PDA

View Full Version : unfurnished villas

bethany0818
30-03-2005, 22:03
Does anybody know of any unfurnished villas in orlando to rent? We are thinking of moving out there and buying a business. Our money from the sale of the house would pay for the business and we would rent for a year. We were thinking of getting a container so we could bring some furniture with us, so that is why we would need unfurnished. Any ideas on cost?

Claire

Cruella DeVilla
30-03-2005, 22:22
You need to be looking for a long term rental rather than str then. Do a search on the www for "rental accomodation in Orlando". All rental properties in Orlando itself have to be 30 day lets (you might need to confirm this) or more so you will see things not normally available to strs.

blott
30-03-2005, 22:54
Long term rental is 7 months or longer. Bear in mind that your furniture will take around 8 or more weeks to arrive by sea cargo. So you'd need to either send it ahead of your leaving the UK or wait for it to arrive after you do.

You'll need to be lucky to find a villa with a pool without furniture and fittings and apartments are generally available for long term rental unfurnished and go up to 4 bedroom sizes. Try http://www.rent.com for these.

chrizzy100
31-03-2005, 01:06
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by bethany0818
Does anybody know of any unfurnished villas in orlando to rent? We are thinking of moving out there and buying a business. Our money from the sale of the house would pay for the business and we would rent for a year. We were thinking of getting a container so we could bring some furniture with us, so that is why we would need unfurnished. Any ideas on cost?

Claire
[/quote]

You would be better off buying new stuff over here...its cheap enough.....

flyrr100
31-03-2005, 19:07
Go to the Orlando Sentinel web site. There are always tonns of rental properties there. Ranging from condos to houses. (In the USA they are called houses).
Good luck

esprit
01-04-2005, 07:06
Please be aware that it can take months for your stuff to arrive from the UK. A friend spent weeks sitting on the floor, eventually she gave in and bought some new stuff here, it was weeks further on before her own stuff arrived and then she had two sets of everything. Also the furniture here is very cheap, you can buy a whole houseful for as much as you can ship a container for and it looks right in the Floridian houses which English furniture often does not. Unless it is antiques or items of great sentimental attachment I wouldnt bother shipping stuff out. I unpacked mine some three months after I packed it, and couldnt help wondering just why I had packed this and that and dragged it half way across the world with me!!

gromit
03-04-2005, 19:00
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by esprit
Please be aware that it can take months for your stuff to arrive from the UK. A friend spent weeks sitting on the floor, eventually she gave in and bought some new stuff here, it was weeks further on before her own stuff arrived and then she had two sets of everything. Also the furniture here is very cheap, you can buy a whole houseful for as much as you can ship a container for and it looks right in the Floridian houses which English furniture often does not. Unless it is antiques or items of great sentimental attachment I wouldnt bother shipping stuff out. I unpacked mine some three months after I packed it, and couldnt help wondering just why I had packed this and that and dragged it half way across the world with me!!
[/quote]

Unless you have some really valuable items of furniture or sentimental attachment, then just furnish your house once you are in America. The style of home and living, you will probably find that what looks good in your house is UK will not in your American home!