lakes was going to be 3 story town homes on the left so we gave back word .
May Be you will see her one day it was a 4 bedroom they bought .
MAUREEN
www.onlinefloridavillas/villas/1683.aspx

peewee
13-06-2009, 17:25
We saw 'David Platt' at Disney Christmas before last. Think he was also trying to set Goofy up then about burgling his grans!! [msnwink]

mfairhurst
01-07-2009, 20:16
We were talking to ALAN JACKSON here in Florida yesterday in the FLORIDA MALL he was selling property on a stand .He has a nice personality and well mannered .
He was the person who did the florida show I WANT THAT HOUSE on UK TV a few years ago he is a broker and we first met when we were looking for a villa in florida and went to Misson Park park when it was first being built , He was the broker for them .
We asked him was property moveing now and he said it is now moving slowly so signs of movement in florida .
There was some cheap property on the stand a 3 bedroom townhouse for $32,900 good for floridians to buy if they work here and have jobs looking after us villa owners ie : cleaners and such .
MAUREEN

florida4sun
01-07-2009, 20:45
The cleaners we used to employ and bigger houses than us. Hard job but money is good if done right.

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by mfairhurst
We were talking to ALAN JACKSON here in Florida yesterday in the FLORIDA MALL he was selling property on a stand .He has a nice personality and well mannered .
He was the person who did the florida show I WANT THAT HOUSE on UK TV a few years ago he is a broker and we first met when we were looking for a villa in florida and went to Misson Park park when it was first being built , He was the broker for them .
We asked him was property moveing now and he said it is now moving slowly so signs of movement in florida .
There was some cheap property on the stand a 3 bedroom townhouse for $32,900 good for floridians to buy if they work here and have jobs looking after us villa owners ie : cleaners and such .
MAUREEN

[/quote]

mfairhurst
03-07-2009, 03:45
When are you going back to Florida Martin then we can work for you ( a cleaning service )[msnwink]
We do a very good job for our own villa and home in UK .Love to get in the USA [msnsmile2]one way or another .
MAUREEN

murraycrewe
03-08-2009, 15:51
I've seen quite a few 'celebs' since my first visit in 1996. In 1996 I saw F1 racing driver Damon Hill at the Magic Kingdom. Through the years I've had former footballers Mark Wright, Bryan Robson and Graeme Souness on my flights to Orlando from Manchester. I also saw golfer Nick Faldo at Winter Park in December 2006 and golfer Greg Norman in the Breakers Hotel at Palm Beach.

I think that is the full list! lol

orlandodaze
04-08-2009, 04:34
My son was poking me last time I was in Orlando airport , he has seen Brendan OCarroll a well known Irish comedianI never noticed him ,so sorry Brendan.

Fran19
04-08-2009, 16:34
We invited Alan Jackson to the villa we were staying in at the time Maureen, to talk about buying homes. That was before he became famous!! You are right, he has a lovely personality and a tremendous laugh!!! I didn't know he was selling from a stand in the Florida Mall now. Maybe just one avenue he is trying, eh?

I am too busy looking in the shops to notice anyone famous these days! I must admit, on the first few trips we took over there, all of us were keeping a keen lookout.[msnsmile]

mfairhurst
05-08-2009, 01:52
We spoke to him and he said there are ome very cheap property now but the Uk are not getting Morgages
He is a broker by trade so any job at the monent is good .
We were going to buy on MISSON PARK and we wanted the show home but Eddie the rep said it would be about 2 years until they had finished the site and only then we could have it ,So we walked away but the site was finished in 12 months .
MAUREEN

Ben Jorell
30-10-2009, 10:58
I'm certain I saw Kenny Rodgers in a shop once, but my wife was highly sceptical! Al Marney is our mate in Anna Maria Island - he was bass guitarist for Chris De Burgh, and one of his mates is David Hasselhof, but we've not met him yet.

[msncool]

kitch50
30-10-2009, 11:13
We saw Haydn Panettiere (Claire from Heroes) at Universal 2 weeks ago

ujpest doza
30-10-2009, 19:23
have seen a few over the years, from memory we have seen the following :

Footballers Steve Lomas and Iain Dowie in the wave pool at Typhoon Lagoon.

Footballer Craig Hignett in Magic Kingdom

Gordon Ramsay in The Olive Garden

Colin Montgomerie in the Mall at Millenia

Footballer Alan Thompson in The Queen Vic Pub on the 192 watching England v Romania

floridageoff
06-11-2009, 22:01
We saw Andie MacDowell in Animal Kingdom a few years ago

Laurel Oak
14-01-2010, 03:00
"Mike Baldwin" at MCO
Ian Rush and Peter Beardsley at EPCOT
Michael Jackson and Lisa Marie Presley at Disney/MGM Studios.

randyj
14-01-2010, 23:00
Two years back we saw and met the Roloff Family off of Little People Big World, at the Boggy Creek Air Boat Rides, Very Nice Family we even got a group Photo with them.

KWdreams
18-01-2010, 01:57
We saw Hulk Hogan in Key West!

abbeyvillas
19-01-2010, 02:11
The golfer Lee Westwood was on the same flight as us. Also we were sat at the next table to Kevin Keegan & his mum & 2 daughters in TGI Fridays at lLake Buena Vista a couple of years ago
Pam

kateydoodles
27-05-2010, 16:54
We saw R. Kelly about 7 years ago...not that that's really much to be proud of!
Also, Michael Fielding (from The Mighty Boosh [bowwave] ) was staying in the apartment above us last year :D We were pretty excited about that!

E. Cosgrove
05-06-2010, 15:49
Saw Peter Beale from Eastenders ( young Peter not old PB who had the market stall!)

he srrived on the gatwick flight and was struggling with his luggage just like the rest of us!!

SDJ
05-06-2010, 19:13
Saw Michael Lynche at MK last week (4th in American Idol) I had posted it in the wrong thread last week!!! Sorry[msnwink]

Sandra

Clo-Bo
26-07-2010, 03:40
Saw Mekhi phifer from ER and 8 mile in disney quest and saw Linda Hogan at clearwater :)