PDA

View Full Version : Dollar car rental

Orchid
28-03-2005, 22:38
This time we have hired a dollar car for our stay in orlando. Last time we were with Alamo and boarded a bus to the Alamo car place.

Is dollar done like this or are the cars in the airport grounds? Just wondered if I would be getting a similar bus again to collect the car as I thought I saw a dollar office before inside the airport.

Thanks for any replies.

eagleydo
28-03-2005, 22:48
Are you arriving at Orlando International Airport? If so, Dollar is at the airport and incidently so now is Alamo, the two desks are next to each other.

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
28-03-2005, 22:57
Both Dollar and Alamo are on airport at Orlando International.

Alamo used to ber a bus ride away until 2 years ago or so. Dollar have always been on-airport as far as I know.

Orchid
28-03-2005, 23:03
Thanks for the info. It was 2002 when we last went so didn't know that Alamo was there too now. Great to know, thanks all.

blott
28-03-2005, 23:33
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by floridadreamvilla.co.uk
Both Dollar and Alamo are on airport at Orlando International.

Alamo used to ber a bus ride away until 2 years ago or so. Dollar have always been on-airport as far as I know.[/quote]Dollar were off airport until at least 1995.

tezz7628
28-03-2005, 23:53
thanks for confirming that blott

just going to say across road from days inn airport hotel

Cruella DeVilla
29-03-2005, 03:08
I hate those off site car places, especially Hertz at MCO. We went online last trip to check which firms were on the airport and went with Alamo/National, who were fine.

DiannaUK
29-03-2005, 04:11
Both Dollar and Alamo have pick-up locations at Sanford and Orlando airport.
Dianna.

Ian Dee
06-02-2009, 03:02
CAn anyone advise if Hertz has a desk along with the others at CAr Rental at MCO, please?

bargainqueen
07-02-2009, 16:06
I have used Hertz and although I was told they were onsite at MCO when we arrived we found they were offsite. This was three or more years ago, they may have changed but I doubt it as they did have a very large operation.

Personally I didn't like it as I always use car hire which are onsite. I had no idea where we were and found the map they provided unclear. It may have been because I was tired as I managed to find my way back to site for our return.

I've been travelling to Florida for a number of years now and prefer to use a particular way to our rented villas. Using Hertz forced me to go a way which I didn't want to use.

If I'd been given details before I flew I could have probably worked out a different route as I did on my return.

Katys Grandad
07-02-2009, 16:55
Pretty sure they're still off site. I think most people prefer onsite arrangements but at least it's not as bad as Miami where you don't have the choice.

Ian Dee
08-02-2009, 03:19
Thanks.
We have guests who would not take our advice and book through this site because they dont like using credit cards online;booked through an agent.
Using Dollar we never notice others at MCO other than Alamo.

If anyone has used or seen Hertz on site at MCO I would be grateful if you can let me know

domster
08-02-2009, 11:35
The Int car rentals are very convenient and we are always on our way quite quick.

J-P
08-02-2009, 12:12
Hertz desk is outside the airport at Butler National Drive. There's a complimentary bus from the airport and back

Ian Dee
08-02-2009, 12:44
thanks JP

CORVETTE
19-03-2009, 22:13
Its about 3 miles away. Hope that helps!